VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thank you all for the advice, kind words, and suggestions. We have put in an offer for some VWL points. Just awaiting the seller's response at this point. If this contract doesn't work we will move on to the next one. We are bound and determined to become VWL owners.

PS: Didn't mean to cause such a stir with the KAT4 nickname lol...

Thank you all for the advice, kind words, and suggestions. We have put in an offer for some VWL points. Just awaiting the seller's response at this point. If this contract doesn't work we will move on to the next one. We are bound and determined to become VWL owners.

haha - just some friendly fun! Good luck with the offer!

Now I have to ask - is my cute little waggling Corgi bottom in my signature showing up for others as blurred out? Are there Corgi "mooning" police after me now too?! :oops:
(It just showed up that way today)

Now I have to ask - is my cute little waggling Corgi bottom in my signature showing up for others as blurred out? Are there Corgi "mooning" police after me now too?! :oops:
(It just showed up that way today)

Blurred for me.

Best of luck! And we tend to tease each other quite a bit. I've "only" been a member of this group for the past seven years or so (others have been around much longer), but I will tell you there's never been a cross word or moment between anyone on here. It's not in our DNA. . .it IS in our manner to stir up innocent trouble, though. pirate: Again, best wishes as you move forward with your plans!

Good Morning VWL/BRV Lovers,

My wife and I are current owners at SSR (since 2006) and absolutely love SSR. However, we fell in love with Wilderness Lodge Villas when staying there and just love the theme and atmosphere. We have decided we are going to add-on through resale at VWL (we continue to call it VWL). We were hoping you fine folks (buttering you up) could provide some feedback for us.

1) We are studio people. Just love the studios. They fit us and our style perfectly. We spend our summers as well as weekends in the spring and fall in a 450 sq ft trailer/cottage and every now and then find it to big lol. DW is a teacher so pre-retirement (the next 10 years) we travel March Break, summer, and usually the week following Christmas (including New Years Eve/Day) when using DVC. Once we hit retirement we plan on traveling to our DVCs pre-Christmas, January, maybe early November and early spring (avoiding Easter). So, I know this has likely been asked a 1000 times but what are our chances at studios at 11 months?

2) We love going out for table service at dinner time (will continue to do this even during retirement). Whispering Canyon is one of those once per trip (at most) table services for us and now that Artist Point is a character meal it is pretty much out the window for us. In other words, we will have to head off the resort to go for table service meals. If we have our car with us then great but often we fly (even will in retirement). What do y'all do for table service when staying at VWL?

Thanks in advance for your time...
We enjoy the Wave at the Contemporary, and it’s just a boat ride away from the Lodge. After our meal, we often go to TOTW to see the fireworks at MK.

Thanks! Well I wonder what's causing it for some but not all? Interesting.
It depends on photobucket. This is their new thing to pull in more money.
I no longer have a photobucket account so I'm seeing all the stamps and fuzzies on anyones gifs and photos hosted there.

Try uploading to the Disboard's site and link to there. :)

It depends on photobucket. This is their new thing to pull in more money.
I no longer have a photobucket account so I'm seeing all the stamps and fuzzies on anyones gifs and photos hosted there.

Try uploading to the Disboard's site and link to there. :)

Thanks Cindy! Yep, that's it! I know they had put the banner on things but this was something new.

Now as sad as that is for my risque little corgi there's something worse because all the pictures at the start of our groupie thread are getting the same treatment. :sad1:

Thanks Cindy! Yep, that's it! I know they had put the banner on things but this was something new.

Now as sad as that is for my risque little corgi there's something worse because all the pictures at the start of our groupie thread are getting the same treatment. :sad1:
Actually, on my computer, I virtually see no pictures at all, only Stan. Well, photobucket, that is likely the nail in the coffin for my business with you. I understand that they are a business, but I simply don't use their service enough to warrant paying their fees. I believe I have plenty of pictures on my phone that are of sufficient quality to replace those on Page 1. Plus, we'll be there in December, so I can take more.

Barring that, if anyone who is more technically proficient than am I wished to take over the duties of Page 1, I would cede the mantle. This is not a plea for someone to replace me, just an acknowledgement that there may be others who want to keep the flame going and are smarter than me. We can put it to a vote of the mystic tribunal, exchange information about our offshore accounts, and work on the secret handshake if anyone is interested. pirate:

Update: I've edited Page 1 to acknowledge the temporary lack of pictures. More to follow. . .

Last edited:
Actually, on my computer, I virtually see no pictures at all, only Stan. Well, photobucket, that is likely the nail in the coffin for my business with you. I understand that they are a business, but I simply don't use their service enough to warrant paying their fees. I believe I have plenty of pictures on my phone that are of sufficient quality to replace those on Page 1. Plus, we'll be there in December, so I can take more.

Barring that, if anyone who is more technically proficient than am I wished to take over the duties of Page 1, I would cede the mantle. This is not a plea for someone to replace me, just an acknowledgement that there may be others who want to keep the flame going and are smarter than me. We can put it to a vote of the mystic tribunal, exchange information about our offshore accounts, and work on the secret handshake if anyone is interested. pirate:

Update: I've edited Page 1 to acknowledge the temporary lack of pictures. More to follow. . .

After first noticing it only on my Corgi I'm now seeing it everywhere! Sleepy - your signature pic with the lodge is also blurred out for us non-paying photobucket people. I gave up on them when they first went from free to asking me to pay them something like $499/year or so? They backed down from that and came in lower later but they had already lost me with that notice.

If you still have those pictures you'd be able to directly load them via the "attach files" button that is now available to get them back in to replace without them having to be hosted anywhere. (I'm still looking for my Corgi - I know I have it somewhere!) I also have some pictures I could either send you links or email you the photos. Let me know if you'd like any!

After first noticing it only on my Corgi I'm now seeing it everywhere! Sleepy - your signature pic with the lodge is also blurred out for us non-paying photobucket people. I gave up on them when they first went from free to asking me to pay them something like $499/year or so? They backed down from that and came in lower later but they had already lost me with that notice.

If you still have those pictures you'd be able to directly load them via the "attach files" button that is now available to get them back in to replace without them having to be hosted anywhere. (I'm still looking for my Corgi - I know I have it somewhere!) I also have some pictures I could either send you links or email you the photos. Let me know if you'd like any!
Yeah, I noticed. I have tons of pictures on my phone, many of them from our frequent trips to the Lodge. I think there will be plenty to replace what we had. My only issue might be if either Chris or I am in the pictures too much. One or two, I don't mind, but this isn't the Luv and Sleepydog show. If I need some, I figured others would have some they could send me. In fact, come to think of it, perhaps we should have a separate section/link on Page 1 for photo favorites or perhaps start a related, linkable thread as a separate entity.

Sleepy...great job on updating the copy on Page 1 in a humorous, informative way as always! :thumbsup2

Since I had a post on the bottom portion of Page 1, I just swapped out my blurry photobucket pix with a few other ones that I had readily available. I think you do a great job, but I also recognize that you have been updating Page 1 for 5 1/2 years now. I'd be happy to help but the only way I know how to accomplish that would be to start an entire new thread so that we could keep the information in the same locations.

@sleepydog25 Your last photo is blurred for me - the side view of the lodge.
Yeah, that's a "photo bouquet" shot which, fortunately, I have on my phone!
Sleepy...great job on updating the copy on Page 1 in a humorous, informative way as always! :thumbsup2

Since I had a post on the bottom portion of Page 1, I just swapped out my blurry photobucket pix with a few other ones that I had readily available. I think you do a great job, but I also recognize that you have been updating Page 1 for 5 1/2 years now. I'd be happy to help but the only way I know how to accomplish that would be to start an entire new thread so that we could keep the information in the same locations.
Thanks, Granny! I figure why be just boring when you can be humorous AND boring.

As for the thread, you are correct, I believe--we'd have to start over with a new page. Honestly, I like the fact we have such a legacy on the DIS--we're one of the longest running, most visited, and most commented upon threads in the entire DISverse. And I'm more than happy to continue updating Page 1, but I also recognize that others have more smarts than me when it comes to "hosting" a page or thread (mrsap on the CCV thread has done a great job, for example). Regardless, I hope to have more pics up by this weekend when my pesky daytime job leaves me alone. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter