Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table - any experiences?

Nox

Mouseketeer
Hello! Just looking to see if anyone has a specific experience or suggestion...

I'm planning a visit to V&A's for our wedding anniversary. This will (sadly) be the fourth year I've made reservations, and yet we still have not been (had to cancel for various reasons - things change when you have to book 180 days out!) I am, however, determined that we will go this year.

I've been reading carefully the different options, and just wondered if anyone had done the Chef's Table [recently-ish, with the changes that have occurred]. The reviews I've read so far, which are scant, have mentioned the Chef's Table is a little more relaxed in environment than the Dining Room. My husband is definitely not a "fancy schmancy" type, and I feel like the opportunity to interact would make him more comfortable.

Some more specific questions:
1. Do you still get the souvenir menu? Or is that only in the dining rooms?
2. Is it still appropriate to be "dolled up"? I want this to be a very special night, so I was planning on going the whole nine yards - dress, makeup, hair. But will that be utterly ridiculous at a chef's table that is in the kitchen?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

I did the Chef’s Table with a friend a few years ago. We both wore cocktail attire and felt completely appropriate. The table is in an alcove that overlooks the kitchen, so it still maintains an elegant atmosphere.

We did receive souvenir menus. I loved my evening at the Chef’s Table. It was an amazing dining experience!

Melissa

Reactions: Nox
While it’s been a few years @TinkLoverSam had her wedding dinner at the Chef’s Table. Men are allowed to remove their jackets while in the kitchen but must wear them if they step out (to the washroom say) I’m not sure you can get more fancy than a wedding dress and full hair and makeup but we were very comfortable in our wedding attire. We got souvenir menus, roses for the ladies and boxes of chocolates to take home. Also instead of wine pairings the in-laws opted to try a beer pairing with the meal - “Albert” was very excited to try his hand at beer pairings!

Yes, we had our wedding dinner at V&A's Chef's Table. It was spectacular. The men are allowed to remove their coats as @Disney_Alli said and you aren't as "on display" as if you are in the main dining rooms but it doesn't feel casual in any way. There was a little upholstered stool to put our purses on and it still felt plenty fancy. It was an awesome night!

Thank you for the replies, everyone! I've been trying to balance both of our personalities for this experience - I am a bit of a foodie and I love formality, but he's very laid-back and formal environments make him a little uncomfortable. It sounds like this would be a great compromise for both of us (assuming we can get reservations for it.) I still get to dress up, but he gets to relax a little, too. Plus, he enjoys asking questions - he's the type that likes to sit at the sushi bar and talk to the chef.

While it’s been a few years @TinkLoverSam had her wedding dinner at the Chef’s Table. Men are allowed to remove their jackets while in the kitchen but must wear them if they step out (to the washroom say) I’m not sure you can get more fancy than a wedding dress and full hair and makeup but we were very comfortable in our wedding attire. We got souvenir menus, roses for the ladies and boxes of chocolates to take home. Also instead of wine pairings the in-laws opted to try a beer pairing with the meal - “Albert” was very excited to try his hand at beer pairings!

I love hearing this! I actually had asked on a previous thread (when we thought we were going to make it this year) about a non-alcoholic pairing. I saw it mentioned briefly on a menu in a video review, and since I don't drink, I was going to ask V&As about it when we confirmed. Seems like they really are flexible and willing to listen to guest preferences, so I am very hyped.

We did this on 11/21 its the most informal and casual of all of the rooms and felt more casual than the other rooms. We were completely dressed up.

We've done QVR and main dining room a few times before, the Chef's table was interactive and personal and included a few surprise courses one savory, one sweet. This past visit was the best food of all of the visits we've had and by far the most inventive and fun. Wine pairings were on point.

You still get the take home menu, chocolates, and rose.

How hard is it to get a Chef's Table reservation? Is it a 180+10 days deal, that if I don't have resort reservations for ten days ahead of time I'm probably out of luck? I've been able to get QVR reservations every year, even less than 90 days out (our anniversary has landed in the middle of the week - next year it's a Thursday and it's after a holiday weekend that I think may make it a less popular time?) so I'm just wondering how difficult it will be in comparison.

