VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Like so many major companies in the USA, I was told by The Lodge check-in manager a number of years ago that Disney's IT development is done off-shore.

And we wonder why so many firms taking personal info are hacked. Brings to mind the windshield replacement guy in town that bought two teens a couple of air pistols to improve sales.

Like so many major companies in the USA, I was told by The Lodge check-in manager a number of years ago that Disney's IT development is done off-shore.

And we wonder why so many firms taking personal info are hacked. Brings to mind the windshield replacement guy in town that bought two teens a couple of air pistols to improve sales.

I actually was at a conference where a company presenting stated they do a lot of the IT work for Disney - they were US based. I think sometimes it's just easier to blame off-shore but that's nothing I've ever heard of for Disney. I do think it's good old USA companies.

Boy, I look away for a moment and how'd we get diverted over to the dark side of IT? Can't leave you kids unattended for a minute. I'm doing myself and you all a flavor and staying quiet on this subject or we'll be here until next Sunday. :upsidedow

So... flavor... Dole whips anyone? I prefer the citrus swirl, but won't turn down a perfectly good pineapple flavored anything.
WL needs a spring we can drink from.

Boy, I look away for a moment and how'd we get diverted over to the dark side of IT? Can't leave you kids unattended for a minute. I'm doing myself and you all a flavor and staying quiet on this subject or we'll be here until next Sunday. :upsidedow

So... flavor... Dole whips anyone? I prefer the citrus swirl, but won't turn down a perfectly good pineapple flavored anything.

I'm a fan of the pineapple float myself.

My sister prefers citrus swirl. I am allergic to ice cream, so pineapple Dole Whip for me :-) The pineapple float Pineapple Dole Whips are nice, too.

SW

Pineapple. But, they're usually too sweet for me to eat a whole one. ;)

Speaking of...we make a Dole Whip every so often with a ice cream maker(you know the old fashioned kind where you crank, cept we cheat, and let the electric one do all the work:-)). Its pretty good and does the job in a pinch.

We've tried making a number of Disney recipes at home. Some have turned out OK, but all have missed the mark. I know it is the magic that is left out when making such concoctions at home that keep us going back to The World for the real thing.

A few years back, DiznyDi & I sat on the veranda of the Dole Whip Plantation In Hawaii enjoying our Dole Whip. Yes sir, we enjoyed them tremendously, eating such treats at the source; but somehow, it just wasn't as magical as we had hoped. (When we expressed our excitement to the counter server about getting Dole Whips at the source, she expressed such a lack of interest and disrespect for the Whip :scared1: ; I believe that was what began the downward spiral of the joy.)

We've tried making a number of Disney recipes at home. Some have turned out OK, but all have missed the mark. I know it is the magic that is left out when making such concoctions at home that keep us going back to The World for the real thing.

A few years back, DiznyDi & I sat on the veranda of the Dole Whip Plantation In Hawaii enjoying our Dole Whip. Yes sir, we enjoyed them tremendously, eating such treats at the source; but somehow, it just wasn't as magical as we had hoped. (When we expressed our excitement to the counter server about getting Dole Whips at the source, she expressed such a lack of interest and disrespect for the Whip :scared1: ; I believe that was what began the downward spiral of the joy.)
We felt the same, Rich. We were at Aulani last Sept. and went to the Dole Plantation. We were looking forward to having "the real thing" and turned out MK is way better! I too believe the magic is part of it all. The recipe I make, my family feels is even better than WDW. But I feel like the ones in MK are much better. To each his own I guess:D

We felt the same, Rich. We were at Aulani last Sept. and went to the Dole Plantation. We were looking forward to having "the real thing" and turned out MK is way better! I too believe the magic is part of it all.

DW and I are planning on an Aulani trip next year, so my ears perk up when I hear about tips for Oahu. So maybe the Dole Plantation is something to pass on? I understand we can get our Dole Whip fix at Aulani so is the plantation worth it otherwise?

Sorry to take the thread off course a bit.

Hey all - Jerry and I (Tricia) are trying to scrape together a Sept trip - We'll have to work some everyday - but I'm craving a visit to attend MNSSHP and F&W - so even if we just go to the parks in the evenings - it'll be worth it - trying for Sept 10-16 - any Groupies going to the parties that week?

Hey all - Jerry and I (Tricia) are trying to scrape together a Sept trip - We'll have to work some everyday - but I'm craving a visit to attend MNSSHP and F&W - so even if we just go to the parks in the evenings - it'll be worth it - trying for Sept 10-16 - any Groupies going to the parties that week?
No, but I hope you can go!

. . . . . . . . . So maybe the Dole Plantation is something to pass on? . . . . . . . . . .

Granny - Pass on the Plantation? Nooooo!:scared1: You need to see the source, ride the Train, walk the Gardens, experience the history; and have a Whip! It is NOT a Disney property nor does it feel like one. But if you have endured the trip in the aluminum tube surrounded by gasoline for so many hours to get there, you must seek out the source and relax on the veranda with your main squeeze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter