VWL (boulder ridge) for MLK weekend?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Is MLK weekend a typically very high demand weekend at DVC?

I'm planning to go next January and would like to split my stay, we'll probably arrive the thursday night before and then leave the following Saturday, so we'll have a few days with longer park hours (and higher crowds) and then hopefully a few days with lower crowds (we'll see after how this year shaped up!)

Anyway my kiddo would like to spend part of the stay at VWL. My home is BWV so I'm booking there for the whole trip and if we had to stay there it would not be the end of the world :) I'm thinking for second half of the week I could probably switch to VWL (based on the availability charts I've seen for that week), but I'd actually prefer VWL first then BWV.

Does anyone have experience with this weekend and 7 month availability? I'm thinking with CC coming on line, BR is probably one of the less hot properties right now and if they declare more inventory in the spring as I am reading that there may be some movement of BR owners to try out CC and open some stuff up for me.

Can anyone give me an idea of my chances? I did find those grids about monthly availability a while ago but with MLK weekend as a moving target I figure it might be off.

I think you should be fine. I’ve checked that weekend in the past, although not specifically the WL villas, and there’s always been availability at seven months. The same can not be said for marathon weekend which is a week or two before that. That’s usually booked solid.

I think you should be fine. I’ve checked that weekend in the past, although not specifically the WL villas, and there’s always been availability at seven months. The same can not be said for marathon weekend which is a week or two before that. That’s usually booked solid.

Thanks! yes, marathon weekend is already sold out for a BWV standard view. Maybe this weekend is not really that much more popular for travel than any other off season weekend and maybe less desirable for members due to crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!