Waitlist during this weird time

When you place a waitlist online does it ask you to specify the reservation number you want to replace if the waitlist fills? I’ve only done a waitlist by speaking to member services.

When you place a waitlist online does it ask you to specify the reservation number you want to replace if the waitlist fills? I’ve only done a waitlist by speaking to member services.

Yes. You can choose. Just know that it’s all or nothing.

So, if you have 4 nights and want to change only 2, do not choose replace online but call because if you did and it fills, youd lose those 2 nights you wanted.

i

Yes. You can choose. Just know that it’s all or nothing.

So, if you have 4 nights and want to change only 2, do not choose replace online but call because if you did and it fills, youd lose those 2 nights you wanted.

i

I just wanted to add that even though I did exactly as @Sandisw described, they still didn’t complete the waitlist switcharoo once mine filled. They had “a question” when I reached out to them. The question was whether I still wanted them to replace my current reservation with the wait listed night which came through. 🤦🏻‍♀️ And no, nothing had changed since I entered the WL request. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I will say one should always check before canceling one. It has happened several times...including yesterday...that as soon as I canceled my WL because I booked a different room, the one I wanted showed up. Just too odd to have been a coincidence and I think it was a matched room that had just not yet been processed.
This just happened for me! I was getting impatient with a CCV waitlist and one night popped up so I decided to try my luck at grabbing that one night and waitlisting just the other night I needed. Sure enough, as soon as I cancelled the original 2-day waitlist, those two days appeared as available. So they must have been a match, just not yet processed. But I was able to quickly snag the second night since I was already in modify mode setting up the new waitlist. 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter