VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jim and Leslie
It’s so great to see you folks back here! We love having new folks join and we have been fortunate to watch what we used to refer to as “our little band of groupies”
grow to maybe 200-300 strong over the years. But is awesome when some of our longtime friends return from what curves life has thrown them and let them know we are still here and we love seeing them
So please neither one of you be strangers as we are growing, but holding tight to our past😊

Hey Jim!!
Jim, I remember you guys having the one and only studio that didn't have a balcony and all of us scratching our heads on why that was so. That balcony comes up in conversation every once in awhile here.

Its so great to see you back here on the groupies!! Please dont be a stranger. Remember, once a groupie, always a groupie:grouphug:

does the room also have a view of the dumpster? perhaps @KAT4DISNEY has stayed in it! :rotfl2::poop:

We are here. . .as in HHI. It's been a long, at times arduous, journey. Many roadblocks, lots of sleepless nights, thoughts of "what's the next thing that will go wrong?" Yesterday, for example, we lost our movers because we had to keep switching the closing date on our old house due to the buyers dragging their feet. So, Luv and I loaded everything. . .in the rain from ex-Hurrican Sally. Even today, when we thought everything was done, there was one last "gotcha" moment where we thought we would have to dash out to the bank and cut a large cashier's check at the last minute. But, we didn't. . .and we're in our new home, boxes everywhere; furniture strewn about. What's worse is the sellers left a crap ton of items from couches, to cabinets, to lamps, and the dining room set (which I actually love). So, we have to quickly whittle down what we want to keep and what to donate. You know what, though? We actually made it. We now call HHI our home.

Re: Disney, BREAKING NEWS! Luv is now officially a member of the Disney team! She was called as we drove down today and offered a part-time gig at the front desk/reception. There were over 100 applicants, and 16 FaceTime/Zoom interviews out of that 100. She landed the gig. I start onboarding on Tuesday, she the following Tuesday. I'll have the seniority; she'll get paid more. lol She's thrilled, of course, even while realizing you're not always catching people at their best when they check-in: long drives, poor flights, hot days can all bring challenges, but she's up to them. So, I get three days to enjoy the new house, and she'll get another week after that. Still, they're Disney jobs.

Have a grand weekend, Groupies!

We are here. . .as in HHI. It's been a long, at times arduous, journey. Many roadblocks, lots of sleepless nights, thoughts of "what's the next thing that will go wrong?" Yesterday, for example, we lost our movers because we had to keep switching the closing date on our old house due to the buyers dragging their feet. So, Luv and I loaded everything. . .in the rain from ex-Hurrican Sally. Even today, when we thought everything was done, there was one last "gotcha" moment where we thought we would have to dash out to the bank and cut a large cashier's check at the last minute. But, we didn't. . .and we're in our new home, boxes everywhere; furniture strewn about. What's worse is the sellers left a crap ton of items from couches, to cabinets, to lamps, and the dining room set (which I actually love). So, we have to quickly whittle down what we want to keep and what to donate. You know what, though? We actually made it. We now call HHI our home.

Re: Disney, BREAKING NEWS! Luv is now officially a member of the Disney team! She was called as we drove down today and offered a part-time gig at the front desk/reception. There were over 100 applicants, and 16 FaceTime/Zoom interviews out of that 100. She landed the gig. I start onboarding on Tuesday, she the following Tuesday. I'll have the seniority; she'll get paid more. lol She's thrilled, of course, even while realizing you're not always catching people at their best when they check-in: long drives, poor flights, hot days can all bring challenges, but she's up to them. So, I get three days to enjoy the new house, and she'll get another week after that. Still, they're Disney jobs.

I am so very happy for both of you. How exciting!,, can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

Congratulations on both getting there, finally, and for both of you joining the Disney family. Sorry you had to move yourselves! What a nightmare. But now at least you feel like the big part is done and once you start arranging things, you will begin to feel you are home.
I was wondering if that is a river or lake behind your house? Will you have to watch out for snakes and alligators? Being a northern girl originally, I guess I may be jumping to conclusions, sorry!

Congrats Sleepy!
And yes, the Mrs should always make more than the Mr.
This is the way.

Congratulations on both getting there, finally, and for both of you joining the Disney family. Sorry you had to move yourselves! What a nightmare. But now at least you feel like the big part is done and once you start arranging things, you will begin to feel you are home.
I was wondering if that is a river or lake behind your house? Will you have to watch out for snakes and alligators? Being a northern girl originally, I guess I may be jumping to conclusions, sorry!
Myrtle beach has a few big gators, we know becuase a hurricane took down the divider between my parent's property and the sanctuary next door and guess who loved the pool? I'm willing to bet HHI has some too. Don't leave any small animals or children out unattended.

Last edited:
Sleepy! You made it! All of the hurdles makes it that much sweeter! Congrats to Luv, that is so great! As I’ve said, I am thrilled for you, and look forward to hearing how this new chapter in your life unfolds!

PS....good for you looking at the silver lining....a nice dining room set!

PPS...I can’t wait for Luv to check us in at our First Annual BHGMHHI!!!!!!

woooooo! :grouphug:

You know what, though? We actually made it. We now call HHI our home.
Great news!
Wow! Everything is falling into place perfectly. :)

Sleepy....congrats on moving into your new home! While it sounds like the move was another one of life's adventures, I'm glad that you made it safely and are getting ready to make the house your home one box at a time. :)

Thanks for sharing your decision and moving process with us. We are all excited for you, and we are proud to be friends with Disney's newest CM's! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Sleepy and Luv
Congrats on the big move! I’m sorry you folks had to go through so much in the end result, but I’m glad you are there safe n sound and I’m going to miss you guys not being around the corner😭😭😭or a few corners from me. But as has been said before, GROUPIE MEET AT SLEEPY AND LUVS!!! So looking forward to that😊

And awesome awesome news about Chris getting the PT job!!! Sweeeeet😊😊!!!! Can’t wait for her to check us in!!

Disney just gained some new CMs that get it and have it, the DisneySpirit that is!!

And now you guys are so much closer to WDW too, Bonus!!

Enjoy your new life together and surroundings together

Congrats Sleepy and Luv on the big move and starting new jobs!:banana::banana:

Welcome to all the new groupies, and welcome back to all the groupies that have been away for a while. It is hard to believe how much has changed in my life since I joined this group. When I first came here I was already an owner at AKV, I wanted to add on points and was wondering if vWL would be a good add on. In a momentary flash of brilliance I came to ask that question of this totally unbiased group, and of course, based on the response, ended up adding on at vWL. This thread has been my DISBoard home ever since, even though I am not regularly active on it any more.

This thread helped me keep sane 11 years ago when my eldest daughter learned to drive. I enjoyed the light hearted support. Since then she has gotten married and has just recently bought a house. My youngest has also just bought a house. We will soon truly be empty nesters. So between now and Christmas we have two to help settle in their new homes.

I cancelled my trip to the world for this December due to COVID. I had held onto it as long as I could in the hope that COVID would decrease, but that did not work out. Just this weekend I also cancelled my Jan/Feb trip as I do not believe things will have settled by then either. So for the first time in forever (bet you sang that), I have no current Disney trips planned. That leaves me 158 banked points that will expire if I do not use them prior to end Sept 2021 so hopefully I will get to go before then. If not, I will start my first foray into RCI.

Wishing all the past and present groupies health and happiness.

Hi Groupies,

If anyone requested an AP refund, have you received any information or refund yet?

The

It's very comforting to have a constant like this place, especially during such an unsettled time. No matter how long I stay away, I love knowing that this core group of lodge lovers is always here and ready to help and advise. It's like having a bit of the lodge to come home to.

I feel the same way. Life has been so busy here that I rarely have time to check in. But it is nice to know all of you are here and I can catch up easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter