VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Will do, Julie. I think you, Corinne and I will be at the Moonlight Magic on the 11th so we can get together there. :thumbsup2

Yes, I will! We should try to figure out a place to meet up. See you there!

I'm glad now I switched my SW afternoon flight to a JB 6:30 am flight tomorrow. Snow be a coming. :crazy2: I should be fine in the morning. Maybe a light rain snow mix for my ride to the airport at the crack of dawn, but it will be coming down by afternoon. Leaving the cold to head to move cold. :laughing: At least there won't be snow. ::yes::

My Dad said its snowing back home this AM, I say No to the Snow!!
Epic fail on trying to get pictures uploaded to you guys. I think its time for a new Mac:crutches:
Every time I try to post it keeps posting a business letter I composed this AM. UGGHHHHH!!
So I will share our adventures...yesterday we went to MK, got to meet up with Alan(AnnieT's DH), hit FPs at Pirates, Seven Dwarves and Meet Mickey. Meeting talking Mickey was really cool and he was funny with our grandson. Safe was 4 months old yesterday and Mickey told him not to get used to being carried the rest of his life, that one day he would have to walk and get a job, but the way he said it was hilarious.
Later we ate at San Angel Inn. Our fave places tend to go through fazes and no exception last night as San Angel was just OK. So we will probably forego it for awhile, or slip in for drinks and apps.
Headed back to MK today then off to Garden Grill. Our DD wanted her DH to experience it but its way too much food for this ol guy. So we will get it outta the way and move on

So happy for all you folks visiting the World right now. . .:mad: :rolleyes1 School out at noon today due to snow. Not a lot sticking yet, but I suspect it will. I'll be here another couple of hours before heading out. Seriously, wishing we could be there! pirate:

Wow. It has been some time since I have come out of lurking the thread and been able to take a moment to jump in. Today is my last day here at the office for 2017. I am taking my "Disney Days" that were changed suddenly and staying home close to the fire with my main squeeze DiznyDi! This is the first December in a decade that we did not get our December Disney fix, but it was really well appreciated being able to have a little FaceTime with the Groupies the other night. I find it interesting that although most knew I was going to be out for the rest of the year, how many finally took it seriously and have come into my office in a panic looking for some final work on my part. Seems to be behind me at this moment, but I'm not out the door yet. there is always that one person that will show at 15 minutes before I leave on Friday to do his desk dumping for the weekend. I think I will leave at 20 minutes before the hour . . . .

DDad...great to hear from you. And best wishes for everything to go well with you for the rest of the month!

Well, we are enjoying a quiet day here in The World...and I feel like it is Old Home Week around here!

Jimmy, TwoKats and I have rooms within about 50 feet of each other. And since the BHGM a couple of nights ago, we have run into [B]@KAT4DISNEY[/B] in MK, and then [B]@Corinne[/B] at the WL bus stop this morning, and then I bumped into Jimmy later this afternoon on the walkway to the main lobby.

You can't swing a cat around here without hitting a Groupie! And that's a good thing. :)

Today's high here was in the low 80's, but tomorrow is looking for a high in the mid-60's and then the mid-50's on Sunday. So the cooler weather is coming in to make it feel like the winter wonderland that is decorated to be. And I'm liking the decision to move BHGM Part 2 indoors on Sunday morning!

Like Jimmy, I am experiencing technical difficulties getting pictures from my camera. Oh well, it will give me a project to accomplish when I get home in a week.

Stay warm, Groupies! And most importantly, stay safe!

In case I don't get back on again before your surgery wishing you all the best @Dizny Dad!

I hope some groupie cats swing my way starting tomorrow! :laughing: My plan is to hit DHS not long after arrival (10ish), then Epcot, GF for orchestra at Mizners, then end at TOWL. Meeting some friends from another board at TOWL & hopefully Maria too but I can always table hop! If you plan to be in any of those places tomorrow keep an eye out for me!

T-minus 10 1/2 hours & counting til lift off! :dancer:

Coming out of lurkdom to say that's a fine looking set of groupies! Hopefully one day I can join in the fun with you all.
Glad you dropped by, Roxy! Don't be such a stranger in the future. Luv and I met most of these Groupies back in the summer and do wish we could be at the Lodge right now. Alas and alack, no trips for us to the World planned until, gulp, 2019! :scared: (Somehow, methinks my wife will make it there sooner. . .)

A much colder day here in the World. I've put away the shorts and tee shirts and moved right into the flannel shirts, jeans and jacket. We had some rain last night that dropped the temperatures about 20-30 degrees compared to yesterday. We're good with this...makes it seem a little more Christmassy! :santa:

A much colder day here in the World. I've put away the shorts and tee shirts and moved right into the flannel shirts, jeans and jacket. We had some rain last night that dropped the temperatures about 20-30 degrees compared to yesterday. We're good with this...makes it seem a little more Christmassy! :santa:

Yes! The boat ride to MK was extra chilly this morning. The lobby in the lodge is bustling today though. Lots of visitors coming to see the Christmas decorations.

In other news, we love the concierge Kirk! He got our magical express all corrected and even wrote a cute note on the envelope. He will also be checking us into our flight on southwest so we don't have to pull out the phones during dinner to checkin .

Glad you dropped by, Roxy! Don't be such a stranger in the future. Luv and I met most of these Groupies back in the summer and do wish we could be at the Lodge right now. Alas and alack, no trips for us to the World planned until, gulp, 2019! :scared: (Somehow, methinks my wife will make it there sooner. . .)

Thanks! My grand scheme is to take only one trip in 2018 and ideally two in 2019. I really want to see everything, especially the lodge, decked out for the Holiday Season. Even though we'll be staying at Bay Lake, we will definitely carve out the time to have some Whispering Canyon for lunch and walk around the lodge and appreciate it's beauty and cozy corners.

Hi Groupies!

I’ve tried to upload a few pics from around the Lodge, but I’m also getting an error message. It’s snowing and freezing back home so I GUESS “just” the cold here is ok...lol. :rolleyes1

We spent our first two nights @ CCV in a 1BR. I have to say, it was pretty great. I find it hard to believe the points are the same as a 1BR here at VWL.

We saw Jingle Bell Jingle Bam last night (cute)! and I really enjoyed the snow with warm temps My kind of snow! I also enjoyed the Sunset Blvd show.

We headed to MK for a while this am before our room here at VWL was ready. Tonight we are celebrating at Artist Point. Today is the 34th anniversary of the day I met my dh, and since we had to to cancel our September trip, we will also be celebrating our 32nd anniversary!

I love what they’ve done here at The Lodge. Geyser Point is a fabulous spot, and the new pool here at the villas is awesome as well!

We bumped into Granny and Mrs Granny at the bus stop yesterday, and I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!!

A few pictures from our short time at DHS. The Christmas decorations at this park are always a favorite of mine. We had FP's for TSMM and ToT and were able to see a couple of the light shows they are doing on ToT for the holidays. After DHS we headed to the groupie meet and after that into MK for a little bit.

20171206_163040.jpg 20171206_164602.jpg
My best in Vehicle score - once I got best in hour and keep trying for that again! :D
20171206_165332.jpg
Looking forward to seeing this!
20171206_165903.jpg
Lots of cranes at work for StarWars land and changes to the entrances (I guess)
20171206_170416.jpg 20171209_114017.jpg 20171209_115324.jpg 20171206_172337.jpg 20171206_171856.jpg 20171206_181206.jpg

So happy for all you folks visiting the World right now. . .:mad: :rolleyes1 School out at noon today due to snow. Not a lot sticking yet, but I suspect it will. I'll be here another couple of hours before heading out. Seriously, wishing we could be there! pirate:
Here in GA we had snow, as well. Dismissed an hour early though that didn’t really work out. Stuck to grass, etc but temp just a tad too high for roads, thank goodness. But snow in Dec is unusual for around here. It was pretty though!

Another day, another Groupie meet...or actually two meets!

We started off the morning with a small gathering of myself, @DVC Jen & DH, and @Corinne & DH. A very nice gathering. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture until Corinne had already left, so we'll do with a picture of DVC Jen and her husband in front of the fireplace in the Iron Spike room.

DVC Jen.jpg

After the first seating had departed, in came the second seating for the meet:

BHGM2b.jpg

This good looking group

Standing, left to right: JimmyTammy DS, Jimmy, Granny, MiaSRN62 DS, MiaSRN62 DH, @MiaSRN62

Sitting, left to right: Tammy, Starwind's friend, @Starwind

As always, good fun was had by all. :)

A few pictures from our short time at DHS. The Christmas decorations at this park are always a favorite of mine. We had FP's for TSMM and ToT and were able to see a couple of the light shows they are doing on ToT for the holidays. After DHS we headed to the groupie meet and after that into MK for a little bit.

View attachment 287841 View attachment 287842
My best in Vehicle score - once I got best in hour and keep trying for that again! :D

I love your pictures as always, but I have no idea how you get such high scores in Toy Story Mania! I know that there are "secret targets" to hit in Buzz Lightyear but I'm not aware of those in TSM? I got 120,000 on my last trip and thought I was really flying! :rotfl:

Took a stroll down to the last cabin on the south side, and found this. I guess they have to re-name the buffet restaurant at Fort Wilderness and move it to this location.

End of trail.jpg

It is quite a hike from the last cabin (2026), and here's a picture from in front of it looking back at VWL. I circled the roof line of the END of VWL (farthest from the elevators) to let people see what kind of distance we are talking about.

VWL from last cabin.jpg

Even when I walked up 6 cabins to 2020, I had not quite reached the end of VWL.

VWL from 2020.jpg

So when Sleepy tells people it is a bit of a hike...he ain't exaggerating! :)

They did do a nice job adding holiday festivities to the walkway, so it was a pretty walk.

Decorated Post by cabins.jpg

@Granny: I, too, like your pictures, and I lengthily commented on the ones of the pathway on the other thread where you posted them. I will only say here that a) it's a long, long haul if you have an aversion to long hallways and walks, and b) I hate they shut off my nature trail. Grrrrr. . .:mad:

In other news, we wound up with about 5 inches of snow. Yesterday was a day of hanging around the house by the fire and watching TV. Today dawned cold but sunny, so we got out for Starbucks and to grab a few groceries. The roads were fine. The only real inconvenience caused by the snow was our annual production of THE NUTCRACKER was postponed to next weekend. This is my 10th year as Herr Drosselmeyer in the show. The current director of dance at the conservatory was Clara when I started!

I love your pictures as always, but I have no idea how you get such high scores in Toy Story Mania! I know that there are "secret targets" to hit in Buzz Lightyear but I'm not aware of those in TSM? I got 120,000 on my last trip and thought I was really flying! :rotfl:

Best way to explain - my arm is exhausted when we get off the ride! :rotfl2: I do try and go for the larger score targets though.

Buzz IS easier:

p2667874517-4.jpg

At least it's easier at WDW. I'm awful at it at DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!