VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hey Gang. Haven't posted in a while, always good to stop back in and read what's been going on via trip reports. We are getting ready for our annual VWL trip this late May, and I had a question. Is Teton still renting the little sea raycer boats? Or can I get them only at the Fort? Never rented one before and my wife and I thought it would be cool to get two, one for her and our daughter and one for my son and I. Thanks in advance.

Seth
I'm afraid I can't offer much other than my admittedly fuzzy memory of our time there a couple of weeks ago. I know they stopped renting bicycles, and the few times I walked by the marina, I don't remember seeing anyone at the rental shop. Were there boats docked? Hmmm, again I don't recall since we weren't looking for them. All that to say, perhaps you could contact the front desk at the Lodge (I'm sure some enterprising person here has it) to double check before you go.

It's Friday, Groupies! Spring is here, though it still feels like winter to many throughout the States. I keep thinking that in about a month, temps will have warmed to the point where it actually feels like what spring signals to our minds. Only a month!

I just looked on the DVC member site and they only list Contemporary and Fort Wilderness as having boat rentals. I know they shut down the marina at Wilderness Lodge during CCV construction, but I thought they had re-opened it. Evidently not? Sorry I don't have better information...hopefully someone else can provide that.

The Sea Raycers and the Pontoon boats have been back at Teton since July 2017. Bicycles were also there, but those have now been discontinued (temporarily?) since the path between WL and FW is closed.

FWIW, I rarely go by what's posted in the Disney site!! Much more accurate information on the boards here (and from my CM DD! :thumbsup2)

The Sea Raycers and the Pontoon boats have been back at Teton since July 2017. Bicycles were also there, but those have now been discontinued (temporarily?) since the path between WL and FW is closed.

FWIW, I rarely go by what's posted in the Disney site!! Much more accurate information on the boards here (and from my CM DD! :thumbsup2)
Nice to have an insider amongst our ranks :goodvibes

Morning, Groupies! Quiet weekend here with some sun and at least mild temps (50s). Other than a couple of brief showers Thursday, we've gone an entire week without significant rain or snow fall. That's the first time we've had a week-long stretch since back in July! Of course, rain moves in tomorrow, but we'll enjoy the day. To help pass the time, while we're doing chores around the house, Luv and I have taken to listening to the Disney World Today loop we found on YouTube (I'm certain it's available on other platforms). That loop is the one that was playing on our TV screen when we were there a couple of weeks ago. It's about an hour loop and contains some oldies (Mickey Mouse theme), to well-known standards ("A Whole New World"), forgotten nuggets ("Go the Distance"), to newer fare ("Travers Goff" theme from Saving Mr. Banks). It's a delightful and uplifting mix of music and puts you in a Disney frame of mind. Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Hello Groupies! :wave2:
I've been gone a little too long.
It's so nice to see that the old gang is alive, well
and growing!
sleepydog I just love the updated first page, great job. :thumbsup2
Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do
take care :flower3:
tea pot! Welcome back! If you're just now seeing the revamped Page 1, then it has been a long time. pirate: Yep, you got some catching up to do, indeed! I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time.

Happy Sunday all! Glad spring has sprung here in our area. It's still cool in the mornings, but so pleasant in the afternoons. Of course we will get about a week of this, and then it will be 90 degrees until October...

I was reading through the posts about the lodge lobby and it reminded me... The weekend we were there for the half marathon, we were going to head over to the running expo to pick up our packets. Both of our daughters had headed over to Roaring Fork to get some breakfast. DH left me in the room to go get some coffee. He told me he would meet me in the lobby. I headed over and he was sitting in the main lobby drinking his coffee. DH has never really been the "Disneyfreak" that I am. He likes it, but it isn't the be end all to him that it is to me. Anyway, he said "This place is still my favorite! I like the other DVC's too, but I just love this place." It made me feel good. Since we have spent a lot of Disney Dollars at the Lodge, I'm glad that it is at least his favorite! :love:

Not sure when our next trip will be, but I'm pretty sure we will just stick with our home resort. I could be happy anywhere, but maybe that will make him happier about "another" trip to the world.

Happy Sunday all! Glad spring has sprung here in our area. It's still cool in the mornings, but so pleasant in the afternoons. Of course we will get about a week of this, and then it will be 90 degrees until October...

I was reading through the posts about the lodge lobby and it reminded me... The weekend we were there for the half marathon, we were going to head over to the running expo to pick up our packets. Both of our daughters had headed over to Roaring Fork to get some breakfast. DH left me in the room to go get some coffee. He told me he would meet me in the lobby. I headed over and he was sitting in the main lobby drinking his coffee. DH has never really been the "Disneyfreak" that I am. He likes it, but it isn't the be end all to him that it is to me. Anyway, he said "This place is still my favorite! I like the other DVC's too, but I just love this place." It made me feel good. Since we have spent a lot of Disney Dollars at the Lodge, I'm glad that it is at least his favorite! :love:

Not sure when our next trip will be, but I'm pretty sure we will just stick with our home resort. I could be happy anywhere, but maybe that will make him happier about "another" trip to the world.

Erin...great story! The Lodge has a way of grabbing hold of people, and I honestly think it would do so even if located somewhere besides WDW. It's just a beautiful resort, and the location on Bay Lake sets it up to be a special place indeed. I'm glad your DH really enjoys the WL vibe, even if he isn't wild about "all things Disney". :)

The past few years we have been known to shuffle around our stays, booking our home, only to swap out at 7 months for a different vibe. Such will not be the case come this Dec. Our hope was to possibly slip over to BLT, but there is no availability, and we are more than 7 months at this point. Would have loved the convenience to walk over to MK with our DGS, he could grab a nap, then back to the park. But having to waitlist for 2 1 bedrooms not likely to come through. Kidani, SSR and OKW are available, but am secretly hoping we stay put at the Lodge. Our DSIL has never stayed there, so feel like he will really like it.

The past few years we have been known to shuffle around our stays, booking our home, only to swap out at 7 months for a different vibe. Such will not be the case come this Dec. Our hope was to possibly slip over to BLT, but there is no availability, and we are more than 7 months at this point. Would have loved the convenience to walk over to MK with our DGS, he could grab a nap, then back to the park. But having to waitlist for 2 1 bedrooms not likely to come through. Kidani, SSR and OKW are available, but am secretly hoping we stay put at the Lodge. Our DSIL has never stayed there, so feel like he will really like it.
Yeah, a single 1BR might work but getting two for the same time frame is less likely. But, the upside is your DSIL would get to experience our home!

TeaPot, so glad to see you! Don't stay away too long again.

We had major thunderstorms yesterday and several areas had major hail (up to golf ball size)
We had a short amount of hail, but they were small and did not last very long.
But now we are soggy again!

I see that the Board now allows advertising in the middle of a post, rather than a stand alone post that you can bypass. It's kind of like looking down at the handle of your grocery cart and finding an advertising sleeve, or watching the TVs while waiting to check out. I'm working weekly to "Unsubscribe" to so many E-Mails that are unsolicited but seem to find me as a Friend who signed up for such nonsense.

It is never ending.

I see that the Board now allows advertising in the middle of a post, rather than a stand alone post that you can bypass. It's kind of like looking down at the handle of your grocery cart and finding an advertising sleeve, or watching the TVs while waiting to check out. I'm working weekly to "Unsubscribe" to so many E-Mails that are unsolicited but seem to find me as a Friend who signed up for such nonsense.

It is never ending.
And then there are those pesky popup ads and news blurbs whenever you visit almost any url. I've gotten quite adept at finding those small "x" icons to close them before they get too far. Inundation doesn't work for me. . .

It is never ending.

And then there are those pesky popup ads and news blurbs whenever you visit almost any url. I've gotten quite adept at finding those small "x" icons to close them before they get too far. Inundation doesn't work for me. . .

Adblock works for the most part. You may have to adjust the settings to get it to blank out what you don't want to see and not what you do.
It's also handy on youtube videos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter