Waitlist during this weird time

One of my days popped up today that I have a waitlist on. So I grabbed it. Then I canceled my waitlist, and you know that the exact day popped up available which probably means it had grabbed it earlier, but never processed. I still have an old waitlist for another date (Feb 1) and a new one for a different date (Jan 25) so back to stalking. If the phone ever lightens up, I’ll try calling. So now I’m only missing 2 nights and the 7 month window just opened. 🤞🤞

I got my second waitlist, sort of, again. I grabbed my missing day and booked it. Canceled my Waitlist and the day popped up, which means I had been matched. It’s too bad they don’t process sooner, or indicate on your dashboard that it’s being processed. So now I have a new waitlist. Monday January 25th. One night. It will complete my full house......wait for it.....24 nights, Bwv standard studio. Plus HHI 2 nights before and 1 night after. Just the 2 of us.....yes, I’m using up my banked points before I lose them. I figured it’s warmer there then home in WV. So this is my Plan C, and my Plan D is to booked a 2 bedroom at HHI for 10 nights and invited the kids to drive down. HHI is a 9 hr drive from home.

What is the limit on waitlists again? 2 per UY per membership right? If it gets matched its used up but if I cancel it I can use the wl for something else.

What is the limit on waitlists again? 2 per UY per membership right? If it gets matched its used up but if I cancel it I can use the wl for something else.

yes, correct. 2 current waitlist, but as soon as it’s filled, you can waitlist again.

yes, correct. 2 current waitlist, but as soon as it’s filled, you can waitlist again.

To add, its 2 per UY of The trip. If you have trips that are in different actual UYs, it can be more,

I had 2 for my March trip which was in my August 2020 UY earlier this year, but also had another one for my August trip, which was in my 2021 UY At the same time!

ETA. It should read my 2019 UY and 2020
UY!! Lol

Last edited:
I had a WL for 1 night at CC. Piecing together a week for Sprong Break. I have been checking myself every chance for 2 weeks. Finally popped up today and I took it. WL canceled. At some point I will contact MS to merge the 3 reservations.

To add, its 2 per UY of The trip. If you have trips that are in different actual UYs, it can be more,

I had 2 for my March trip which was in my August 2020 UY earlier this year, but also had another one for my August trip, which was in my 2021 UY At the same time!

im always amazed that some members don’t know this. I recently posted this on FB and a member wanted to argue that I was wrong until I showed her a screenshot of my dashboard with 3 waitlist. 2 for January and 1 for April. I’m an April UY. Most people think it’s 2 per calendar year.

I totally did not know this, and I thought I knew almost all there was to know.

Also, just so everyone is aware, neither of my 2 individual nights been taken off of the waitlist yet for the first weekend in November. I am gearing up to call MS next week to add on our Magical Express, so maybe I will ask then if we have matched and it just has not been processed

I did not know this as well. Thanks for the tip!

Waitlist is definitely working! I called in to MS regarding a non waitlist question and was told by the cast member that both of my waitlists had matched —so he finalized the reservations with me on the phone. One was to add a single night to my thanksgiving week at Jambo value studio and the other waitlist was for a 4 night stay for BW standard studio in January. I check the website near daily for these dates and I never saw it pop up. Yay! I can now set up two more waitlists!

Waitlist is definitely working! I called in to MS regarding a non waitlist question and was told by the cast member that both of my waitlists had matched —so he finalized the reservations with me on the phone. One was to add a single night to my thanksgiving week at Jambo value studio and the other waitlist was for a 4 night stay for BW standard studio in January. I check the website near daily for these dates and I never saw it pop up. Yay! I can now set up two more waitlists!

that gives me hope for my 1 night Bwv standard studio—January 25th.

ETA. It should read my 2019 UY and 2020
UY!! Lol
im always amazed that some members don’t know this. I recently posted this on FB and a member wanted to argue that I was wrong until I showed her a screenshot of my dashboard with 3 waitlist. 2 for January and 1 for April. I’m an April UY. Most people think it’s 2 per calendar year.

I didn’t know this either. Thanks for sharing!

Ya the UY waitlist thing I knew I just never have had a WL be filled.

Are they still slow to process the WL? Sounds they are so wondering if I should be checking in with them randomly to check.

Just checked in via chat with DVC, and had my one night BCV waitlist match in November. It was not on my dashboard. Member services finalized the reservation manually, then combined all of my separate reservations into one reservation.

For our HHI stay we had two nights in a studio, and our third night was in a one bedroom. I checked every day, and when I logged on this morning and saw I had some points in this UY, I knew the WL came through!!:thumbsup2

So I have checked in once a week or so for a few waitlists I have going with no luck. Today, chat was FINALLY available for me through the website, and I asked the chat CM if any of my WLs had matched. One did, and he completed it for me. It never showed up in the RAT, and no one at MS had completed the match yet. For those of you with WLs who are impatient, like me, it’s probably good to check on it from time to time. I’m trying to solidify a trip with 3 different rooms for 3 groups of us going, so it’s a little bit of work.

I had an interesting chat about a WL a couple days ago. The CM told me it looked like my WL had “maybe” matched but that it had to go through a number of “check points” before confirming and that best case it would confirm, worst case I know was next for the next cancellation. That just seemed strange to me. I think I’m going to call today. The WL is a middle day to fill the gap for a room I already have on either end.

I just had a waitlist come through for one night in a BWV standard view studio. It’s for the Saturday of Marathon Weekend. I never though it had a chance, but the email came through a few days ago. I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket!

I have a 1 night waitlist at HH. I know I’m at the top because the room was there but I needed to move points and when I went back it was gone, so processed my WL. Though only a cancellation would get me my room, unlike at wdw when people are moving and vacating rooms all the time. I have a backup reissue booked.

I had a waitlist come through this weekend for 3 night studio near hospitality house at OKW for November. First time using the waitlist and I had been scouting the availability for over two weeks before putting in a WL, got the WL after two or three days! Very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter