VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

RRB
Great report on the CC!! I especially love the view of the lake and the seating area on the back porch near the fireplace. Could see me enjoying that in the AM with a hot cup o' Joe:-)
Thanks. The mornings were a little cool while we were there. I'm an early riser and every morning, I woke up to fog on the lake. I would site in the patio with a cup of coffee and watch the fog lift with the sunrise. So peaceful and quite. Just the sound of critters in the marsh. One morning, an owl came to rest on the branch of a tree right behind out cabin. He must have stayed there 30 minutes.

Thanks. The mornings were a little cool while we were there. I'm an early riser and every morning, I woke up to fog on the lake. I would site in the patio with a cup of coffee and watch the fog lift with the sunrise. So peaceful and quite. Just the sound of critters in the marsh. One morning, an owl came to rest on the branch of a tree right behind out cabin. He must have stayed there 30 minutes.
Sounds like a bit of Heaven too me:goodvibes

Asking for a little bit (or a lot) of Moose dust - Pixie dust.. whatever anyone wants to send. Long story short.. We have been down to one car between Ian and I for a year. We let our youngest daughter take Ian's car a year and a half ago because hers was literally falling part and was not reliable to get her back and forth to school (college) and work. She is 4 hours away from us so he took the Vue with the 2nd rebuilt transmission and 160K miles on it and gave her his Mazds CX7. I had a Kia Sorento I had settled on after my 2008 Saturn Outlook, which I love dearly had big time transmission issues at 98K miles. Well the Vue ended up having big engine issues and we were not putting any more money into it. We couldn't afford a 3rd car payment so Ian started driving the Kia. This is only possible because I work from home. Last month we paid the Mazda off. Yippee..... Well tomorrow is the day - one year and one day after becoming carless that I could possibly get a new car. What I really wanted - a 2018 Buick Enclave fully loaded is about 150.00 more a month than we wanted to spend (Ian said he would make it work. I said no. I don't want to go back to having money as tight as it was before our youngest graduated and started supporting herself). I was pretty sad but trying to be an adult about the whole thing. Tomorrow we are going to test drive a brand new 2018 GMC Acadia Denali. I want to be super excited about it but since it was reimagined last year it is smaller than it used to be. That is an issue considering we have 400 pounds of dog ( 2 newfoundlands and a great pyrnees/lab mix) that we haul around all the time. If it doesn't work then I will probably be getting a 2016 Chevy Traverse with only 14K miles on it. The chevy would work - it is large enough but I really really want the Denali to work - for obvious reasons. lol We get all three dogs into the Kia Sorento - but it is a very tight fit. So I am hopeful the additional room of the Acadia Denali will be good enough. It is fully loaded to the max and sooooo pretty. I just have a sinking feeling I am going to want more room. That is OK - the Chevy traverse would still be nice - but well - you know.

I guess that wasn't such a long story short was it?

Asking for a little bit (or a lot) of Moose dust - Pixie dust.. whatever anyone wants to send. Long story short.. We have been down to one car between Ian and I for a year. We let our youngest daughter take Ian's car a year and a half ago because hers was literally falling part and was not reliable to get her back and forth to school (college) and work. She is 4 hours away from us so he took the Vue with the 2nd rebuilt transmission and 160K miles on it and gave her his Mazds CX7. I had a Kia Sorento I had settled on after my 2008 Saturn Outlook, which I love dearly had big time transmission issues at 98K miles. Well the Vue ended up having big engine issues and we were not putting any more money into it. We couldn't afford a 3rd car payment so Ian started driving the Kia. This is only possible because I work from home. Last month we paid the Mazda off. Yippee..... Well tomorrow is the day - one year and one day after becoming carless that I could possibly get a new car. What I really wanted - a 2018 Buick Enclave fully loaded is about 150.00 more a month than we wanted to spend (Ian said he would make it work. I said no. I don't want to go back to having money as tight as it was before our youngest graduated and started supporting herself). I was pretty sad but trying to be an adult about the whole thing. Tomorrow we are going to test drive a brand new 2018 GMC Acadia Denali. I want to be super excited about it but since it was reimagined last year it is smaller than it used to be. That is an issue considering we have 400 pounds of dog ( 2 newfoundlands and a great pyrnees/lab mix) that we haul around all the time. If it doesn't work then I will probably be getting a 2016 Chevy Traverse with only 14K miles on it. The chevy would work - it is large enough but I really really want the Denali to work - for obvious reasons. lol We get all three dogs into the Kia Sorento - but it is a very tight fit. So I am hopeful the additional room of the Acadia Denali will be good enough. It is fully loaded to the max and sooooo pretty. I just have a sinking feeling I am going to want more room. That is OK - the Chevy traverse would still be nice - but well - you know.

I guess that wasn't such a long story short was it?

Good luck with the car shopping! Sometimes fun but mostly not! I know too how the dogs play into everything. I looked at so many vehicles a couple of years ago but none matched up so well as my 2005 Tahoe so it has stayed. No real complaints - it's a good vehicle that I really do like it's just that my husbands Jeep has sooooo many more bells and whistles that I could enjoy on my own vehicle. :laughing:

So I am hopeful the additional room of the Acadia Denali will be good enough. It is fully loaded to the max and sooooo pretty. I just have a sinking feeling I am going to want more room. That is OK - the Chevy traverse would still be nice - but well - you know.

I'm sending some Moose Dust and a Moose Dance in hopes that you get what you would like. I think you made a good call on the 2018 Buick Enclave...you don't want to be "car poor". Is there a chance you could get a 2017 Enclave which might be more financially feasible for you? Whatever you decide, best wishes to you!

Oh yeah, I owe you that Moose Dance!

Moose Dance.gif

I'm sending some Moose Dust and a Moose Dance in hopes that you get what you would like. I think you made a good call on the 2018 Buick Enclave...you don't want to be "car poor". Is there a chance you could get a 2017 Enclave which might be more financially feasible for you? Whatever you decide, best wishes to you!

Oh yeah, I owe you that Moose Dance!

View attachment 303844

I am not sure - I haven't seen one with everything I wanted.

Jen
Moose Dusting you right nowpixiedust: in hopes all goes well and as you wish it too in your car shopping endeavors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter