VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Okay, we made it safe and sound and are in our room at VWL. When I go out on my balcony I look up and right and I think I am looking at Kathy & Kati's balcony! I am in 3511 in the hallway to the right and rear of the elevators. So the group is growing! See a bunch of you tonight at TOTWL!

@DVC Jen ... Happy Anniversary! :)

Rich and I had the pleasure to 'face time' with Granny, Mrs Granny, Bobbiwoz, Kathy and Kati, Jimmy, Paul and new baby Rafe. last evening. What fun! Many many thanks for including us in the TOWL Groupie meet! It was so very nice to join in on the festivities. I could definitely feel the 'vibe'. The bright sparkling lights of the lounge added to the excitement. We are so very blessed to call Groupies our friends!

Waiting on pictures - please

Had a great time at the groupie meet! Dad and Di, as I said, you were there in Spirit and in FaceTime too. Your names were mentioned several times! It was cool seeing some very familiar faces and meeting some new folks as well. KAT, you need to get your friend to join us now! I think all in attendance will agree, she would fit right in to our bunch:-)

Throw some Moosie Dust our way! Still waiting for that one night. . .

You got it! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I think you'll get it. Your trip isn't until June. Plenty of time.

I have a request for any groupie currently at our beloved Lodge. Can you take a peak at the bar menu at GP & see if the cheesy brisket is still on the menu? I friend just posted a couple pics of menus from GP & I see no cheesy brisket dip! :eek: I think she may have just missed the bar only menu but I want to check. I will be sooooooo sad if that is gone. :sad: Thank you!

Two more sleeps! :woohoo: :woohoo:

You got it! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: I think you'll get it. Your trip isn't until June. Plenty of time.

I have a request for any groupie currently at our beloved Lodge. Can you take a peak at the bar menu at GP & see if the cheesy brisket is still on the menu? I friend just posted a couple pics of menus from GP & I see no cheesy brisket dip! :eek: I think she may have just missed the bar only menu but I want to check. I will be sooooooo sad if that is gone. :sad: Thank you!

Two more sleeps! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Never fear, we had the cheesy brisket yesterday at GP. Tasted as great as ever!

What a fun evening it was at TOTWL last night. Started at 7:30 and went until after the fireworks show. Here's a photo of many of those in attendance:

Groupies 12-6-17 vers 2.jpg

Standing left to right: JimmyTammy DD, JimmyTammy DSon-in-law, @KAT4DISNEY friend , @Granny , Mr. Bobbiwoz, Jimmy of @jimmytammy , JimmyTammy DS.
Sitting left to right: Tammy of @jimmytammy holding their grandson, @KAT4DISNEY , @bobbiwoz , @Mrs. Granny , Princess Kati, and @twokats .

Also joining us was @wildernessDad and his son, @wdrl and @DenLo . I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

And a special guest appearance from @Dizny Dad & @DiznyDi via face time.

Once again I really enjoyed the Big Honkin' Groupie Meet, but as usual I felt like I didn't have as much time to talk to everyone that I would have liked. But I think everyone had a good time.

Getting ready for the meet on the morning of the 10th!

Never fear, we had the cheesy brisket yesterday at GP. Tasted as great as ever!
Now, if they'd only bring back the salmon BLT. . .:mad:

That's what we're hoping, but we keep seeing folks on the VGC thread about that same time with their WLs coming through, and it makes us nervous! :crazy2:

Just read an article originating from the Orlando Sentinel which says there are now a record 231 festival days at Epcot. No wonder the place always seems crowded anymore! Here's another wry observation from an interview between the reporter and David Kesting, the general manager for Epcot festivals:

On scaling down the size of the food portions at the holiday fest: “People loved the flavors last year, but they would get one or two entrees to share and they were done. They weren’t able to experience it all.”
My editor's note: That's a euphemism for "we're going to give you less for more."

Thanks for the photo Granny! Great looking group. I sadly won't be making any official groupie meet but hope to see some of you outside the meet. I'm around Sat-Wed. Feel free to PM me!

What a fun evening it was at TOTWL last night. Started at 7:30 and went until after the fireworks show. Here's a photo of many of those in attendance:

View attachment 287389

Standing left to right: JimmyTammy DD, JimmyTammy DSon-in-law, @KAT4DISNEY friend , @Granny , Mr. Bobbiwoz, Jimmy of @jimmytammy , JimmyTammy DS.
Sitting left to right: Tammy of @jimmytammy holding their grandson, @KAT4DISNEY , @bobbiwoz , @Mrs. Granny , Princess Kati, and @twokats .

Also joining us was @wildernessDad and his son, @wdrl and @DenLo . I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

And a special guest appearance from @Dizny Dad & @DiznyDi via face time.

Once again I really enjoyed the Big Honkin' Groupie Meet, but as usual I felt like I didn't have as much time to talk to everyone that I would have liked. But I think everyone had a good time.

Getting ready for the meet on the morning of the 10th!

Coming out of lurkdom to say that's a fine looking set of groupies! Hopefully one day I can join in the fun with you all.

Thanks for the photo Granny! Great looking group. I sadly won't be making any official groupie meet but hope to see some of you outside the meet. I'm around Sat-Wed. Feel free to PM me!

Will do, Julie. I think you, Corinne and I will be at the Moonlight Magic on the 11th so we can get together there. :thumbsup2

Great group photo Granny! Thanks for posting it.
Enjoy the Florida sun - its 9 degrees in Ohio this morning. We had snow flurries yesterday.
Enjoy your week-end!

Great group photo Granny! Thanks for posting it.
Enjoy the Florida sun - its 9 degrees in Ohio this morning. We had snow flurries yesterday.
Enjoy your week-end!
Do not want to think about 9 degrees....stay inside if you can.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter