Wait list question and one time use points or transfer points

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am looking to book our home resort for early December 2018 - AKV -- the studio would only require 44 points ( this would be borrowing from our 2019 points).

I am interested in waitlisting when the time comes for another resort, but looking at the other points requirements it would take about 60-64 points ( we really only have 51 total 2019 points available)

My question is -- can you only purchase the one time use points when you are actually making a reservation - or can you purchase with hopes to use for a waitlist. My guess is no, but figured i would ask.

As a back up i could look into a transfer of points -- so with a transfer of points in my account --could a waitlist go through or would i need to make a call to MS to use the transfer points

Or if all else fails we just stay at AKV -- which we certainly wouldn't mind seeing it during the christmas season.

You can only purchase OTU points when making a reservation with MS on the phone.

MS has problems with transferred points, I wouldn't count on them applying them to a waitlist.

:earsboy: Bill

You can only purchase OTU points when making a reservation with MS on the phone.

MS has problems with transferred points, I wouldn't count on them applying them to a waitlist.

:earsboy: Bill
Ok, so with transferred points, is it where a member will pay another member for extra points that can be put into their account? If so, is that usually cheaper than buying the one time points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!