VRBO Canx issue

NinaBella

DIS Veteran
I booked a home on Aug 22. Home had 100% refundable if you cancel before May. I cancelled on VRBO on Sept 26. I never saw my refund so I emailed the owner through VRBO asking approximately when I would see the refund. I got a one line answer back: "You'll need to cancel on your end, or I will be charged a service fee." What does she mean I have to cancel it on my end? I did cancel through VRBO. Is she expecting me to dispute the charge through my bank?

So the seller never responded to my message asking her to clarify what she meant "to cancel on my end." Just... no response. I did get the "second payment notification to please pay." LOL. Yea, nope.

So I did go to my bank and just got refunded the money.

But how is it ACCEPTABLE to list on the VRBO 100% fully refundable if canx before 60 days. But instead of refunding the money tell me I have to cancel on my end?

I am about to write up a review and just wanted feedback because what started out as a great VRBO experience was not a professional owner ending.

Wow....that seems quite rude & unprofessional. If they didn't want to be charged a fee, they could have EASILY just sent you a VALID {bank} check or money order because I'm SURE they received your money. They charge too many fees for the public to receive service like this. That's why I stay away from them & rent direct.

Sounds like spite because you cancelled. Oh well.....now you know WHO to stay away from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!