Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

VGC_zps3bc702c7.jpg~original

These are fabulous, Sparkhill! Thanks especially for that last pic with the room number identifiers!!

These are fabulous, Sparkhill! Thanks especially for that last pic with the room number identifiers!!

Thanks. After I posted, I realized that bigAWL has a link to maps and exterior shots all the way around. Check out the first post in this thread.

Room 4509 - Studio Mariposa Pool View - taken just before Thanksgiving this year and one of the Buena Vista Street Handbell Carolers spreading their cheer:

We recently stayed in villa room 5506 and I got a few more pics to add. The world of color shots aren't great but you can definetely see the show. One of the nights we were there they were testing a bunch of stuff after the park had closed. It was really neat to watch.

Heidi

How do we request a certain room? We are DVC members and will be there in July. We have a 1 bedroom villa booked and would love to have a view like 5506. I think the boys would love it.

We just call the resort about a month out and give them our room requests.

Happy Saturday!! I put in a request for specific 2 bedroom room numbers. But then I was just reading about 2 bedroom lockoff villas vs dedicated villas. We would love to put the kids to bed in the bedroom so we would prefer a dedicated villa. Is there a way to know what rooms are dedicated?

Happy Saturday!! I put in a request for specific 2 bedroom room numbers. But then I was just reading about 2 bedroom lockoff villas vs dedicated villas. We would love to put the kids to bed in the bedroom so we would prefer a dedicated villa. Is there a way to know what rooms are dedicated?

Do you know which type of 2BR villa you booked? The two types are not interchangeable within the system.

If you scroll up to the top of the page, the post by Sparkhill does a great job of showing you which rooms are which.

The Dedicated 2BRs are the largest boxes like 6500, 5506, etc. T
he Lock Offs are shown With a large box for the one bedroom part and the small box for the studio part like 5502/5504 and 5508/5510

Does that make sense?

Do you know which type of 2BR villa you booked? The two types are not interchangeable within the system.

If you scroll up to the top of the page, the post by Sparkhill does a great job of showing you which rooms are which.

The Dedicated 2BRs are the largest boxes like 6500, 5506, etc. T
he Lock Offs are shown With a large box for the one bedroom part and the small box for the studio part like 5502/5504 and 5508/5510

Does that make sense?

That does make sense. Thank you very much for the information! I am going to figure out what we have. Knowing they are not interchangeable is helpful!

Honestly, I think either type would work for you when it comes to putting the kids to bed in the bedroom, though I understand prefering the dedicated 2 BR, which we do, too!

I'm sure you know this, but just in case, the Lock-off is made up of a 1 bedroom with an adjoining studio so the kids' bedroom would have one queen bed and a sofa bed as well as the kitchenette. Still very usable for the kids :)

If you end up in a lock-off, you can secure the door to the hallway from the inside and the kids can't "escape" ;) though with the dedicated you wouldn't have this concern at all.

Honestly, I think either type would work for you when it comes to putting the kids to bed in the bedroom, though I understand prefering the dedicated 2 BR, which we do, too!

I'm sure you know this, but just in case, the Lock-off is made up of a 1 bedroom with an adjoining studio so the kids' bedroom would have one queen bed and a sofa bed as well as the kitchenette. Still very usable for the kids :)

If you end up in a lock-off, you can secure the door to the hallway from the inside and the kids can't "escape" ;) though with the dedicated you wouldn't have this concern at all.

Great info! Thanks!!

If I want to put in a request for the best World of Color View in a 2 Bedroom which rooms should I request?

Thanks for this thread first visit as DVC members will be at GCV we booked at 7 month window and were lucky to get a room .. we are in a studio and this will help with room requests !! :) Only 3 of us on this trip but so excited to go !!

We just call the resort about a month out and give them our room requests.

Is this how it works at DL. Call the hotel? Does it need to be a month in advance? WDW is done within the week just prior to check in and also can be done with online early checkin,so curious how it works for DL. We checkin next Thursday.

Is this how it works at DL. Call the hotel? Does it need to be a month in advance? WDW is done within the week just prior to check in and also can be done with online early checkin,so curious how it works for DL. We checkin next Thursday.

I've always given my requests to MS and they've always seen them at the check-in. It's a small resort though so my luck has been about 50/50 although they have always offered to see if they can better accommodate me and I've usually been offered some options if they weren't able to meet my request.

Can anyone recommend what rooms requests I should put in for a 2-bedroom if I want a PP/WOC view? And in what order? Thank you! Love this awesome thread!

Can anyone recommend what rooms requests I should put in for a 2-bedroom if I want a PP/WOC view? And in what order? Thank you! Love this awesome thread!
I would request a World of Color view from a high floor. That worked for us.

OK, thanks. I thought it was recommended to give specific room #'s?
If I went that route I would make sure to include several room numbers because you have no idea who will be checking out the day you are checking in. If you get too narrow requesting room numbers without giving any explanation why you are requesting them and none of them are available, you could be placed anywhere and there are only 2 units on 4 and 5 and 1 on 6 that fit what you're looking for. With what we requested we got 5506, so that worked great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!