Virgin PE and Free Flights

LynetteB

Mouseketeer
We have upgraded our flights with virgin to PE. When I rang to sort our seats etc, they informed me I was entitled to free flights (to anywhere) between 1st September and 12th December. Apparently, if you travel PE with virgin between 1st June and 1st September (check those dates, I'm not 100%), you get a free economy flight (you just pay tax). Alternatively, if you are a member of virgins flying club, you can buy one PE flight and get another one free. Virgin have all the details on their website, but its down at the moment.

I thought this may be useful for someone.

Lynette

Did you book a flight only thro Virgin or was it a flydrive thro Virgin Holidays

Thanks

David:)

Flight only through a travel agent (not directly with virgin). Provided you travel PE between 15 april and 8 september, you can book a reward economy flight on your return. This flight has to be taken between 9 September and 12 December.

I presume you give them details of you PE flight upon return, they check it in their system and then book you flights.

The assistant in flying club advised me to ring to book my rewards flights as soon as I return in August.

Thanks very much - wonder if you get the same with an upgrade with Virgin Hols ?

David:confused:

Have you got a contact number I could ring please.
The BOGOF PE upgrade offer is appealing
Hoping u can help
PaulC

I had all the information from Virgins Flying club on 01293 538 888
Hope this helps

Thanks for th quick reply. I was just about to log off
I'll be "on the dog" first thing in teh morning
paulc

MickeyMcMouse,
I was thinking the same as we have upgraded on our Virgin Hols in June. Will give them a bell tomorrow and find out. If I get an answer I will post it here, although not very hopeful that it will apply!
Claire :confused:

I booked my economy seats through a travel agent. I rang them tonight to ask if upgrading was possible. I was told I would have to cancel my ticket and rebook PE seats (losing all money paid on the economy tickets).

:(

I know that it is not uncommon for people to upgrade their tickets (Economy to PE or UC) at the airport: Economy to PE is approximately £199 per person each way. You should go to the ticket counter amd ask them what it would cost you to upgrade (I believe that flashing a Flying Club card may help, but is not necessary).

Not sure whether this would count towards the promotion and , of course, you are not garaunteed an uppgrade: they can only upgrade you, if space is available, on the same day as your flight.

If your TA says no, then it is still worth giving Virgin a ring (especially if you belong to their frequent flyer programme) - they may be able to advise you on how you can upgrade and whether or not your upgrade would qualify for any special offers.

I love TAs, they are so helpful (if they had to change your flights/hotel for some reason, you would just be stuck with it...)!

Good luck,
Boo

If you read it carefully, it says that once you have had your PE flight you can take a friend free on your NEXT PE flight. So it would not be possible to book 2 PE flights for the price of one now. :(

MickeyMcMouse,
Rang Virgin Hols and the offer only applies to direct bookings with Virgin Atlantic! Never mind still looking forward to the extra legroom.
Claire :)

NI Jonny,

I would give Virgin a ring about upgrading if I were you. We booked out economy flights with a travel agent. The tickets were the strictest possible - we paid in full when we booked, no changes or cancellations to the tickets. I rang virgin to see about an upgrade- they said definitely possible , but the TA would have to ring them to sort out the price. What you will pay is the difference between the cost of your flights and the new PE cost. I rang (or rather my husband) the TA and told them what virgin had said. They sorted it out from there. We were booked with Travelcare.

By the way, there is no way that virgin will turn down more money from you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter