Villas at GF

when is this thing suppose to open?

in the winter of this year - or next year?
IIRC the press release simply said late 2013. I'm thinking they may be behind given that a sales date hasn't been announced.

IIRC the press release simply said late 2013. I'm thinking they may be behind given that a sales date hasn't been announced.

That's what I was thinking when I was there 2 weeks ago. They look like they have a long way to go for it to open in 6 to 9 months.

ry%3D400

That's what I was thinking when I was there 2 weeks ago. They look like they have a long way to go for it to open in 6 to 9 months.

ry%3D400
It will be difficult to do much as a phased component given the design.

It will be difficult to do much as a phased component given the design.

AKV blocked off hallways and floors to phase interior construction, declaration, and sales. The issue with VGF is that it is so small, it may not be worth it.

:earsboy: Bill

AKV blocked off hallways and floors to phase interior construction, declaration, and sales. The issue with VGF is that it is so small, it may not be worth it.

:earsboy: Bill
The construction was also different in that there are essentially separate buildings. They were also linear somewhat away from a central location. I think there are other obstacles to doing it phased compared to AKV but that's not to say it can't be done. They could block off the entire building at a couple of points though.

I think it will be tough getting a reservation at 7 months out at GFV. What do you think?

I've been able to get 7 month reservations at every DVC resort, even ones predicted to be hard - VGC, BLT. Points required will likely be high, which may discourage some people.

I've been able to get 7 month reservations at every DVC resort, even ones predicted to be hard - VGC, BLT. Points required will likely be high, which may discourage some people.

There have been several times over the years that we have not been able to get a room at any DVC property. I definitely agree that it depends on the time of year.

There have been several times over the years that we have not been able to get a room at any DVC property. I definitely agree that it depends on the time of year.

Yes, time of year is a factor but I was trying to say it's not impossible. I just booked BWV boardwalk view studio for Nov 11 to 16 (Mon-Sat), Veterans Day weekend is soldout in all views and it's before 7 months. I wanted to arrive Nov 10 (Sun) so I waitlisted boardwalk view. I was checking the next day and a pool/garden opened up for Sunday so I have that if my waitlist does not come through. I checked again and it's soldout again so I guess I got the last one by luck.

Even if I can,t get a full week at GFV I suppose I could book a few days there and the rest at BLT. I wonder if I could take my luggage on the monorail.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter