Villains After Hours - Solo?

chasingthtdream08

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

I will be in Orlando for a work trip in a couple weeks. I am having trouble finding some local friends that wanna do Villains After Hours at MK with me. It just looks like such a cool event. Would you do it solo? It would really be my first time ever solo, so if I'm being honest it makes me a little nervous.

Hi All!

I will be in Orlando for a work trip in a couple weeks. I am having trouble finding some local friends that wanna do Villains After Hours at MK with me. It just looks like such a cool event. Would you do it solo? It would really be my first time ever solo, so if I'm being honest it makes me a little nervous.
I’m doing it solo August 8th and have done a few solo trips to Disney. They’re great. It’s an easy place to be comfortable in solo and it’s nice to be able to do whatever you’re in the mood for. Go for it!

I did it solo 6.13 and enjoyed it, but I did feel it would have been even more fun with friends. I do solo Disney trips all the time, and that was the first time I felt that way.

I've been strongly thinking about it, but haven't pulled the trigger. Like many, I sometimes wrestle with how much fun I may have solo. Of course, I usually end up having a ton of fun, but that doesn't shake the feeling I sometimes have of "what am I doing here?" Usually when I am waiting in a line. Anyway, I have been eyeing the August 1st one, so if anyone wants to meet up or something, I could be up for that.

I'm also considering the 1st August. Looks like a really fun event and I do love a Disney villain!

I'm also considering the 1st August. Looks like a really fun event and I do love a Disney villain!

It's funny, as I have explored this trip, I am fidning that I'd rather do a 2-day park hopper instead of dedicating to the party. It's less expensive for more park time. I still haven't pulled the trigger on it, but I am leaning away from the event. MK has EMH until midnight the day before, so I'd definitely do that.

I’ve booked the non-Villans DAH for next month. I figured it would help with the heat issue.

I have done DAH at MK solo and really liked it. It's easy to zip around and see all that you want to see.

I have WDW solo a few times for conventions and have enjoyed myself immensely!

So, I did end up booking the trip and am doing the August 1st after-hours event. If anyone wants to hang out let me know.

Last edited:
I've done After Hours AK solo. I am doing Villains with nephew and my sister on August 1, and then regular MK after hours in September. I have no problem going alone, but I am looking forward to Villains with my nephew. We may never get off BTMR or Space Mt. My stomach aches just thinking about it.

I did it in July. Spent the first part of it with a friend and then did some solo time. I enjoy being solo so I can poke around and see things and do things that might not interest others. I'm probably doing MNSSHP solo next month when I go for SWGE AP preview.

10000% do it solo. My last trip was supposed to be solo and was crashed by my family and I was honestly really bummed that I didn't get to DAH solo at DHS. Instead of riding TOT non-stop, I got guilted into doing stuff with them. Kind of sucks when I paid $100 to do this event so I could do whatever I wanted.

So, I did the VAH solo last week and I really enjoyed it. It's not any different than being solo in the parks in general. I even had a few nice conversations. The show is awesome too, so if you are thinking about it, I'd say do it. There's only one more left.

This is the coolest thing and Disney is starting to become the best solo meet up :thanks:

I’ve done Halloween and will be doing Christmas solo this year. I enjoyed getting on some rides quicker than usual, the parade, special food and the different fireworks. As a solo I like it because I would hate to spend the extra money on special tickets for the whole family but for one person it isn’t too bad.

I should also say I’ve enjoyed solo trips a few times due to work conferences and it’s so relaxing to come and go and to do whatever I feel like whether it is just sit and have a drink somewhere, stand in line for rides or to wander off and watch a movie at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!