VGF Question

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Hi Im new at all this so forgive my ignorance
I am wanting to buy at Grand Floridan, Im assuming I can only buy resale there?
Also, if I buy resale does this allow me to use other vacation clubs like Hawaii, Carolinas, etc?

The answers to your questions are:

1. Maybe. I say this because I was able to buy direct (without joining a wait list), but that was last September. You'd have to call to see if they have anything available, but their availability is tied to what they buy back based on ROFR, which has been non-existent these last few months. Doesn't hurt to call and ask though. Prices have certainly decreased on the resale market though

2. Yes (under current restrictions), the only current resort you'd be blacked out from would be Riviera. All others are good to go (at the 7 month booking window).

Also, if I buy resale does this allow me to use other vacation clubs like Hawaii, Carolinas, etc?

As pp mentioned, you may be able to buy direct for VGF.
If you buy direct, then you still get into Riviera along with any new resorts they build. Buying resale will give you the limitations.

You may be able to buy direct, but the price per point is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than resale.

Resale gets you access to all the other "legacy 14" DVC resorts. The only DVC resort you'd be presently blocked from is Riviera.

Thank you all!
Am going soon and will look at Rivera. If I can save a significant amount and still have the other resorts probably worth it.

I think VGF resale still lets you go to other resorts built before Riviera.

The direct price for the Grand Floridian Villas is currently $255 per point while resale prices are in the $160 to $170 +- range :goodvibes With resale, you still have access to 14 resorts: all the Disney World resorts, Vero Beach in Florida, Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, Disneyland in California and Aulani in Hawaii :cool1: Riviera is the only resort where you could not use your points :rolleyes1

Something else to consider, if you are young, and you buy resale, you will be locking yourself out of all the future DVCs that will be built in the next 50 years, if they keep their current policy. They will start building again in a few years after the whole covid mess is over.

We love VGF.

I really want VGF and I have been keeping my eye on the resale market. There might be some good deals in a few months!

Something else to consider, if you are young, and you buy resale, you will be locking yourself out of all the future DVCs that will be built in the next 50 years, if they keep their current policy. They will start building again in a few years after the whole covid mess is over.

We love VGF.

Although, realistically, the money saved buying resale VGF now could be used as a hefty down payment on points at one of these new resorts in 10 years' time if said resort entices OP and partner. I believe this to be a scenario where future FOMO can be rationally handled.

$100pp savings on a 150-point contract is... not chump change, especially as OP is a Florida resident and the access to AP Gold is less relevant to the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter