vistana resort

kevind65

DIS Veteran
My family and I are going to WDW for 14 days!!! We can't wait. We decided to stay at Vistana Resort this year since DD is bringing a friend. This way the girls can have their own room & bathroom. My wife has MS so we want to request the area closest to the main pool and restaurants. I have a map of the resort, but it is hard to make heads or tails out of it. There are so many pool and lake areas, we can't tell what is what. It looks like the Cascades area is the main area, but I'm not sure. Could anyone help us? This will be the first time that we have not stayed on Disney property. I hope we are choosing wisely. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!:confused:

Hope I can help you out a little. We stayed at the vistana may 2000. We requested the cascades(I was told this was the newest phase). There was still construction going on in the area. I think that wherever you stay you probably will have to get in your car and drive. We stayed as I said at the cascade and did need the car. The pool was right around the back but difficult to get to by foot. The parking wasn't great by the pool, but what are you going to do.
We are going back in Aug for 4 nights then switching to asmu. The resort is beautiful the pools were great. I do not want to disappoint you about the driving/pool problem, it wasn't bad. Have a great time!!!

Vistana Resort is really spread out. Some areas of the Cascades section are close to the General store/Pizza hut/pool-rec area and others are not. I would suggest you call the resort and request what you need or go to their web site and do the diamond check in service and request there. There are also other sections of the resort which have their own pool area and the Spas section(older) has the Zimmies restaurant along with the super pool and a rec area. I believe the Cascades have elevators and most of the other sections don't. Check with them on that too.

Hey Kevin, my family is going to Vistana too!! Mar 3-10th.

First of all, if you haven't stayed at a Vistana resort, or one like it, they are very nice. If vacations didn't have to end, I wouldn't go home!

I'd like to add a question though. Vistana is pretty darn close to Downtown Disney. Is it actually within walking distance? I've talked to a couple reps there and have gotten different answers. Just hoping someone else has stayed there and knows.

Jason

Sorry Kev. I thought you said you were going IN 14 days, not FOR 14 days!

Jason

treesinger, I don't think you'll want to walk because of the traffic, but, i think it is close enough to walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter