• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF Tubs - How are they?

LisaS

DIS Veteran
One of the reasons we book a 1BR is for the whirlpool tub. After a long day in the parks, we appreciate a relaxing soak in a jetted tub. We're considering booking a VGF 1BR at some point but since the tub is important, I want to get more information before we commit all those points!

The tubs at VGF are so different, I'm not sure what to expect. Are they as relaxing as a whirlpool/Jacuzzi tub and as helpful for tired muscles? Someone posted recently that the bubbles coming up from the bottom of the VGF tubs are cold. That would not be pleasant. Have others had the same experience?

So, how are the tubs in the VGF 1BRs? Please post your reviews/opinions! Thanks!

It's like sitting in a big bathtub with tiny bubbles coming up from the bottom. There isn't any jet action and the air is pumped in from the room so it could feel colder than the water. Passing room air through water will also cool off the water.

You should note that after you use the tub, it will go through a purging cycle a few minutes after you get out. It turns on by itself to blow water out of the tiny holes and passages to reduce mold. It can catch you off guard if you don't expect it.

:earsboy: Bill

I didn't care for it. It's a duel sensation with the cold bubbles and hot water. It was more ticklish than relaxing for me. My kids loved it though. And it helped build the bubble bath.

The tub is also not very big compared to the jetted tubs in other 1 bedrooms. It fits my 4 & 1.5 yo, with maybe enough length for another small child. The width was about as wide as the regular tubs in other DVC studios.

I like them but I also far prefer a soaking tub over a normal jetted one and the air bubbles are just about right. I just posted on the other thread that the air bubbles are actually room temp - the air has to be pulled from somewhere - so they just feel a little cooler compared to hot water that is much warmer than the air temp.

Weird question- do you have to have the jets on or can you just take a normal hot bath?

I didn't notice the bubbles being cold and enjoyed the bath but I do prefer the jetted tubs in the other resorts.

The purging did catch us off guard....I take very late baths at Disney so it purged after mid-night when we were asleep. :rotfl2: Fell back to sleep and it purged a second time....DH found information on the internet about the purging before we looked like idiots calling Maintenance at 1am. :lmao: So be warned....it purges twice.

This is my favorite tub in all if the world! It is deeper than any other tub I have been in and I love that! I regularly soak in the tub, not a big fan of jets so that was not a factor for me. I did turn them on and they were cold so I turned them back off.
For a soaking tub, it is the best!!!

I didn't notice the bubbles being cold and enjoyed the bath but I do prefer the jetted tubs in the other resorts.

The purging did catch us off guard....I take very late baths at Disney so it purged after mid-night when we were asleep. :rotfl2: Fell back to sleep and it purged a second time....DH found information on the internet about the purging before we looked like idiots calling Maintenance at 1am. :lmao: So be warned....it purges twice.

Good to know! Thanks!

It's been my experience that in jetted tubs or hot tubs, the bubbles can be cold at first, but then they eventually warm up, but not sure if this is the case with VGF.

I also think VGF tubs are the best of all DVC properties. I love the size and style but it is a single person tub with minimal jets. I really like the classical style of the tub but it is more like a soaker tub and not a jet whirlpool tub.

Unfortunately the walk to the single outdoor hot tub is far from the VGF and is near the main GF pool.

The VGF tub had multiple small tiny bubble jets that tickle more than are therapeutic like jet tubs. I used them for a few minutes but turned them off as it was more distracting than relaxing. I noticed that on occasion there was a large single bubble that was released in the tub but that may have been the result of the chili cheese hot dog than the actual tub itself.

I enjoyed the tub very much, but I only get showers at home. Buy a couple of bath bombs at Basin and toss them in and it makes for a relaxing soak.

Yes, true... but imagine when you never turned the tub on and the purge cycle mysteriously turns on at 1AM!!! THEN never turns off!!!!!! That's what happened to us, we never got to use the tub, as it was deemed broken our entire stay! It was possessed!!!!!

Thank you all very much! I appreciate all of the very helpful information that you have posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter