vmk hope is gone now!

i still cant find a reason y they would close such an awesome game down i miss it

I am thinking the SAME thing! They claim that it was part of an advertising thing but the money they could make from the in-park quests and even that trading card game is unfathomable! There MUST be another reason for shutting it down... I have also heard the rumor that the people who created and maintained the game unexpectedly quit so there was nothing Disney could do but to close it. However, why not just hire someone else to run it? If they would just tell us what REALLY happened than maybe we could be more understanding... MAYBE!

Guys, the VMK website was dead anyhow. This just gives us more momentum to push harder. We must NOT lose hope! Remember, you can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it.

Guys, the VMK website was dead anyhow. This just gives us more momentum to push harder. We must NOT lose hope! Remember, you can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it.

Im glad someone besides tink and I... and mickey (sorry if I didn't put your title, its kinda late for me and I cant think of it right now) care and hope about vmk reopening! Thanks :)

Im glad someone besides tink and I... and mickey (sorry if I didn't put your title, its kinda late for me and I cant think of it right now) care and hope about vmk reopening! Thanks :)

it's ok :) my frined wants it to reopen (bestdarkfairy) but she's not one of the ones who is fighting for it

I think once the economy comes back, there IS a chance for it. We just have to keep sending in letters and e-mails, and be patient, there could be a chance. I'm not saying it will, but we still have hope.

Yes, I think I might just write them letters and copy them, or type up a bunch and just say they are from different people and send them to Disney. Tink, I wish you had a day off so we could do that! I'll have to send you a couple of copies for you to mail lol.

unfortunately disney is a multi billion dollar company. I loved VMK just as much as everyone else....but unfortunately, people complaining isn't going to help probably. Because as much as I love all things Disney, they are still a company. and they are making money off of everything else they have lol. oh well. i guess we can still hope. but....

Hey you know how sometimes disney asks us to vote for them for something/specific event over TV. well when that time comes. maybe some people wont vote disney,and they will know why, over their bad mistake to close vmk.So maybe they will get around themselves and reopen vmk.

Long Live VMK! And I Know there is a chance for it to open! Hoping for the best! :thumbsup2

Great, I'm not the only one who want's VMK back still, so badly:-) I think if we all just take action, and actually try, VMK can re-open. And Disney still has VMK's data files.....all 4000 of them..Why are they still there? Wouldn't they use for another games server or something like that...? I'd like to know the answer to that. I just feel like pointing this out, but that whole "VMK Unleashed" thing was just down right mean. It wasn't going to happen and they probably knew that, and they actually got alot of people's hopes up and than what..the site went down. No more fooling around about VMK coming back. But I think RIGHT NOW, 2010 Oct. is our last chance, or atleast the year of 2010, emails, lots of them have already been sent to Disney and Playdom. I'm just hoping for the best, and praying. "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney. We DREAM of VMK coming back, so we CAN do it. I'm sure Old Walts on our side with this!

I was looking at an old MK map the other day and noticed the old VMK Central spot listed on it. :(

I'd still play it (and even pay for it!) if they ever brought it back! :surfweb:

They should put it up on FB. They could get more players and make some money with the FB points thing. Shouldn't be too hard to change.

They should put it up on FB. They could get more players and make some money with the FB points thing. Shouldn't be too hard to change.

I've never warmed up to facebook... I know basically everyone goes on there, but I just couldn't imagine putting vmk on it. I don't think Disney would agree to partner with them, but of course that's just my opinion.

Well, given that Disney now owns Playdom, they've already instituted disney items into their Facebook game, Social City. You can "purchase" 8 different theme rides, and Cinderella's Castle (with fireworks) as well. A disney only game on FB might not be that far off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts