Wait. . .what?!? DDP includes alcoholic beverages???

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
Wow, clearly I've been out of the loop for awhile. We haven't used DDP since probably 2010. We are going to be in WDW this May for three days before/after our cruise, and in addition to our own kids, 19 and 22, we will have two others, 18 and 21. I just started looking back into the DDP, thinking it might save us some money with these older hungry kids and the restaurants we are wanting to eat at. In the past, I remember we always struggled to eat our desserts and always had to pay extra because we like an alcoholic beverage with our meals. It looks like the dessert has been traded for an alcoholic beverage?? I'm kicking myself for not knowing this sooner!

I'm guessing one alcoholic beverage would also be included at buffets or family style meals like Cape May or Ohana?

One alcoholic beverage is included at buffets, and at those meals you can also usually get (at least in my experience) another included beverage like coffee, soda, or tea. I was so exhausted, cold and wet after our long rainy day at DHS that I ordered a glass of wine and a hot tea as soon as I sat down at H&V.

I am excited to experience this change in my June trip. I love a cocktail, and now have an excuse to try lots!

They gave me the option to get a dessert instead of a drink with my meal in our resort QS location. Don’t know if this would be an option other places or just there since I had my rapid fill cup.

Having the alcohol option was nice since it allowed us to try some drinks we’d normally not go for.

I'm heavily leaning toward a solo two-day/one-night trip next month and the alcohol inclusion is the only way I can talk myself into QSDP being worth it.

Is a great addition. We did 3 days in October and while we aren't huge drinkers in our family, it was nice to be able to get a cocktail and (once a milkshake) and an additional drink.

It also includes the alcoholic options with the glow cubes, which we thought was really fun and also the drinks were tasty! I think the only no go was the drink at Ohana in the pineapple, though some were still able to get the drink, just not the pineapple. We have baggie full of glow cubes from our last trip.

Unfortunately most of the kids souvenir cups/ with glow clips are not included.

It also includes the alcoholic options with the glow cubes, which we thought was really fun and also the drinks were tasty! I think the only no go was the drink at Ohana in the pineapple, though some were still able to get the drink, just not the pineapple. We have baggie full of glow cubes from our last trip.

Unfortunately most of the kids souvenir cups/ with glow clips are not included.
OMG, the Orbiting Oreos drink at Sci-Fi was so good - the glow cube was just a happy bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter