Volcano Bay Weight Limits?

scoopmorgan

DIS Veteran
A TM told us that Volcano Bay will have weight limits on the rides. No one over 250 lbs was the rumor, but it was not clear if that was only for certain rides, where physics would play a part, or for all the water slides. Has anyone else heard this? I'm not sure if our source is reliable or not, but I have no reason to doubt them.

I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and had a blast, so if this is true we will go there instead. I was really looking forward to VB though. Once it is open maybe someone could let us know.

:crutches:feeling injured

A TM told us that Volcano Bay will have weight limits on the rides. No one over 250 lbs was the rumor, but it was not clear if that was only for certain rides, where physics would play a part, or for all the water slides. Has anyone else heard this? I'm not sure if our source is reliable or not, but I have no reason to doubt them.

I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and had a blast, so if this is true we will go there instead. I was really looking forward to VB though. Once it is open maybe someone could let us know.

I cannot imagine why there would be a 250 pound weight limit, as I don't recall ever seeing a weight limit on a waterpark ride before.

I have been to many water parks that have that 250 lb limit. I was surprised Disney didn't. Not sure about VB but at many water parks 250 is the rule of thumb for both tube and body slides.

I believe wet and wild had weight limits on some rides, Aqua Loop-265, tornado-700 combined, black hole and kamikaze- 400 combined, sidewinders-600 combined, river rapids-300, and Skycoaster- 775 combined

I am hopeful that the restrictions are on the rides I probably would be to wimpish to try. Anything I have to climb 5+ stories to ride is out because of my knees. Had both replaced recently and they are better than ever, but not strong enough yet for long climbs. I really want to do Krakatau because I can board at ground level. I hope I can ride it.

No weight limits have been announced yet, just height limits.
This.

I've seen a ton of speculation, but as of right now there is still nothing official on weight limits. I absolutely would not be surprised to see something official come out soon, as testing has been going on for several days.

Uh, oh. DD's boyfriend is 6'2 or 6'4, can't recall but lets just say TALL. Where'd you see the height limits? Thanks!

Sorry for the scare, I should have said minimum height requirements :D Haven't heard anything on being too tall as of yet.

Edit: Except for the kiddie play area which says 'Designed for children under 48" '

I was looking through photos from the Media event today and saw one ride sign indicating a 300 pound limit. I think it was the 70 degree body plunge.

Sorry for the scare, I should have said minimum height requirements :D Haven't heard anything on being too tall as of yet.

Edit: Except for the kiddie play area which says 'Designed for children under 48" '
You had me scared, lol.

Well I am under 300, and unlikely to try the body plunge, so I think I will breathe a sigh of relief. Thank you so much for the info!

Well I am under 300, and unlikely to try the body plunge, so I think I will breathe a sigh of relief. Thank you so much for the info!

They can keep the plunge rides. Went on one once - felt as if I was choking & getting an enema at the same time. No thanks, I'll pass.

Hi I was watching a video on "Best of Orlando" facebook today they are at the media event at VB. When he was going to ride the body slide Kala he had to step on a scale. I am not sure if this is for every ride or just body slides.

Seth Kubersky was reporting there are weight mats on some slides.

He did say he never saw anyone refused.

Hi I was watching a video on "Best of Orlando" facebook today they are at the media event at VB. When he was going to ride the body slide Kala he had to step on a scale. I am not sure if this is for every ride or just body slides.

Individual weights are for the trap door body slides, 300 pounds is the posted limit for those. I think some of the group rides have weight limits as well for the entire group. If those are exceeded, they just break up the party and send them in separate rafts.

In the newest Tim Tracker video he talks about these limits on two slides. He couldn't ride them. And he is average built. This is pretty crazy.

200lbs is the new weight limit down from 300lbs on the trap door slides, no clue why but that's what thy're saying

Maybe Universal needs to build things that are more "safer"? It seems that all these weight limits are due to "safety reasons", however, Disney has managed quite well for itself and managed to not limit so many people on weight, whether their regular parks, or water parks.

The serpentine slides got lowered to 200. The giant plunge slide apparently did not. I got lucky and got on the smaller plunge slides because I wasn't weighed the first couple times. I'm 6 ft 3 inches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts