Visiting Hawaii as things in North Korea heat up

Interestingly, I never hear actual Hawaii residents who are worried about this. Every time I read/hear someone who's scared, it's potential visitors. I'm way more likely to hear residents worry about the high cost of living or the homeless crisis.

My son was studying in South Korea a year ago, I was there years ago too, Pajama Man or his dad were always sabre rattling. I say buy trip insurance and go for it.

Very sad indeed. Unfortunately this world is filled with all kinds of crazy people who want to harm others for no good reason. We can't live in fear, but can be cautious. We have a trip planned for the end of January and are super excited to go.

I actually have a friend that lives in Hawaii with her family and she did post on FB about the nuclear sirens starting up again and was a little concerned.

I'm going to keep an eye on things and take a look into travel insurance that would cover something like this. Although I have to believe companies would be lenient even without insurance if there was an attack.

*shrug* You could spend the rest of your life under a dark blanket of toxic stress, looking at your watch and searching the sky for ICBM's... or you could get on with your life and the adventure of living it.

Really no different than all the other nuclear conflicts, especially for those who remember the Cold War... ;)

Saw on the news a couple days ago that North Korea successfully tested a missile that can reach the continental United States. We aren't really "safe" anywhere. So yeah, *shrug*, *sigh*, and go on.

Saw on the news a couple days ago that North Korea successfully tested a missile that can reach the continental United States. We aren't really "safe" anywhere. So yeah, *shrug*, *sigh*, and go on.

True. But if one were to launch towards the mainland we would have a lot more time to find shelter than in Hawaii, where they would only have 20 minutes.

True. But if one were to launch towards the mainland we would have a lot more time to find shelter than in Hawaii, where they would only have 20 minutes.

Estimated time to New York would be 40 minutes....
http://www.businessinsider.com/north-korean-nuclear-strike-united-states-arrival-times-2017-8

I live near San Francisco, so I supposed I might have 30 minutes. But really, I don't know of any fall out shelters I could go to. The emergency plan is to go inside and stay there for 14 days.... 20 vs 30 min to do that...I don't see much difference.

*Shrug* and *sigh*.

I'm more worried about flying to Japan or Asia this summer. Those missiles fall off the sky right around there....

I will just launch this here and walk away: ;) ;) ;)

Now, instead of practicing for the bomb, my six year old practices at school for shooter lockdowns. THAT possibility scares me far more than the slimmer possibility of nuclear war.

But as far as Hawaii goes, if NK can reach the mainland they will. Why hit Hawaii when you can reach L.A. or even further east?

there was a game called batman knight or one of the batman games! and there was a gas called fear gas unleashed by scarecrow.And everyone left the city. The main idea of the game was do not live in fear . Living in for makes you make bad decisions. Understand the risks and live your life. You do things that you really shouldn't even if you think its good to escape the fear . Makes your life worse. Is there a point of making your life worse?

Not concerned about this at all. We just got back from a trip to Japan and China in October and didn't let the crisis music stop us from going there.

We are at Aulani now. On Friday, as we were visiting Sea Life Park the sirens went off. It was a bit eerie, and the potential for something happening is definitely on our minds. But as we live on the West Coast, Its something we've thought of anyways. It doesn't stop me from enjoying this trip, or planning others.

for now only south korea and china should be concerned over being hit by north korea weapons. south korea by artillery thats been around for decades, and china by the inevitable “ooops that missile was supposed to go the other way” event.

only things to really watch out for for your trip would be jelly fish (lunar cycle, can easily be found online, and signs are posted super early in the morning on affected beaches), and maybe king tides...the 3 ft increase in high tide came close to causing some flooding in waikiki.

If there really is going to be a nuclear war none of us are safe anywhere.

I don't see it happening it's all show. There are no winners in a nuclear war

I actually have a friend that lives in Hawaii with her family and she did post on FB about the nuclear sirens starting up again and was a little concerned.

I'm going to keep an eye on things and take a look into travel insurance that would cover something like this. Although I have to believe companies would be lenient even without insurance if there was an attack.

We are at Aulani now. On Friday, as we were visiting Sea Life Park the sirens went off. It was a bit eerie, and the potential for something happening is definitely on our minds. But as we live on the West Coast, Its something we've thought of anyways. It doesn't stop me from enjoying this trip, or planning others.

The sirens you and other heard aren't for nuclear attacks, but for Tsunami warnings. They test them on the 1st of every month on the beach. Me and my friends used to calm the tourists whenever we were on at the beach because everyone freaks out when it happens.

We have defenses against intercontinental ballistic missiles, but have never had to use them yet (and hopefully never will). You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!