Virgin Atlantic flight time change

Tash87

DIS Veteran
Virgin have changed our return flight time later to 9pm and I'm not sure how I feel about it....

Half of me is thinking great, we have extra time!

BUT the other half of me is thinking noooooo. I know it's going to be super busy (30th October) and on our last day when I know I have to go home I just wanna get home. Plus it will be the first time leaving my pup and I will be too excited to see him :rolleyes:pug:

Virgin have said on the notice that if we have an issue with the new later time to call them.

Do you know if they would charge us to move to the earlier flight?

Also looking for other opinions as what to do :guilty:

Is the earlier flight at 18.30pm? I don't mind which flight we use for the return leg as each has advantages and disadvantages. I'd probably stick with the later flight, have a leisurely lunch or a last few hours in a park before a return to the airport. I could imagine that the earlier flight will be full as it's around the school half term holidays.

I’d stick with the later flight too. You could take advantage of Virgin bag drop at Disney Springs and enjoy your last afternoon. The earlier flight is usually full, I’ve flown back on the later flight numerous times in October and it’s been an empty flight, so you get a row of seats to yourself, still not as comfy as upper Class, but you can stretch out.

Hmm thanks guys :)

The earlier flight is 6:30 / 7pm ish.

We have virgin bag drop included in our package so fully intend on using it either way.

Would stick with later flight too - we like to have a relaxed last day then to the airport in plenty of time to queue for security, then we have a proper meal at Outback Steakhouse before boarding.

I’m the opposite to everyone else... once it’s my last day I just want to get home and see the dogs... doesn’t help that I know we have a three hour drive once we’ve landed. So I’d take the early option!

I have to admit although the majority of you would take the later flight, I'm swaying towards changing to the earlier flight the more I think about it. The earlier flight we will be home before lunch and the later flight in the afternoon.

We too have a 3 hour drive home in the UK and my children go back to school the following day so I think they will need the extra time at home.

Just contacted Virgin and their earlier flight is not operating.

At least the option has been taken away from me :laughing: I'm soo indecisive :confused:

I'd rather the later flight, more likely to sleep, then more likely to have a safer drive home. You'd hit M25 Rush Hour on the earlier flight any way.

I've landed at 6am then driven from Manchester to Essex a few times, it's not nice!!

At least you have no choice now!!!

We usually never sleep on the plane :sad1: On return we are usually awake for 24+hours as we don't sleep when we get home either.

I am glad I have no option :)

Blimey! I don't always sleep for long. On Saturday night I slept for about 6 hours :D

I think Virgin have been cancelling a few flights. We're flying in September and I've managed to book PE on to the 11.45 flight from Gatwick which already sold out in economy. There's normally also a flight at 1ish which was available when the flights first went on sale but now isn't in operation so I'm assuming everyone from that flight has been moved on to the earlier one

I think Virgin have been cancelling a few flights. We're flying in September and I've managed to book PE on to the 11.45 flight from Gatwick which already sold out in economy. There's normally also a flight at 1ish which was available when the flights first went on sale but now isn't in operation so I'm assuming everyone from that flight has been moved on to the earlier one
They’ve been doing that for years. Happens a lot in Sept and Jan

Could be worse. Virgin have cancelled our return flight (direct) completely. Offered me an indirect flight same date with no price reduction or a direct flight a day earlier. I’ve gone for a day earlier, changed our outbound to a day earlier, rebooked our Disney Hotel, dining and tickets and redone all the ADRs. Had pre paid seat exactly where we wanted and now have pre booked seats in awful places. I’d happily swap for a flight time change of a few hours. We actually had that last trip and I was cross as we lost park time. It is all a pain!!!

Could be worse. Virgin have cancelled our return flight (direct) completely. Offered me an indirect flight same date with no price reduction or a direct flight a day earlier. I’ve gone for a day earlier, changed our outbound to a day earlier, rebooked our Disney Hotel, dining and tickets and redone all the ADRs. Had pre paid seat exactly where we wanted and now have pre booked seats in awful places. I’d happily swap for a flight time change of a few hours. We actually had that last trip and I was cross as we lost park time. It is all a pain!!!
Oh no, that's terrible! How far in advance did they change/cancel the flight?

I would happily be changed onto the earlier flight on the way. We are on the 1:15pm flight.

Oh no, that's terrible! How far in advance did they change/cancel the flight?

We don’t fly until July. The mess it made with having to rebook loads of ADRs was a pain and I’m majorly irritated at having paid for seats ASAP to end up with awful ones pains me as well. But I’m a move on kind of girl really. I did however laugh out loud and worked myself up to sarcasm when they offered an indirect flight with an impossible 40 minute transfer time for the same money

What are they playing at? Ive not been hearing great reports on VA lately :mad:

The adr situ would really nark me off, what if you couldn't get a really important/popular one again like Chef Mickey's ( obvs for my children ) BOG etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter