VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Kathy...you are much braver than I am to venture onto other threads! I definitely run away from the ones that have any controversy involved. :)

I think forking out $50-$75 dollars per day for pet cleaning will also deter a lot of people. It's cheaper to kennel the pet on Disney property than paying that amount.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be part of Mousekeeping that has to go into rooms with dogs. Sorry, that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me when strangers walk in on dogs.

I must be feeling braver than normal today! lol Someone just posted that Disney will be providing door placards that will be placed on the doors if people are staying with their dogs. I'd suspect housekeeping will not be going in a room if the dog is there.

As a cat owner, I'm offended. :snooty: Seriously, I see potential risks here that would outweigh the reward for Disney. All it would take is one poorly maintained canine to spark a huge headache for Disney. I'm most surprised by the inclusion of the YC. FW, I can kinda see. YC? Hmmm. Hope that place doesn't go to the. . .well, you know. . .pirate:

Makes sense. I guess we rarely make ADRs so for us it is a lot more flexible. But I can definitely see that an earlier start to the process would be good. Maybe sometime in May when the 7 month mark is pretty much over?

In other news, did any of the Groupies see this announcement?:

Beginning Sunday Oct 15 2017, Walt Disney World Resort will allow canine companions to stay at four resort hotels, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room with no weight or breed restrictions. Each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas.

Disney will not be designating specific rooms for dogs, but they will be staying in specific areas of each resort.

Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.

• At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
      • Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
      • Coming soon – select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:

• Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
      • Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
      • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
      • Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Dogs staying in a Disney resort Guest rooms must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated.

Guest with dogs will be able to use Magical Express, Minnie Vans and internal buses at Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans, but dogs must travel in a pet carrier. Dogs will not be allowed on monorails or watercraft.

Not sure if the link will be allowed, but here's where it came from: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...o-stay-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

Personally, I'm glad that it doesn't include any DVC resorts. I guess the cleaning cost per day will keep this from being a big deal?
And worth noting..... does anyone see DOGS in the CONTRACT?

WE have CONTRACTS. The CONTRACT, if violated by either party, is no longer a CONTRACT. One, or the other, party may be SUED.

Personally? My dear wife and I LOVE real CONTRACTS. It eliminates surprises.
DVC - Don't bring in DOGS, unless you wish to assume full responsibility for "breakage" ,"cleaning", and "maintenance". NOT in our contract.

And worth noting..... does anyone see DOGS in the CONTRACT?

WE have CONTRACTS. The CONTRACT, if violated by either party, is no longer a CONTRACT. One, or the other, party may be SUED.
Personally? My dear wife and I LOVE real CONTRACTS. It eliminates surprises.

Well, since as I recall the end of the contract says DVC or DVD can change things as they wish.....

But this isn't for DVC resorts.

Ah - which cartoon was he from? Underdog? Bullwinkle? Something else? I'm mixing them up!

Showing my age, but the cartoon is of Muttley who appeared in the "Wacky Races" cartoon.

dickandmuttley1.jpg

Dick Dastardly was the villain in the cartoon and Muttley was his helper, though he mostly just laughed when bad things happened to Dick Dastardly who was about as inept as Wile E Coyote on the Roadrunner cartoon.

And there you have it...absolutely much more than this thread should have to absorb! :offtopic:

Showing my age, but the cartoon is of Muttley who appeared in the "Wacky Races" cartoon.

dickandmuttley1.jpg

Dick Dastardly was the villain in the cartoon and Muttley was his helper, though he mostly just laughed when bad things happened to Dick Dastardly who was about as inept as Wile E Coyote on the Roadrunner cartoon.

And there you have it...absolutely much more than this thread should have to absorb! :offtopic:

Ah yes - Muttley! Thank you!!!!! I definitely remember the snicker he did. ::yes:: I just couldn't remember his partner in crime.

A much better Saturday weather wise in south Alabama this week! No hurricane preparations this morning!

Kathy, glad to hear that your son is improving. That is wonderful news.

Not sure about my feelings about the dogs being allowed in the rooms. I think the cost is pretty high. I certainly can board my dogs at home much cheaper than $50 a day. I'm just wondering if people will start to sneaking pets in since it will be less noticeable at those certain resorts now??? I'm not sure that Disney housekeepers aren't already challenged enough without cleaning up after dogs...

Is anyone using any particular crowd calendars anymore? Seems like I was using easywdw, but it looks it isn't being updated anymore. Any one recommend another site?

Is anyone using any particular crowd calendars anymore? Seems like I was using easywdw, but it looks it isn't being updated anymore. Any one recommend another site?

Erin...I have never used any of the crowd tools, but I think https://touringplans.com/ is considered to be really good for crowd planning and touring. Of course, it's a subscription service but $15 for a trip to WDW may well be worth it for you.

easywdw has stopped again? They had stopped for a period after MDE launched but had begun calendars again when he felt like he had a bit more of a grasp on things again as I understand it.

Otherwise we've also used Touringplans. These days I think a good plan will help you navigate even on busy days and we are going more and more just on the basis of when we want to. The bar has moved with all of it and what was a 3 or 4 in the past is now busier IMO so we worry less about it. :goodvibes

Popping in to say how beautiful our new Boulder Ridge area is!! This is our first stay since the construction has been completed. As an owner I am extremely happy. Saying for 3 nights post our Fantasy cruise. Pics coming!

Well forgot about photobucket not being free. My pics are too big to upload. Once I find a way I’ll post them!

Well forgot about photobucket not being free. My pics are too big to upload. Once I find a way I’ll post them!

I open my pictures in Paint which has a resizing tool. I think I make the pixels no more than 1024 on the longest size and that works. I don't know how to resize them using the phone...I usually download from my camera (phone) to a laptop and then resize and post. Thanks for posting your impressions, Hope. :)

I open my pictures in Paint which has a resizing tool. I think I make the pixels no more than 1024 on the longest size and that works. I don't know how to resize them using the phone...I usually download from my camera (phone) to a laptop and then resize and post. Thanks for posting your impressions, Hope. :)
I do the same with the photos.

@ErinC I use touring plans as well.

Right now, the easiest way to size-down pics on an iphone is to email the image to yourself. (Use the share option and when you press send, it will ask which size to convert to.) Hopefully we'll see a feature offered directly on the photo app in the future, but until then this works.

Last edited:
As a cat owner, I'm offended. :snooty:
Me too!! I love dogs, don't get me wrong, had more dogs than cats in the past as pets. But we have one indoor cat and we joke about taking her and hiding her in the room at WDW, or just having no mousekeeping at all. I wouldn't do this but I can see why folks want their pets with them.

One more funny to go along with Muttley...Who let the dogs out, who, who, who, who let the dogs out!!:rotfl:

Right now, the easiest way to size-down pics on an iphone is to email the image to yourself. (Use the share option and when you press send, it will ask which size to convert to.) Hopefully we'll see a feature offered directly on the photo app in the future, but until then this works.
I’ll try this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter