Visiting parks with non-english speakers

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We are taking my in-laws with us this August. Neither of them speak english. I was wondering if anyone know if the parks offer some kind of headphones that they can carry around that will translate some of the show/attactions into english? I know this is far fetched, but thought I would ask.

Thanks

I haven't heard anything about this since it was announced last year, but WDW was beginning to use personal translator units for some rides/attractions. They were small Palm-pilot type devices with headphones that would translate the audio in certain attractions. The languages offered were Spanish, French and German. They also have guidemaps in Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and Japanese. These are availbale from Guest Services. There was a deposit required for use of the personal translators.

Cast Member Language Assistance -- In the Magic Kingdom,
Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom and all
Disney resorts, cast members who speak a foreign language wear a
gold badge with a flag from that country.

Personal Translator Units -- At Epcot, personal translator units
are available for international guests. The PTU's translate shows at
several of the attractions into French, German or Spanish.
Attractions include: "The Circle of Life" at The Land, Universe of
Energy, "Wonders of China," "Impressions de France" and "O
Canada."
I found this info here.

I too know that they have the map/show schedules in lots of different languages at the entrace to the parks. I asked my brother in law to bring me copies of the newest flyers home from their Nov. trip. He did ,but brought them in different languages. He thought it was cute. He did bring me some english ones too.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter