Virgin Flights Next June/July

jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
So I'm just waiting on the flights to include my return date on the 7th August but when I've done a dummy booking on dates from the 23rd June to the 5th July etc it's coming up with £2000ish for 2 adults! Is it really that much this time of year for Direct or are they likely to go down? Usually fly in September end of August and haven't been since 2015 to Orlando.

Thomas Cook flights are around £800 cheaper and may look at Aer Lingus too it's flying from Manchester ideally but may consider Gatwick too especially as Norwegian looks like a good and cheap option.

have a look at virgin fly-drive if you time it right, so when your return flight is fully released for sale, you can get a great price, we paid £1700ish for two adults and infant (on lap) in premium economy :)

Will have a look at flydrive see what difference that makes. Will see properly once the flights get completely released. Usually don't go for flydrive as we don't like driving once there and use Disney transport but don't mind if it will make it the cheaper option.

Wow just had a look at fly drive prices on Virgin and got a quote of £1322 may use that as car would still be handy to get to Kennedy and over to Universal/I Drive.

May I bump in and ask where you quote for a "flydrive" as apposed to a regular flight - you do mean on the Virgin Holidays website rather than Virgin Atlantic - this is a significant saving here!!

Yes I on virgin holidays website.

If you look around it's fairly common practise to not collect the car ;)

Hi JackieLeanne, my advice to you is keep looking, I started in feb looking for flights this august I checked every morning and evening fares started at around £800 managed to get them down to £482.00 also my eldest had decided to come away with me about three weeks ago and bearing in mind we are going in just over two weeks from now, I checked the flights they seemed to be stagnant at a high price, so today when I checked first thing they were at £850 by lunchtime managed to get her on a flight for £509 return so be patient keep checking two or three times a day and you will more than likely find a bargain. other things to bear in mind with the scheduled flights includes a hold luggage each and meals and drinks. charter charge for everything extra than the seat so just bear that in mind when looking at cost, hope that helps. In regards to the flydrive option bear in mind if going to universal I think its $20 dollars a day to park there not sure about kennedy space centre parking. Hope this helps and good luck

Hi everyone thanks for the reply. Yes looked again today now our flight has released and it's still showing the same. Will most definitely keep looking as £1100 each for two adults is crazy money.

Flydrive is an option but yes we are staying hard rock a few nights and so will have to factor in the fee. Will keep looking as Thomas Cook and Thompson are cheaper plus aer lingus still to release. Norwegian are £1100 cheaper than virgin for the total so if it comes to it will travel down to Gatwick.

Also try putting the same details into deltas site (its the same plane and flight & your miles count - but it can be a totally different price at times if you time it correctly) - Using this technique and a ;ittle patience our next trip is £375

Last edited:
Virgin from Manchester are sky high. Many people quoting deals are often flying from Gatwick/ Heathrow. From Manchester you can get cheaper options. Indirect with AA or United or Aer Lingus. I'm regularly in Dublin and the airport and pre clearance are good, but it's about a 5- 6 hour wait at Dublin coming back- not ideal in the morning. I'd want a hefty discount for the inconvenience but prices are higher than Thomas Cook for end of July 2018 currently.
Thomas Cook are mostly the cheapest direct flights from Manchester.
Manchester needs a lot more competition.
If you want a direct flight, you probably will not get much cheaper than TCs current price I'm afraid, and next summer I'm not convinced you'd get a much cheaper deal indirect- maybe £100 or so a person if you're lucky.
I have the same quandaies every year and for the last 3 have booked TC. They are pretty good and the return flight gets in very early which is a boon.

Last edited:
We thought fly drive was a great option with Virgin especially the car hire but the insurance is ridiculously high for 21 days was around 600

Oops my reply took incredibly long to come out. I actually looked the day after they had been released and found them with virgin for a lot cheaper. So booked us in Personal Economy and used some of my miles to get a bigger discount. Worked out at £800 return each for PE am happy with that for the time of year. Now im stopping myself from looking.

Use Thomas cook....seriously they kick all their butts and I've used them all I think now. I'm only virgin next year because I got a blinding package deal thomas cook couldn't match

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts