Villas at wilderness lodge remodel

Just stayed @ VWL and found the workmanship of the remodel terrible. Things we saw: A hole (approx. 5 inches) to the left of kitchen sink right above the floor. An "unfinished" area (not sure what happened there) to the right of the fridge towards the floor. The fridge isn't up against the wall all the way (a big gap) but if you push back the fridge to where it's supposed to be, you can't open the fridge door. Missing pieces to kitchen sink fixtures. Two small holes in wall near bathroom mirror. Mix-matched bathroom fixtures. They put in chrome fixtures in bathroom but left some of the bronze ones. Looks so bad. Chrome does not go with the theme of VWL and to keep some of the bronze with the new, just terrible. And, as others posted, the paint job in the kitchen. Left all the green inside the cabinets. If it were my house and I hired someone to do this work, they would not get paid. Very disappointed.

May I ask what room number you were in? And one or two bedroom? I plan on calling to find out if this has been addressed before I get there. The more members that complain, perhaps the quicker they'll address it.

If someone can tell me how to post a picture I will post one of my friend laying on the new murphy bed in the studio.
I'd be interested in seeing the size if your friend doesn't mind.

Someone else already replied, but to re-iterate:
Upload your picture to photobucket.com (or similar). After uploading, you'll notice links under the picture. Copy the bottom link, come back to the Disboards and paste the picture link into your post.

Just stayed @ VWL and found the workmanship of the remodel terrible. Things we saw: A hole (approx. 5 inches) to the left of kitchen sink right above the floor. An "unfinished" area (not sure what happened there) to the right of the fridge towards the floor. The fridge isn't up against the wall all the way (a big gap) but if you push back the fridge to where it's supposed to be, you can't open the fridge door. Missing pieces to kitchen sink fixtures. Two small holes in wall near bathroom mirror. Mix-matched bathroom fixtures. They put in chrome fixtures in bathroom but left some of the bronze ones. Looks so bad. Chrome does not go with the theme of VWL and to keep some of the bronze with the new, just terrible. And, as others posted, the paint job in the kitchen. Left all the green inside the cabinets. If it were my house and I hired someone to do this work, they would not get paid. Very disappointed.

I could understand little things here or there, such as a missed patch of paint if painting over the same color. But these should have been caught on inspection. I think they put too much trust in that the work would be done properly and didn't need supervision. Also could have been a contract crew with no personal investment in keeping their job with Disney.

I'm guessing the new fridges are smaller on the outside (hopefully still the same size on interior, GrumpyBa*D reported below that the studios have smaller fridges now with no freezer compartment.) Not much that could be done there other than someone should have measured before okaying the purchase without thought to what to do with the space. Sounds like they simply need something build out behind them so small kids don't crawl back there. My bet is the smaller fridges have to do with saving power.

I just got off the phone with Member Services to put in a request NOT to have room 5532. He asked why I requested not to be in that room and I explained, in detail, why. I am not going to call Member Satisfaction because this was not personal experience. He did say he was going to forward my "feedback" to the appropriate departments, hopefully he will. He also thanked me for my feedback.

We'll see. I just hope the room is in good order. I'm bringing an old friend who is interested in DVC and I don't want to see her turned off by it. :confused3

Haven't received reply from DVC yet. What is the phone number for Member Satisfaction?

The number is on your blue member card or if you sign in it's on their website. It does take them a few business days to get back to you. :) Far as I know we can't post the number here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter