VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Was this necessary? This is why I rarely post.

Since I had responded to your original post, I want to also assure you that no hateful or malicious intent was present in our responses. I think we were all just trying to respond to your comment about dumping your DVC contract, and offering advice that you might not want to do that. I'm sorry if you took our comments as anything other than trying to help you.

I do share Dean Marino’s sentiments on 11 month availability at your home resort. LynJ asked about studio availability the 1st week in December. I see in Skier Pete’s wonderful availability chart that studios are “spotty” at 11 months for that week. I’m only purchasing enough points at VWL (already paid for, just waiting to close in October) to reserve a studio that week. I’m aware there’s a good possibility I’ll have to wait and go every 2 years and combine points for a 1 bdr. I don’t have a problem with that plan. But if I really wanted a studio and couldn’t get one at 11 months, I would definitely consider dumping my points.

I enjoy staying at different resorts and we generally stay in studios. So to me, the ability to book at other resorts at 7 months is a plus. I don’t think I’d want to stay exclusively at AKV (my original home resort). In fact I’m sure I don’t! Fortunately for me, my preferred Disney stay is the 1st 2 weeks of February ( I love using my HHI points to stay at Poly) and my 2nd favorite resort after VWL is OKW, so I don’t anticipate any difficulty in the near future using my points where and how I want. If that ever changes....... I wouldn’t hesitate to sell my points.

Oh and speaking of availability at 7 months- Boardwalk Preferred/Pool view studio was unavailable at 7 months in March, but Boardwalk view was surprisingly available, so I snatched that up for 4 nights.

Oh and speaking of availability at 7 months- Boardwalk Preferred/Pool view studio was unavailable at 7 months in March, but Boardwalk view was surprisingly available, so I snatched that up for 4 nights.

Crabby...that's awesome! I'm sure you jumped in on someone's cancellation, and glad that it worked out for you! I am a BWV owner but never stayed in a Boardwalk View villa (love those cheap SV villas) but someday I want to splurge for one of those BW View villas. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...y-coming-to-magic-kingdom-in-the-new-year.htm. I may have misspoke by saying parade, more of a dance party. Looks cute.
I do share Dean Marino’s sentiments on 11 month availability at your home resort. LynJ asked about studio availability the 1st week in December. I see in Skier Pete’s wonderful availability chart that studios are “spotty” at 11 months for that week. I’m only purchasing enough points at VWL (already paid for, just waiting to close in October) to reserve a studio that week. I’m aware there’s a good possibility I’ll have to wait and go every 2 years and combine points for a 1 bdr. I don’t have a problem with that plan. But if I really wanted a studio and couldn’t get one at 11 months, I would definitely consider dumping my points.

I enjoy staying at different resorts and we generally stay in studios. So to me, the ability to book at other resorts at 7 months is a plus. I don’t think I’d want to stay exclusively at AKV (my original home resort). In fact I’m sure I don’t! Fortunately for me, my preferred Disney stay is the 1st 2 weeks of February ( I love using my HHI points to stay at Poly) and my 2nd favorite resort after VWL is OKW, so I don’t anticipate any difficulty in the near future using my points where and how I want. If that ever changes....... I wouldn’t hesitate to sell my points.

DVC has to work for when you want to use it for sure! Otherwise there are plenty of other places to stay and visit WDW that don't require anywhere the upfront commitment and early planning. ::yes::

the fireworks photos were through the window, I was enjoying my beverage and snacks too much to get up!

Always great to hear from someone who understands how to relax on vacation!!! Great pictures of the sunset and fireworks. :)

Did you all see the new WDW ticket pricing announcement? Tickets are now for specific dates and pricing is based on the price of the first day of your ticket. And it's not 14 days to use them anymore but is based on the number of days you purchase. It looks like you'll still be able to take a couple of days off from the parks. And if you want the flexibility like already exists then you can add that as an option - ie, pay more to start using the ticket any day you wish and to have 14 days to use it all in.

This fun all starts October 16th and is being done to enhance our experience!

Some days Disney makes my head hurt a little bit. :coffee:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ion-for-vacation-planning-date-based-tickets/

Did you all see the new WDW ticket pricing announcement? Tickets are now for specific dates and pricing is based on the price of the first day of your ticket. And it's not 14 days to use them anymore but is based on the number of days you purchase. It looks like you'll still be able to take a couple of days off from the parks. And if you want the flexibility like already exists then you can add that as an option - ie, pay more to start using the ticket any day you wish and to have 14 days to use it all in.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ion-for-vacation-planning-date-based-tickets/

I did see this. I guess it just makes the annual pass all that more attractive. Though this new system seems to be a thinly disguised price increase, so I wonder if APs will go up as well on October 16?

I totally understand Disney marketing trying to spin this news, but at this point I think they should hand out barf bags with their press releases! ::yes::

I did see this. I guess it just makes the annual pass all that more attractive. Though this new system seems to be a thinly disguised price increase, so I wonder if APs will go up as well on October 16?

Hadn't considered that about AP's. It might be a moment for WDW to just hit everyone with the changes. I hope not though as I have family looking to upgrade to an AP in early November.

I totally understand Disney marketing trying to spin this news, but at this point I think they should hand out barf bags with their press releases! ::yes::

:rotfl2:

:crazy2: Barf up the money! Sums it up well.

They have huge events coming in the next few years with Mickey's 50th, the opening of Star Wars Land and of course WDW's 50th celebration in Oct of 2021.

You can bet that to get into any of the big events you'll either need a press pass or Disney will employ us at minimum wage, garnished for the ticket prices. (bye bye retirement plans, LOL)

Seems like it's time for us to start an official groupie vlog to get those press passes... who has the moose costume today?

:rotfl2:This one was really ridiculous: We have this fancy new magical planning tool for you to figure out which ticket you need - which you only need because we made getting tickets to so complicated that you can't figure them out anymore.

To happy about this ticket thing. Makes me think they will do away with the specials they were offering, like 5 days for the price of 3.

98% of our rooms are studios. We have been members (at VWL/BRV) since 2001. I have never had a hard time getting a studio there at the exact 11 month date. Even for early December and over Christmas. I just call as soon as MS opens or book online as soon as I possibly can. Maybe I have just been lucky. I am not saying that others haven't had a hard time - just responding with my experience.

I posted these photos on another thread for someone inquiring about TOWL. Thought I’d share here...

Pete's dragon snorting fire?

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
98% of our rooms are studios. We have been members (at VWL/BRV) since 2001. I have never had a hard time getting a studio there at the exact 11 month date. Even for early December and over Christmas. I just call as soon as MS opens or book online as soon as I possibly can. Maybe I have just been lucky. I am not saying that others haven't had a hard time - just responding with my experience.
Actually LOVE this. "BUY, where you want to STAY". Get that 11 month window. Let others fight at 7 months :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter