Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

Aulani Same UY
Closed: 1/29
New contract appears on Site: 2/7
Points loading: pending

No email/letter received yet

This is good data. I will start editing the first post of this thread with the current wait times as I get data points like this. Make it easy on new readers to reference without scrolling through many pages of "when will my points show?"! Thumbs up if you think this exercise will be useful.

I have two more in the pipeline, will update over the next couple weeks.

BCV: deed recorded 2/4/20... waiting for contract to appear in account
VGF: deed recorded 2/5/20... waiting for contract to appear in account

Wondering for existing members, same UY vs. different UY will make a difference? In theory, different UY involves more work...

I am waiting for my SSR, closed on 2/5, vacation early June, so just day by day witnessing intended rooms disappear, pretty hard :)

Wondering for existing members, same UY vs. different UY will make a difference? In theory, different UY involves more work...

I am waiting for my SSR, closed on 2/5, vacation early June, so just day by day witnessing intended rooms disappear, pretty hard :)

Different UY is different membership. So you can’t combine points for a single night using both without a transfer Transferred points can not be used online either, so you lose the one hour advantage by having to call MS.

I closed with my resale contract on Jan 21/20. I received my activation code last Wednesday (February 5/20) but did not receive my membership ID yet. I called member services but the person I spoke to said my paperwork isn't ready yet. Why would I have received my activation code then? I am really hoping to book for July and the waiting is driving me crazy! What should I do? Call again? Try to be patient?? Help please! :)
I advise “call again”. Definitely. And share with them your plans...sometimes it brings out the Pixies.

Want to share a little behind-the-scenes info I learned today.

So I closed a resale contract on 8/26/19 and the membership ID showed up on my member homepage on 8/30/19.

Reading the forums, it typically seems to take 7-10 days for points to populate on the member homepage after the new membership ID (MID) shows up. Today is day 10 after MID showed up and still no points. Assumed there is delay because Hurricane Dorian showed up during that 7-10 day period for members like me. I called Member Admin this morning and verified the window has been delayed to up to 14 days. The CM was pretty detailed, letting me know that they are working on populating 8/28 points this morning, with 8 or so contracts left. 8/29 has over 20, and so does 8/30. She estimates they should be done in 2 to 3 days.

Ugh can't wait!

EDITED TO ADD:

Not sure how many new readers to this thread will actually read this original post, so hit "thumbs up" if you think it is useful...

Date of Addendum: Sat 2/10/2020
Date of Posts Below: Fri 2/10/2020; Tues 2/4/2020

LATEST DATA POINTS:
Monday 2/10/2020
Current # of days to points from deed recording: 12 days.

Fri 2/7/2020
Current # of days to points from contract being visible on member site: 7-10 days.

Tues 2/4/2020
Current # of days to points from deed recording: 18-24 days.
Updated based on @montreid's latest data point.

I advise “call again”. Definitely. And share with them your plans...sometimes it brings out the Pixies.
I had my points loaded using the chat feature. This was around 9 days after the contract appeared in my account. At first they said it could be another 10 days, I politely thanked them and added sad emoji. They responded with “wait one moment, I’ll give you a better idea”. Two minutes later they asked me to sign out and sign back in because my points will magically appear. It was a very nice moment.

We closed 1/17. Recorded 1/22. Contract visible on account 1/31 and still no points! Should I be concerned that people after me are seeing points?

I had my points loaded using the chat feature. This was around 9 days after the contract appeared in my account. At first they said it could be another 10 days, I politely thanked them and added sad emoji. They responded with “wait one moment, I’ll give you a better idea”. Two minutes later they asked me to sign out and sign back in because my points will magically appear. It was a very nice moment.

Wow. You are lucky....I have called and been told too bad - it takes 10-14 days to load. Tried chat and got this. "That is a great question and I will be happy to answer it for you. I am sorry. I am unable to assist you with this via chat. I know it can take 10-14 days from your new Membership was created for the Vacation Points to appear in your account. If you need them sooner, you need to call Member Services for assistance and they can have the added to your account immediately for you."

I think I will call one more time but I hit my 11 month booking window for next Jan tomorrow and seeing as I am trying to book a standard studio at Boardwalk...I need those points for that 11 month advantage or I won't get the room I am hoping for.

I totally get this :(

Different UY is different membership. So you can’t combine points for a single night using both without a transfer Transferred points can not be used online either, so you lose the one hour advantage by having to call MS.
But, if I buy same Use Year, and it also happens to be the same home resort, will it be pretty transparent when I'm using the online booking tool?
Will the resale points just show up as another contract under the existing direct contracts?
(Fingers crossed -- just made offer on first resale contract):-)
ET:)

Update: Closed 1/17. Recorded 1/22. Contract visible 1/31. Points loaded 2/11. So 3 weeks between recording and points visible to book.

Update: Closed 1/17. Recorded 1/22. Contract visible 1/31. Points loaded 2/11. So 3 weeks between recording and points visible to book.
Ugh I hope so for us! Our three weeks will be Friday and we are going in sept! We are in our seven month window alread 😭

My contract for an add-on closed 1/20 and was visible in my account 1/29. I'm disappointed that the points have still not been loaded in, even though it's just shy of 2 weeks. I am not in a rush to use the new points but it's still so strange to me that it's taking so long as this has never happened before with my earlier add-ons.

But, if I buy same Use Year, and it also happens to be the same home resort, will it be pretty transparent when I'm using the online booking tool?
Will the resale points just show up as another contract under the existing direct contracts?
(Fingers crossed -- just made offer on first resale contract):-)
ET:)

Yes, you will see the contracts listed on their own as you go to book.

My contract for an add-on closed 1/20 and was visible in my account 1/29. I'm disappointed that the points have still not been loaded in, even though it's just shy of 2 weeks. I am not in a rush to use the new points but it's still so strange to me that it's taking so long as this has never happened before with my earlier add-ons.
So strange - 15 minutes after I posted this, I suddenly have points loaded in my account!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter