Via Napoli-Worth the Hype?

The Margherita pizzas we had in Italy (Rome and near Pompeii) didn't have tomato sauce at all, just tomatoes.
Roman pizza is very different style than Neapolitan pizza. Among other things, Roman-style pizza al taglio is served in rectangular slices and tends to resemble focaccia.

Roman pizza is very different style than Neapolitan pizza. Among other things, Roman-style pizza al taglio is served in rectangular slices and tends to resemble focaccia.

We never actually had the Roman style square pizza when in Rome. We had round pizzas at a sit down restaurant. And Pompeii is right near Naples, so the pizza there was definitely Neapolitan.

I've heard good things about Via Napoli for pizza, but checked out the menu and noticed that it's at least $40 for a larger sized pizza (big enough to feed a family of 4). For those of you that have been, is it worth it? Does the QS location in Italy serve pizza of the same quality? We're going during the holidays, so those kiosks will be up and running, so I'm almost thinking we should skip table service restaurants in Epcot and do the kiosks and QS locations instead.
I would pass on the pizza through the window, there are better QS options are Epcot. We do love Via Napoli pizza when you dine in and also love their appetizers.

How does VN work on the dining plan? I've been thinking of trying it here as I think everyone would like it, but say we got a large pizza, does that use 3 table credits? We have ADRs for garden grill but I've been thinking of pizza since I know we will all love it.

How does VN work on the dining plan? I've been thinking of trying it here as I think everyone would like it, but say we got a large pizza, does that use 3 table credits? We have ADRs for garden grill but I've been thinking of pizza since I know we will all love it.
Which plan are you on? :)

It is fantastic pizza - but it is Neapolitan pizza, real Neapolitan pizza. I lived in Naples Italy for 2 years, and biting into their pizza is like being transported back to my favorite restaurant along the promenade on the bay of Naples. I am not joking. They use certified and verified ingredients to get their pizza recipes as close to the real thing as is possible in the US. We go here every trip to WDW.
Not everyone likes Neapolitan pizza - so there is that. The crust is thin, but not crispy, it's flavorful and delicious on it's own. It will have light char marks on it from the wood fired oven. It's best to do light and not very wet toppings, or the water from the toppings will weaken the crust. Traditional pizza is just sauce and a little cheese and basil (colors of the flag of Italy!). The mozerella is fresh, and buffalo mozerella is the most traditional choice. The sauce is made with specific tomatoes from Italy, and is not spicy or sweet, but compliments the flavors of the crust and cheese. I only add proscuitto to that, and it's laid across the pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven and not cooked on it. Fungi (mushrooms) is another rather traditional choice. Pepperoni, sausage and the like are not traditional choices, so the combination may or may not work well for you. The crust cannot successfully hold the weight of a lot of toppings, it's delicious in it's simplicity, allowing you to taste all of the flavors.
I also love that all the waiters are from Italy, and when they know I lived there, they get very chatty. I've had them sit down and talk about Naples with me when it wasn't so crowded.

now I want pizza

Just the normal dining plan.
Never done the DP ( we generally do the DDxP) but this is how I'd get the best bang for the money on that plan. Also easy since all of us prefer the Margherita: get a large round as it's equal to a min 2 credits and a single salad that you also can share amongst yourselves.

Or you can order 3 personal pies which isn't the best use of your credits yet has the advantage of getting whatever kind of toppings each member of your party likes.
For dessert we wuvvvvvv the "ugly sundae", zeppole and/or Italian ice cream soda.

We don't get tightly wound up on the "is this the best value?" question. More a fan of "this is what I want" and there you go. Not too hard to make up value on a different meal the way I see it.

You can take any leftover pie w/ you but you won't get a pizza box.

HTH

Never done the DP ( we generally do the DDxP) but this is how I'd get the best bang for the money on that plan. Also easy since all of us prefer the Margherita: get a large round as it's equal to a min 2 credits and a single salad that you also can share amongst yourselves.

Or you can order 3 personal pies which isn't the best use of your credits yet has the advantage of getting whatever kind of toppings each member of your party likes.
For dessert we wuvvvvvv the "ugly sundae", zeppole and/or Italian ice cream soda.

We don't get tightly wound up on the "is this the best value?" question. More a fan of "this is what I want" and there you go. Not too hard to make up value on a different meal the way I see it.

You can take any leftover pie w/ you but you won't get a pizza box.

HTH

Thank you for the reply. I made a new thread here talking in more detail about why I'm looking for a better value. My thinking is I'm spending all of this money for food, why wouldn't I want the best bang for my buck.

I've heard good things about Via Napoli for pizza, but checked out the menu and noticed that it's at least $40 for a larger sized pizza (big enough to feed a family of 4). For those of you that have been, is it worth it? Does the QS location in Italy serve pizza of the same quality? We're going during the holidays, so those kiosks will be up and running, so I'm almost thinking we should skip table service restaurants in Epcot and do the kiosks and QS locations instead.
We tried it this past trip and it was ok, but we probably won't be back. It's good pizza, but nothing special and it's very loud in the restaurant. Also the service was kinda slow and a little odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!