VMK Virtual Magic Kingdom

Morveryn

Mumketeer
~Ok I know this is the DLP board but I was browsing the other DIS forums & I came across this one THIS ONE (click) a few days ago & I have been addicted ever since!Its lots of fun with plenty of Dis-ers to meet & games to play. :flower:

You wouldn't like to explain it in words of one syllable would you please Morveryn? It all looks very confusing to me!!!

LOL Ok sorry -I should have posted a bit of an explanation, silly me! :crazy:

VMK -Virtual Magic Kingdom is a virtual world/online game based around, er..Magic Kingdom. Its completely free to join & play. You get to customise your own avatar, a little person to represent you in VMK & you can chat & meet others from around the world. There are also fun games to play & quests to go on. I'm currently trying to find all the hidden Mickey faces! :teeth: You can also have your own room.
In addition you can also earn credits for playing games & quests & use them to purchase clothing for your avatar, furniture (for your room), pins, posters & more. Pin collecting is almost as much fun as the real world with certain special VMK pins being magical & enabling you to cast a fun spell.

Its also possible to play VMK at Disneyland California & Magic Kingdom Florida. You can print off special VMK quests to play & complete in the parks & you can get special VMK items for doing this. If you create a character in one of these parks it will have a special 'born in park' badge & some Mickey ears.

The only problem I have found is the word censor. This game is for ages 8 & up & its Disney so it is great that they have put a censor in the game but it seems to block many innocent (or what I consider to be innocent) words. I tried to begin a conversation by saying, "Hi, I'm from the UK", & it wouldn't let me use UK. Nor could I use England, Britain, or GB. It also blocked 'folks' (as in 'Hi, folks')I gave up in the end & just said, "Hi, how are you"!
I could probably spend my time in a better way but during a heavy rainstorm I found this beat dusting hands down. ;)

Hi Morveryn, I know what you mean about the addiction factor of the VMK! I have been on pretty much since it started and it is very good.

The censoring can be a bit restrictive for conversations though! You find yourself forgetting every bit of English you were ever taught! The best way to say England is "in land" or "I am from your rope"! You have to be careful about giving out too much information though. As the site is designed to be child friendly, they do not like you giving out too much personal information or asking for information for obvious reasons.

The VMK is great fun and is continually evolving, and once you get your head around the restricted dictionary you can have half decent chats with people!

I am "DLRPFan" if you see me say hi. :wave2:

Morveryn said:
I could probably spend my time in a better way but during a heavy rainstorm I found this beat dusting hands down. ;)
But what doesn't??? ;)

So which of you two (Morveryn & Russ) is 8 years old??? :rotfl2:

RussUK said:
I think by end of the day my mind is mushed enough to have the mental age of 8!! :crazy:

You're obviously closely in touch with your inner child!!! But that's what's so great about Disney - we can all act like children again!!! ;)

diberry said:
You're obviously closely in touch with your inner child!!! But that's what's so great about Disney - we can all act like children again!!! ;)

Absolutely! As the late great Walt said "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

A man who really knew what he was talking about.

diberry said:
But what doesn't??? ;)

So which of you two (Morveryn & Russ) is 8 years old??? :rotfl2:
Um...er.... :rotfl:
Well it says 'from' 8 but all ages are welcome. I was chatting with a group of people last night and they were all in the 35-45 age group! I think perhaps people signed up their children & then realised that VMK was way too much fun just for them ;) .
Kira (DD) has been watching me wander around VMK & is fascinated by it, she likes to point out places she recognises like the Castle & Monorail.

RussUK said:
The censoring can be a bit restrictive for conversations though! You find yourself forgetting every bit of English you were ever taught! The best way to say England is "in land" or "I am from your rope"! You have to be careful about giving out too much information though. As the site is designed to be child friendly, they do not like you giving out too much personal information or asking for information for obvious reasons.

The VMK is great fun and is continually evolving, and once you get your head around the restricted dictionary you can have half decent chats with people!

I am "DLRPFan" if you see me say hi. :wave2:

Hmm... some good tips there! I'm always very careful about not giving out too much info but thank you for mentioning this as it is especially important for children.
My VMK name is morveryn (same as here :) ), if I see you I will say 'Hi!' :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter