VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

There are buses from RPR to VB. RPR and Sapphire Falls should still share a bus. You can’t walk to VB, unless you are staying at Cabana Bay. There’s no walk way.
You can walk from Aventura. And you can walk to aventura from sapphire falls.
The gate to VB is near the pool area of aventura.

VB closed today because it is a bit cool. They told me yesterday when I was there it would be closed so they were basing it off the forecast. Bartender said they close for 64 degrees or less.

Couple questions abou the Kopiko Wai Winding River (lazy river):
1. Do you get a tube to ride? I read somewhere that you can also use a "floating seat" but I don't understand what is meant by floating seat
2. Can you use the river to get from one area of the park to another (kind of like a riverway)?

How will I know if VB is going to be open on a particular day? When I look in the app it doesn't seem clear.
Do they only close for cold weather and lightening? Would it stay open if it was just raining and would rides run if it was just raining?

Georgina posted above you they close if temps are 64 or less

Vbay is closed when lightning is near by

How will I know if VB is going to be open on a particular day? When I look in the app it doesn't seem clear.
Do they only close for cold weather and lightening? Would it stay open if it was just raining and would rides run if it was just raining?

As others have said, if the high is around 64 or lower, there's a good chance VB will be closed for the day. They sometimes post it about 1-3 days in advance.

Yes, VB will stay open for rain. They temporarily close the attractions if lightning is within a 10 mile or less radius. When the lightning clears, they reopen the attractions.

And as evidenced by this current winter, sometimes they will close for "inclement weather" - or as I have heard/noticed, lower attendance.

We are traveling the beginning of August, we are usually September travelers but my husband has business. He very badly wants to go to Volcano Bay. I am trying to figure out what a better option would be. We come in on a Saturday and my husband was thinking of going on that day, but I don't believe we would actually be on Universal Property until sometime between 10:30 to noon which I believe would be peak time. We could also go on Wednesday to rope drop and could stay till I am thinking around 5 as we have to be ready for an event later that night.

I am thinking rope dropping on Wednesday would be better.

Our other option would be to hop around the parks, to do a little VB in the evening one day and morning another around events. I know it's early but I am an early over planner.

We are traveling the beginning of August, we are usually September travelers but my husband has business. He very badly wants to go to Volcano Bay. I am trying to figure out what a better option would be. We come in on a Saturday and my husband was thinking of going on that day, but I don't believe we would actually be on Universal Property until sometime between 10:30 to noon which I believe would be peak time. We could also go on Wednesday to rope drop and could stay till I am thinking around 5 as we have to be ready for an event later that night.

I am thinking rope dropping on Wednesday would be better.

Our other option would be to hop around the parks, to do a little VB in the evening one day and morning another around events. I know it's early but I am an early over planner.
Lines are definitely shortest in the morning. If staying onsite using early entry is the best way to do a lot. I have never felt the need to stay until 5 when going in the morning. You may have thundershowers in the afternoon which will at least temporarily shut things down.

Our other option would be to hop around the parks, to do a little VB in the evening one day and morning another around events.
This would be my choice. A few hours in not-super-busy conditions is great at VB. Then you can pop back in later in the trip, and you'll already know the layout. Water parks are lots of stairs, too; nice to spread that out a bit.

Hi all, going to VB in august. I absolutely love water slides and am looking forward to trying the three drop slides. Which one is the best? Just so i know so I can do that one last!

One thing however, my wife is not a huge fan of slides like this and will not go on them. Is she allowed to walk up with me and then walk back down after? I would not want to cause any VB staff or my wife any issues. I keep trying and trying to tell her that it won't be that bad but she won't listen. 5 months to try and persuade her!

Thanks!

Hi all, going to VB in august. I absolutely love water slides and am looking forward to trying the three drop slides. Which one is the best? Just so i know so I can do that one last!

One thing however, my wife is not a huge fan of slides like this and will not go on them. Is she allowed to walk up with me and then walk back down after? I would not want to cause any VB staff or my wife any issues. I keep trying and trying to tell her that it won't be that bad but she won't listen. 5 months to try and persuade her!

Thanks!

Hello Ross,
I personally cannot comment on the best drop slide (out of all the VB attractions, those are the 3 I have yet to do). However, based on what my husband has told me, Ko'okiri is probably the most extreme one (going straight down and all.....hehe). Out of Kala & Tai Nui, lifeguards have told me Tai Nui is a tiny bit more thrilling, more G-forces, I think?

Your wife is absolutely allowed to walk up the slide towers with you and then walk back down without riding. I see it happen all the time. :)

Thank you for your reply, I may save Ko'okiri to last if it is the most extreme!

Thanks, i'll let the wimp know!

Kind regards,

Ross

I've been one one of the serpentine drop slides...once. Can't tell you which one. It was about 30 seconds of "I can't wait until this is over'. I spent the whole time holding my hand over my nose and mouth so the water wouldn't go up my nose! I've never been brave enough to do the straight down slides at any water park!

I've been one one of the serpentine drop slides...once. Can't tell you which one. It was about 30 seconds of "I can't wait until this is over'. I spent the whole time holding my hand over my nose and mouth so the water wouldn't go up my nose! I've never been brave enough to do the straight down slides at any water park!

Sounds brilliant, thank you!:D

Turns out we have 3 park tix and our first day at Universal is a Grad Night (mid-April), so early closing at 6 pm. I checked and it looks like VB is open until 8 pm.

Couple of questions...

1) Would it be worth it to go for just 2-3 hours? When we were planning, my kids weren’t that interested. But since our tix are for 3 parks, thought it might be an option.

2) Is there a bus from the parks to VB or do we have to go back to RPR and catch one from there?

3) How many rides could we get done? Without going too crazy?

4) And lastly, any recommendations for rides for a family of four (12 yo who is a great swimmer and 8 yo who can swim but still needs work). Looks like the Aquacoaster and one of the Moana rides would work.

Thanks!!!!

Silly question -- but we are going to be in Orlando for a day before a cruise (hopefully) in late July. We are planning on a 1-day visit to Volcano Bay. My son loves Butterbeer from Harry Potter world ... does anyone know if they serve that at Volcano Bay?
Thanks!

Silly question -- but we are going to be in Orlando for a day before a cruise (hopefully) in late July. We are planning on a 1-day visit to Volcano Bay. My son loves Butterbeer from Harry Potter world ... does anyone know if they serve that at Volcano Bay?
Thanks!

Not silly. :)
Unfortunately, they do not serve Butterbeer at Volcano Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!