Waitlist Help, Please

AlliH

Original Mouseketeer
Full Disclaimer: I am an associate for my parent's DVC account (i.e. their personal travel agent). They were erroneously sold an Aulani deed under the false promise that they would "have NO trouble" booking our annual, week-long stay at Disneyland's Grand California.

Anyways ...

We are (obviously) not able to book our April stay in full now that the booking window is open. I had waitlisted a few individual nights of the trip and randomly saw one of the very same nights that I had waitlisted was miraculously open to book recently.

My question is: why was I not granted my waitlist request for that single night when I was able to book that single night through the website on my own?

Has anybody had this happen before? If so, am I better off not waitlisting anything and just keep checking, hoping to get lucky? :(

Did you set up your WL to only book it if all nights were available?

Also, the unit may have been cancelled and they haven’t run their check against the WL yet. I don’t believe this occurs instantaneously.

Did you set up your WL to only book it if all nights were available?

Also, the unit may have been cancelled and they haven’t run their check against the WL yet. I don’t believe this occurs instantaneously.

Thank you for the response.

No, that option was not chosen.

I can see, for some reason, not setting up an auto-fulfillment system for the WL, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the waitlist, no? Idk ... I feel like California is an accident in terms of DVC :oops: and anything setup for optimal usage at WDW DVC resorts has zero impact on Grand Cal villas. I imagine there may be a very logical explanation as to how or why this happened, but in regards to Disneyland's Vacation Club, everything is obsolete.

It is one of the strange things that no one understands for sure. The computer is supposed to check released rooms against waitlists, but have heard it does it in batches.

You will find this happens quite often. (See the Stalking Fatigue thread). I have been very lucky searching for the rooms I have waitlisted only to find them show up. Many times, it is the only one as once I snag it and go back, owning is there.

Now that members have the opportunity to see and book on our own, we get lucky.

There is also a new thread about people finding the waitlist matched and it not being confirmed. Once it matched, a CM has to manually enter it. Recently people have found out there was a match when calling for something else, Happened to me to.

So, now I am wondering if sometimes there is a match to the waitlist but it hasn’t been processed and in the meantime a member finds that same room available.

I guess what I am saying is we really don’t know for sure. Checking is a great way to end up with what you want, even with the waitlist,

It is one of the strange things that no one understands for sure. The computer is supposed to check released rooms against waitlists, but have heard it does it in batches.

You will find this happens quite often. (See the Stalking Fatigue thread). I have been very lucky searching for the rooms I have waitlisted only to find them show up. Many times, it is the only one as once I snag it and go back, owning is there.

Now that members have the opportunity to see and book on our own, we get lucky.

There is also a new thread about people finding the waitlist matched and it not being confirmed. Once it matched, a CM has to manually enter it. Recently people have found out there was a match when calling for something else, Happened to me to.

So, now I am wondering if sometimes there is a match to the waitlist but it hasn’t been processed and in the meantime a member finds that same room available.

I guess what I am saying is we really don’t know for sure. Checking is a great way to end up with what you want, even with the waitlist,

Thank you! I guess I will continue to check each morning, noon and night :surfweb:

I have had much better luck stalking for what I need than having a waitlist come thru by itself. I have only had 1 waitlist come thru without stalking. I am currently waiting for one night at Riviera in February and I will be checking at least 2x a day even though I have a waitlist. You never know when you are going to catch a room that is just released.

Honestly, I'm starting to get the impression that inventory is getting taken by the waitlists immediately after it becomes available, it's just DVC is very lax in manually okaying the match.

I've had 3 waitlists match in the past month, every single one I only found out about when contacting member services about something else. Out of the inventory freed up by my waitlists matching, only one day got returned to the RAT.

This would create the situation that, if two rooms were released matching your waitlist, you would see one room available on the RAT because the other room had silently matched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!