Virgin Atlantic - RESULT!!

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I've just returned from our holiday in Jersey and in the post was a letter from Virgin Atlantic telling me the good news that there will be captioned films available for my flight in December. :D

After many months of emails and 'phone calls it is great news to know that I have got a result at last, and I'd just like to thank everyone who has posted in the past giving me help, advice and support and also to thanks those folk who emailed Virgin Atlantic many moons ago to state their disgust at the withdrawal of the service, I'm sure it all helped!

So I can at last look forward to the flight and won't have to sit there twiddling my thumbs!

I'm one Happy Bunny. :D

Well mazzy I'll toast to that result!!!!!

Looks like the months have been worth it, im gonna be in even more need of the captions now, we were told 2 weeks ago, that my husband is going to loose his hearing, a very big shock i can tell you, it is going downhill very quickly day by day.

Well done.

Jules

Mazzy and Jules - now you can REALLY look forward to enjoying ALL of your holidays:D :D :D

Well done, Mazzy, for persvering.

Sorry to hear about your DH Jules.

Great result Mazzy.

Jules, really sorry to hear about your husband - let's hope it is not as bad as they think.

Jules - so sorry to hear about your DH, what an awful shock for your all. I have sent an email to you.

Just to update, I received another letter this morning, this time from Virgin HOLIDAYS Special Needs Dept, and they have confirmed the DVD, but also stated it is on a request basis only and not guaranteed, so if anyone else needs the DVDs with captioned films it sounds as though you MUST put in a request, either with Virgin Atlantic Special Needs (if you have booked flight only) or with Virgin Holidays Special Needs if you have booked a package with them.

Sorry to hear about your DH Jules. :(

Mazzy - do you think you can work your magic and get virgin to keep showing spiderman in sept when i travel please as i've not watched it yet !! ;)

Neil - I'm good, but not that good! ;)

Spiderman is a sore point with me, as I haven't seen it either and will have to wait until it comes out on video. The reason for this is that it was released in Digital format and only a few cinemas in this country (none of which are in the North West) have the equipment to enable to subtitles to show up. I am also disappointed about Men in Black II as I've just found out this week that that will be in digital format too, so that's another one I won't be able to go and see at the cinema. It's just not the same watching them on video is it?

We are going to see Scooby Doo next week, which is not digital format, so we can see it in Manchester with subtitles, but I would have much preferred to see MIBII and Spiderman!

Oh, for a Perfect World! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter