• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait List Question

betsywdw

DIS Veteran
How often does the wait list work out? I am currently booking our first "DVC Member" trip and I have to be on a wait list for our last 2 nights. Just curious if this is something that tends to work or if you end up having to switch resorts? TIA!

How often does the wait list work out? I am currently booking our first "DVC Member" trip and I have to be on a wait list for our last 2 nights. Just curious if this is something that tends to work or if you end up having to switch resorts? TIA!

Probably depends on which resort you are wait listed for. We got our wait list for BWV, boardwalk view, week days just a couple of weeks after getting on the list. I WAS SHOCKED. It also depends on when you are going and how long you have before your trip. Our trip is in Aug. and we got our wait list about 2 weeks ago. We are staying SSR the first 5 days starting Aug. 15 then switching to BWV for our last 4. GOOD LUCK. Let us know more details about your trip so people can better advise you. :goodvibes

Probably depends on which resort you are wait listed for. We got our wait list for BWV, boardwalk view, week days just a couple of weeks after getting on the list. I WAS SHOCKED. It also depends on when you are going and how long you have before your trip. Our trip is in Aug. and we got our wait list about 2 weeks ago. We are staying SSR the first 5 days starting Aug. 15 then switching to BWV for our last 4. GOOD LUCK. Let us know more details about your trip so people can better advise you. :goodvibes

We are going October 21-26 and attempting to stay at the VWL. DD will be about 19mos by then and we would love to have the ferry to the MK. We took her in Feb and stayed at the Poly and we are now spoiled! Having the monorail to take us right over was too nice! I was only able to book the first night and I will continue to do the rest of the nights each day this week. MS told me that so far the first 3 nights are availalbe but I will probably have to be on a waitlist for the last 2 unless something changes until then. I was also thinking that if it doesn't come up, I could always stay there the first 3 nights and do our MK visits during that time and then switch to another resort. Obvioiusly I would rather stay at VWL the whole trip but we'll see. That is wonderful that you got into BWV! That gives me a little glimmer of hope that I will be able to get in to VWL also!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter