VOOM internet package

OurLaughingPlace

DIS Veteran
When I look at this, it is a cost per day per device. My husband will use internet for work (just email stuff each morning) and 18 year old daughter, who is in another room, will like to use internet in afternoon / evenings. Can they share the VOOM package even though it will be on two different devices and in two different rooms? Can you explain how this works? Youngest daughter might also want to use on occasion. I just don't see everyone needing their own as no one will be on it for too long and they will all want to use it at different times of the day. We are doing the 13 day Mediterranean cruise, so the cost of purchasing multiple packages really adds up - just wondering if we have to. Thanks!

You can also buy it for two devices running simultaneously for $17.99/day. We're on Freedom of the Seas right now and I'm very pleased at the speed and reliability of the VOOM wifi, although I'm just "surfing", not downloading or streaming.

You can also buy it for two devices running simultaneously for $17.99/day. We're on Freedom of the Seas right now and I'm very pleased at the speed and reliability of the VOOM wifi, although I'm just "surfing", not downloading or streaming.

Do you just purchase this on board? We are going to be on Brilliance of the Seas - is this available on all of the RC ships? We really just need it for email / snapchat / instagram. Thanks for the info.

Do you just purchase this on board? We are going to be on Brilliance of the Seas - is this available on all of the RC ships? We really just need it for email / snapchat / instagram. Thanks for the info.
We had VOOM on Anthem, and it was so good we streamed slingbox to the tv so we could watch football games. I know we had internet on Brilliance a few years ago, but I don't believe it had been upgraded to VOOM. I don't remember having many problems with it, though.
Denise

It's on all of them as far as I know and yes - you buy it on board. You can even buy it through your interactive tv service in the cabin. It will give you your access code and automatically bill to your account! One note though; we've noticed several instances where things are cheaper when you pre-purchase them on-line before boarding. VOOM might be one of those things. I think it's offered for $11.99/day on the RCCL website and it's more than that on-board. :wave2:

Last edited:

Keep an eye on your cruise planner. They do sometimes offer specials before your board. That's how I bought it and felt like it was a reasonable deal.

Just got off Harmony last week. They are now offering a combination Internet and Drink package in your Cruise Planner prior to sailing. I'm Diamond Plus so I always get a bigger discount by purchasing onboard. I think I paid $85 for the week for one device. But I was able to stream shows on Hulu during my downtime! And no problem with more than one device. It's just that when you login in with the second device, it kicks you off of the first one. But we also found that we were able to send and receive iMessages on our iPhones without packages (on and off the ship). I don't know if it's just a glitch on Harmony, or on all the ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter