VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I have a couple questions. Can we use our room key to make charges like we can at IOA and Universal Studios? And can we bring in a bag like we do at the IOA and Universal Studios with drinks?

I have a couple questions. Can we use our room key to make charges like we can at IOA and Universal Studios? And can we bring in a bag like we do at the IOA and Universal Studios with drinks?

Not sure about using the room key, but you can definitely bring in a bag with drinks and snacks. Like the parks though, no glass bottles and you cannot over do it. You could set up your Tapu Tapu to charge to a credit card by downloading the Universal app and (1) Add your park tickets to the Wallet feature and (2) Add a credit card and assign a pin to be used for purchases.

Having those park tickets in the wallet feature also saved me, when I had somehow forgot one of the tickets back in the hotel room, I was able to pull up the ticket on the App and they just scanned the ticket from there.

Question, I am sorry if this was covered, but I did skim thru some pages and didn't see anything.

Is there a place in the park, where one could shower and get cleaned up after a day at Volcano Bay? The reason I ask, is we are staying over at Disney and I was thinking of doing Volcano Bay before heading over to Universal for HHN. It's not me I am worried about but more my wife, as I am sure she would want to wash up etc after a day in the sun and waterpark. Just trying to avoid back and forth with Uber. Thanks

Question, I am sorry if this was covered, but I did skim thru some pages and didn't see anything.

Is there a place in the park, where one could shower and get cleaned up after a day at Volcano Bay? The reason I ask, is we are staying over at Disney and I was thinking of doing Volcano Bay before heading over to Universal for HHN. It's not me I am worried about but more my wife, as I am sure she would want to wash up etc after a day in the sun and waterpark. Just trying to avoid back and forth with Uber. Thanks

All of the restrooms seem to have showers. At least all of the bathrooms that I used, particularly the ones with lockers.

All of the restrooms seem to have showers. At least all of the bathrooms that I used, particularly the ones with lockers.

Soniam, just wanted to thank you for all the helpful information you post on this thread.

Your knowledge and advice has really been invaluable, especially as most of us haven't been there yet.

It's very much appreciated :)

Soniam, just wanted to thank you for all the helpful information you post on this thread.

Your knowledge and advice has really been invaluable, especially as most of us haven't been there yet.

It's very much appreciated :)

Glad I could be of help. Things change so fast there though. I know from our opening weekend trip to our visit on July 28th, that things had changed and actually improved. Thanks to all of you, especially you and @macraven, for providing info and keeping this forum organized.

Thank you, one last question. Now with me being a man, and having no knowledge of this, so forgive me. LOL. The shower locker combo, is there a place to use a hair dryer etc, and to do the normal womanly after shower things. Or would this be out of the norm? I just know these will be the questions my wife will ask me. Thanks again...

Thank you, one last question. Now with me being a man, and having no knowledge of this, so forgive me. LOL. The shower locker combo, is there a place to use a hair dryer etc, and to do the normal womanly after shower things. Or would this be out of the norm? I just know these will be the questions my wife will ask me. Thanks again...

They don't provide hair dryers. I don't remember if there were electrical outlets or not. It seems very possible. They do have hand dryers, and I saw some people "trying" to use those to dry their hair.

Also want to add my thanks to Soniam for this thread. Without all the information that I gathered in this thread, I would have come into the park unprepared and not had the great experience that we were able to have.

Visited on Tuesday, August 29th. Arrived at 7:40am for Early Hours for Universal Hotel guest and the line was already about 20 deep at the turnstiles. Around 7:50am, they started letting people in.

Between 8:00am - 10:00am, we rode every slide in the park except for Ko'okiri (the body plunge from the front of the Volcano). I followed the order that was suggested a few pages back. Crowd seemed to be pretty low and everything stayed Ride Now for the 1st hour. But Oh'No and Oh'Yah around 9am, changed to 20 - 30 minute waits. At 10:30 am, we slowed our pace and had an early lunch since we could walk up and order, then tapped in for a 30 minute wait for another turn on Krakatau Aqua Coaster while we braved the float on the turbulent river.

My DD lost her Tapu Tapu on the turbulent river (I cannot recommend enough the Fastener Rings for the bands, from Amazon, we also used these for our Disney Magic bands ). Here is the link to the set we purchased: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OMUF202/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_O40QzbKBFVBG3

The reason, I think my DD still lost her Tapu Tapu, was that we were rushing and hadn't secured it good enough on her wrist even with the band and that river was really turbulent. But we walked over to a concierge booth in the back of the park and since I had linked her ticket with my ticket, when I added a credit card on the Universal Wallet, I just had to tap and they were able to locate her information and issue a new band (no walking back to a locker to retrieve her ticket).

By 12pm, we had rode everything (except the big plunge) and had re-done some of our favorites. By now the park was getting significantly more crowded and all the slides had wait times except for the 4 - tube slide in the back of the park with float for 2-riders (not remembering the name of it). So we left the park.

One of the things that I was prepared for based on early feedback was lack of signs/maps to tell you where to go, but that seems to have been corrected. I found a lot of signage directing you to the various slides and well placed map stations throughout the park. When we were lost and asked a team member, everyone gave good directions.

We came back on Thursday, the 31st. Got there at 8:10am and re-did some of our favorites. Again Oh'yah and Oh'no were the 1st slides that I saw change from Ride Now to having to tap in. The Aqua Coaster even with Ride Now, was also a bit of wait and quickly changed to having to tap in. By 9am, the park was more busy than that Tuesday but still not huge waits. The kids still refused to do the Ko'okiri body plunge but I decided to do it. It was awesome, though quite the climb to get there.

Hope this mini write up helps! Again, we had an awesome time there and it wouldn't have happened without the knowledge I got through this thread with a game plan of attack.

Last edited:
You can post the link for the fastner ring

Anything to help others I'm all good with you helping

Enjoyed your report !

You can post the link for the fastner ring

Anything to help others I'm all good with you helping

Enjoyed your report !

I can't tell you how many of those bands I collected from the not-so-lazy river. My hands actually got too full; I just couldn't hold anymore. I felt really when I was able to return someone's band. The others I had to just give to team members or guest services.

Hi All - I promised to write more when we returned from Orlando - well here it goes!... PS: Wrote a similar review on Trip Adviser so if my review sounds familiar, that's why... :)

Volcano Bay Exceeds Expectations – Leapfrogs Competitors’ Parks

We just came back from 12 days in Orlando. Eight days at WDW and four days at Universal – we’re annual pass holders at both and love both experiences very much. The intention of the Universal portion of this trip was to sample Volcano Bay (“VB”) a bit and spend most of our time at the other Universal Parks. We ended up spending way more time in VB than we thought we would.

In our humble opinions, Volcano Bay is a water park game changer. We think this park significantly leapfrogs the competitors’ parks. It is dramatically more exciting with far more to do than the other parks. There are both thrilling and relaxing options for pretty much everyone. Also, the rides themselves are dramatically longer and better. We loved VB and want to go back – now! :) We understand that there is some frustration with the ride lines but we did not experience this and we didn’t have premium seating, express pass, a cabana or any other special treatment. We just were regular folks (although we were staying on-site but we didn't use the early entry option) and had an amazing time at VB!

We ended up spending a good part of three different days there. As I previously mentioned, with the time change we have from the west coast of the US, early morning was not going to work for us. So, we took the opposite strategy, we entered the parks later in the day and loved using the tapu tapu to help navigate the park. We found that going to VB in the late afternoon worked well for us in managing line times.

If you are staying on-site at Universal, we would encourage you to purchase tickets to VB and plan on spending at least two part-days at VB. Also, because VB is so much fun, make sure your park planning includes enough time to visit VB even if it means extending your plans at the Universal complex. If we were to go this time of year back to Orlando, we would do an extra day (5 days) at Universal and one less at WDW to make sure we had enough time at VB.

BTW: During the WDW portion of our trip, we went back to Typhoon Lagoon and had a nice relaxing day but I must say the rides, etc. look a little “tired” after spending time at VB. Even Miss Adventure Falls is fun but not to the VB standards. The rides are not as long or exciting and you have to stand in physical lines not virtual lines… Anyway, one of the folks I was traveling with described it this way – Typhoon Lagoon is an appetizer and Volcano Bay is a meal… So, you get the idea!...

Thank you to all for all the good suggestions prior to our trip.

I'm a little too fat to ride some of the slides, but still looking forward to the park!

Not sure of current rules, but in Tim Tracker's opening day video, he noted that you had to have a tube and a life jacket for the fast lazy river. (I believe the regular lazy river wasn't running in that video.)

He talks about it at 19:30
You don't need a life vest now but you need a tube

Volcano Bay was awesome during my visit, September 3-8

Went on the evening of the 8th. The park was emptying out with 4 hours to go. However, we wasted an hour trying to find a locker.

Come to find out that even if there are guests leaving, the lockers will still be sold out because it's considered a full day rental.

I wasn't to happy but lesson learned don't expect a locker if you come to the park late. Complained to Guest services and they held onto my things for a few hours.

Went to the park 2 more days and just took our time and was able to do everything easily.

Only disappointing thing was the lack of original food. I really wanted to try the original menu.

The view from our room. While awesome be ready to be woken up by the sound of drums in the morning.
Cabana-Bay-View.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!