VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Gary is soooooo on my CP bucket list, I adore him! Neil Patrick Harris was on my list, and we were able to see him last year. Have also seen Kurt Russell, Robby Benson (He even used his Beast voice at one point!, he was awesome)! Jody Benson, and I honestly cannot recall who else we have seen for the CP, but there are a few more.

years ago - like in the mid 80's we sat a few rows behind Robby Benson and his wife on an airplane. He was a teenage crush so it was quite the thrill.

I had a bit of drama planning our stay for next summer. It had to do with points of course - borrowing(only being able to borrow half of 2022 points) and one time use. So while I got part of our trip next summer booked it is not a simple one and done booking that I wish it was. We want 14 days total in a DVC resort - 10 at BRV and 4 at Vero. All I can do at this point is book a week at BRV (which I did) and a week at Vero (which I will do next Thursday). Then at the 7th month window I have to call and hopefully (crossing fingers) take the first 3 nights of our Vero stay and add them onto the end of our BRV stay. That will require and extra 19 points that I want to purchase one time use points for.

Worse come to worse - we will have a week at WDW and a week at Vero. We like Vero a lot but get bored after a few nights so I am really hoping we can shorten that stay and extend our BRV stay.

This Disney vacation planning stuff is hard work and not for the faint of heart! :crazy2::rotfl2:

So I finally received the masks I preordered from Disney Store back in May. Even though I had read a number of reports of them being too small, I held out hope that they would be OK. Now, they are super cute, but, the size medium could easily be a child’s size medium....for reference, here is a photo of one compared to the masks I purchased from old navy.....

41F5CF68-FC94-4693-9055-0600740F84DB.jpeg

For me it's French Quarter. It's got a great atmosphere and the staff are always great for some reason. The pool with the serpent slide is fun for kids. The landscaping is some of the best at any any moderate resort. I really love that you can take the water taxi from Disney Springs. At night it even reminds me of the Jungle Cruise. The food court I think is the best of any moderate. It's got some Louisiana favorites and not just chicken, hamburgers and fries.
The one problem is there is only the one stop in front and it's a bit of a walk if you're at the back, but this is a smaller resort and the walks are so nice. Of course it's closed now. I do not know when it will reopen. Probably not till parks are back up in full operation.

So I finally received the masks I preordered from Disney Store back in May. Even though I had read a number of reports of them being too small, I held out hope that they would be OK. Now, they are super cute, but, the size medium could easily be a child’s size medium....for reference, here is a photo of one compared to the masks I purchased from old navy.....

View attachment 515268
Yeah I had heard that you really need to order them large. I want to go to the Disney store sometime and buy just one so I can see how it is before getting more.

View attachment 515268

That is disappointing!

View attachment 515268
Even the large I ordered is still smaller than other masks that I have. At least I knew what to expect after reading about them online. The distance from nose to chin is OK, but the sides don't come over as far. I haven't worn mine yet, but I plan to on one of my visits to my granddaughter. If she tries to pull it off, I'll have my regular ones in my bag!

Even the large I ordered is still smaller than other masks that I have. At least I knew what to expect after reading about them online. The distance from nose to chin is OK, but the sides don't come over as far. I haven't worn mine yet, but I plan to on one of my visits to my granddaughter. If she tries to pull it off, I'll have my regular ones in my bag!
Yeah when I look at the picture Corinne posted I can see what you mean.

Yeah I had heard that you really need to order them large. I want to go to the Disney store sometime and buy just one so I can see how it is before getting more.

There's a lot of Etsy shops that have "real" masks with Disney theme fabric. I'd just go with one of those. Lots of posts that even the same size Disney shop masks (like Large) are varying in actual comparison to each other so it doesn't sound like you can count on them even if you've seen one.

There's a lot of Etsy shops that have "real" masks with Disney theme fabric. I'd just go with one of those. Lots of posts that even the same size Disney shop masks (like Large) are varying in actual comparison to each other so it doesn't sound like you can count on them even if you've seen one.
Yeah I haven't seen very many positive reviews on the Disney masks that they sell in the parks. My aunt works at a candy store and they also sell masks for a good price and has gotten me a couple Disney ones that a local woman sews. She can get them for $3. I gotta admit they aren't perfect as far as the quality of how they are sewn but for $3 they are worth it. It's just like the folds aren't straight No biggie. I considered making my own but haven't gotten anywhere that I can get fabric. Went on Hobby Lobby website but the affordable fabric is all out of stock.

Question: If you were in Territory Lounge right now, what would you be ordering?

I realized after I typed this that I have no idea what is available there since Artist Point has been taken over by Snow White. I always used to have the mushroom soup and share nachos. And I'd order the agave Margarita. Would love to hear your suggestions!

Question: If you were in Territory Lounge right now, what would you be ordering?

I realized after I typed this that I have no idea what is available there since Artist Point has been taken over by Snow White. I always used to have the mushroom soup and share nachos. And I'd order the agave Margarita. Would love to hear your suggestions!
Definitely would have been the mushroom bisque and a nice Chardonnay from Washington or Oregon. What a great combination! That being said, if you want to be slightly deflated, read my current response below. I made the print small, like a whisper. pirate:

TL isn't currently open and neither is the character dining in what used to be AP. Even if TL was open, I don't know that we'd patronize it. First, to my knowledge, the hallowed mushroom bisque is no longer on the menu, and that would be about the only thing we would want from there. Second, the last time we did go there, TL was swamped by families waiting for their reservations for the Storybook meal, so it wasn't a very relaxing experience. I doubt we'll ever go back.

Great question bluecastle!
Pork Sliders if Im real hungry, Pretzel Bread and Fondue if sharing, plus nachos aren't bad either. We tend to go later after the Snow White crowds have died so its a bit more subdued, though its still not the same ol TL it used to be. Geyser Point has earned kudos with me. So wish AP and TL would go back to both of their former selves.

Whats your favorite lounge in a resort and a park and why?
For me, resort wide, I would say TOTWL earns the top spot, with Geyser Pt in close 2nd. TOTWL is so relaxing, and laid back. Territory Lounge would have remained on this list had Snow not showed up :rotfl2:
GP has cool vibe about it and the CMs there are very friendly. Nice on a crisp night to sit by the water.

Parks, Rose n Crown, though very noisy, gives you the neighborhood feel of a place, except in a neighborhood over the pond. Brings memories back of our short time in England. Brown Derby Lounge and 50s Tune In Lounge when you can grab a seat at either are cool places to take a load off, enjoy some small plates and a drink, or 2

Has anyone gotten groceries delivered recently, specifically from Amazon Prime Now? Can they still deliver to bell services when you’re not there, and will bell services bring your groceries up to you?

We’ve had so many fond memories at TL and TOWL, especially with Groupies! My hubby and son really enjoy the crispy Asian chicken wings, and I like the nachos. A delish libation and fun company make it even more enjoyable!

What are the differences between the Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek Villas?
Boulder Ridge is the original Wilderness Lodge building, while Copper Creek is comprised of former hotel rooms in the main building (and the waterfront cabins). Copper Creek is newer, rooms are slightly larger at Boulder Ridge.

So it doesn't really matter which one as long as you are at the WL. I have to try to sell the wife and kids on this one, as it is my favorite. They want to stay at the Bay Lake Tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter