villa amenities

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
we are booked in a one bedroom villa for the first time after always staying in a studio.
What amenities are different from the studio to one bedroom? Do I need to bring my own dishwasher and laundry detergent or is that supplied? Is there baking sheets and cookware or do I have to bring/buy that? Looking forward to a full kitchen, just trying to figure out what I'll need in addition to my normal shopping list.
Thanks!

we are booked in a one bedroom villa for the first time after always staying in a studio.
What amenities are different from the studio to one bedroom? Do I need to bring my own dishwasher and laundry detergent or is that supplied? Is there baking sheets and cookware or do I have to bring/buy that? Looking forward to a full kitchen, just trying to figure out what I'll need in addition to my normal shopping list.
Thanks!

A studio only has a kitchenette (sink, mini fridge, toaster, coffee maker, & microwave). A 1 bedroom would have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. If you stay in a studio, which I always do, you have to use the laundry on the first floor but you can get free tokens from guest services for the machines each day.

Typically, you receive a starter pack of dishwasher and laundry detergent. However, you can bring your own if you’re partial to a particular brand. Not sure about baking sheets. You may want to call Aulani to see if those are in the rooms. If not, you can probably buy some at the ABC store across the street. Oddly enough, that is where you can get souvenirs, groceries, cooked food to go, and alcohol.

Here’s the amenities list for the 1 bedroom from Aulani’s website:

Kitchen—
Full-size refrigerator
Coffee maker and tea service
Full sink
Toaster
Microwave
Dishwasher
Full set of cabinets
Dinnerware
Glassware
Flatware
Pots and pans
Rice cooker
Stove

I might recommend checking in and going to your room before doing your shopping. We liked doing our shopping on our way to Aulani, but if I were planning to cook meals in the room, I would want to see what all is in there and then go somewhere like Target/Walmart to pick up things you'll need, in addition to your groceries. For example, the villa comes with dishes but depending on how many there are, I'd probably want paper plates too. Stuff like that. We stayed in a studio and did laundry in the communal room, but we brought dryer sheets and Tide pods from home which worked well. I would recommend that or, worst case, they do sell laundry detergent in the communal laundry rooms if you run out of whatever is provided.

We also brought our own Tide pods, dryer sheets, and a small Dawn liquid. (We had 10 days in Hawaii Pryor to our arrival at Aulani, so needed to keep Hydroflasks and Tupperware washed along the way too.). I also never travel without Ziploc bags. I’d recommend sone paper plates, solo cups, and a maybe even a small roll of aluminum foil to keep from washing baking sheets all the time. (We liked Pizza Corner leftovers for lunch!)

Did I mention I don’t pack light, ever?!? LOL

And I didn’t do any real cooking (that’s what I go on vacation FROM), but others have mentioned they usually travel with their own paring knife (in checked baggage of course) for cutting fresh fruit. Everything we bought was already cut up, even at the swap meet (although they had whole fruits as well).

I usually do NOT do laundry on vacation either (again, that’s my main thing to get away from!) but after 10 days we already had a lot of dirty stuff! It was so convenient to toss in a load in the morning, dry it at lunch, and fold it at night. I had everything clean by the time we left—and it was easier to pack.

We really liked the 1BR setup. I call it a tie with the Cars suites at AoA—not quite as good on the bathroom setup, but liked the dedicated dining area. But of course the Aulani scenery wins BIG 😬

When you check in, look around the kitchen for the items you may need, like the cookie sheet which may be in the lower drawer of the oven or above the fridge. Then call housekeeping if something is missing. There should be a list of items on the back of one of the kitchen cabinets of what is available in the unit. You should have everything you need to make a real meal, along with some storage containers. Aluminum foil and all sizes of baggies are very helpful along with spices like salt and pepper.

When we have run out of dishwasher liquid or laundry detergent at WDW, we called and had some brought up, or when near the front desk asked for some there. I am assuming it would be similar at Aulani.

As far as shopping, the hard part is that you need to buy all the basics that you already have at home like oil, salt and pepper, and other spices. I have brought premeasured spices in little containers or zip lock baggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!