How hard is it to get a Chef's Table reservation? Is it a 180+10 days deal, that if I don't have resort reservations for ten days ahead of time I'm probably out of luck? I've been able to get QVR reservations every year, even less than 90 days out (our anniversary has landed in the middle of the week - next year it's a Thursday and it's after a holiday weekend that I think may make it a less popular time?) so I'm just wondering how difficult it will be in comparison.
It is very challenging. There is only 1 table - and while it seats 8 (I believe) it is only reserved for 1 party. We did it in March 2019 and my amateur chef husband loved it. I - honestly - preferred the V&A room but it was fun to do and watch the action. The staff were fabulous about answering questions, stopping by to explain things, and we got the opportunity to chat with the chef for about 3-5 minutes.
Any seat in V&A is an experience, and it sounds like the Chef’s Table would serve the OP well.

We booked it on our last night there and were the first reservation for that day, we on purpose head down on a Thursday and stay until the following Friday so we can book what we want for the next week before the majority of people who come in on a Friday or a weekend are able to book. On previous attempts there has been availability earlier in our trip but other plans/reservations prevented us from doing those specific nights. I would request to be waitlisted on as many nights as you feel comfortable should you not be able to score it when your window opens

2. Is it still appropriate to be "dolled up"? I want this to be a very special night, so I was planning on going the whole nine yards - dress, makeup, hair. But will that be utterly ridiculous at a chef's table that is in the kitchen?

Thank you in advance for any insight!
You will not out-dress VnA. When my wife and I were treated to the Chef's Table I took it as an opportunity to shoot my cuffs full white tie. When we arrived, we were greeted and my top hat and gloves were taken. Just prior to being seated a butler took my tailcoat and I was invited to, should the air get too warm, fold my waistcoat over the back of my chair if I needed to without any impropriety. The dinner was phenomenal.

Now... because it is the kitchen, a less formal attire is allowed, but I would liken it to the Red Sea rig followed by officers in the 19th c Royal Navy. Serving on the Red Sea meant very warm temperatures without much breeze and the Navy generally demanded its officers in full wool attire at every dinner. Red Sea rig allowed for black tie formal wear with the coat to be left at home and a cummerbund instead of waistcoat. I don't think cummerbunds translate very well these days except for weddings maybe, but this is the spirit in which one might approach VnA's chef table.

For the lady, I would think an evening gown with a ballerina drop would be perfect. Something more formal than a cocktail dress but not so stuffy.

I'll say it again, you won't be too dressed up. You could arrive in a ball gown and they would make you welcome and comfortable.

We went for Anniversary Dinner.
We are planning V&A for our Silver Wedding (25th Anniversary) this year. It will be only the 2 of us.
My husband is keen to do the Chef’s Table, but I am concerned that may be better for larger parties, and it may seem lonely (and the main restaurant may be preferable). Is it in a separate room?
Any thoughts welcome, thank you.

The Chef’s Table is right in the kitchen in a little alcove just off the cooking line. It is completely separate from the main dining room but there is lots of interaction with the servers and kitchen staff to keep you interested throughout your meal.

Did the reservation line hours change? I called and the recording says 10AM, but Disney ADR phone line told me 9AM?

We had an absolutely fabulous meal there last year. We spared no expense and within a few years I am sure our 2 boys will understand why we can't pay for their college education. Let's face it, these days it is questionable whether higher education is worth the cost where a good meal.... priceless. :)

Well, today was 180 days out, so I called this morning. Chef's Table was booked. We're on the waitlist, but we do at least have a QVR reservation. :)

An additional unseen special thing: we were married at 7:21pm, and our reservation is at 7, so it is very close. I might mention it to them when we confirm to see if we can maybe coordinate a toast at that time, if it isn't too much of a pain.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to book the Chef's Table since the closure? I called today and got a recorded message saying they are closed and they are not accepting phone messages at this time. I'm guessing you can only book the main dining room and QVR room online, but no Chef's Table?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!