Waitlist Not Working....Keep Checking

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Good Morning,

Keep checking your waitlists. I just grabbed a Boardwalk View Studio for Presidents week that I have had waitlisted for months.
I'm not sure if this is a thing now- Disney not running waitlists or this is an anomaly.

Hoping this information might be helpful for someone else.

YAY! So glad you got what you wanted! From what I understand, they only run waitlists maybe once a day? Either way it is not often and it is not uncommon to get what you want by "stalking" the site. I've done it many times before my waitlist has come through. I learned about it from a post-HAHA

But how do you know it’s not working? I’ve done exactly what you did,but as soon as I canceled my waitlist, the day showed up again, which meant my waitlist filled, was being held, but never processed. Since you had a hot day, once you canceled, it went to the next waitlist. The problem is, the waitlist is grabbing the days, but no one is processing on a timely manner. For example last week I canceled FOUR, yes 4 weeks in a Bwv standard studio. The last week in January and the first 3 weeks of February to include the entire week of prez week holiday. After I canceled I went back to see how much showed up and only 2 nights in January and 3 nights in February showed up, so I made a lot of people happy, eventually once the waitlist is processed. None Of the prez Days showed up. all we can do is waitlist and stalk.

But how do you know it’s not working? I’ve done exactly what you did,but as soon as I canceled my waitlist, the day showed up again, which meant my waitlist filled, was being held, but never processed. Since you had a hot day, once you canceled, it went to the next waitlist. The problem is, the waitlist is grabbing the days, but no one is processing on a timely manner. For example last week I canceled FOUR, yes 4 weeks in a Bwv standard studio. The last week in January and the first 3 weeks of February to include the entire week of prez week holiday. After I canceled I went back to see how much showed up and only 2 nights in January and 3 nights in February showed up, so I made a lot of people happy, eventually once the waitlist is processed. None Of the prez Days showed up. all we can do is waitlist and stalk.

I haven't cancelled the waitlist as my cousin, who lives in JAX would love to stay one night at BWV to visit us and if it comes through she will. If the waitlist grabs the room, how am I able to book it? I'm not sure how this works but it seems ineffective.

I haven't cancelled the waitlist as my cousin, who lives in JAX would love to stay one night at BWV to visit us and if it comes through she will. If the waitlist grabs the room, how am I able to book it? I'm not sure how this works but it seems ineffective.

The key is that the room you grabbed is not the same one that might be held for the waitlist,

More than 1 might have opened up. When a waitlist fills, it is held in the background but there is nothing on the dashboard that lets you know it’s matched. Once matched, a CM has to actually change it and until they do, it looks like it has not matched.

This has happened to me...grabbed a room, canceled the waitlist, and there is the room again,

Or, found my second choice, booked it, canceled the waitlist, and all of a sudden the room I wanted is there, and I get it.

Give MS a call and ask if the waitlist matched but has not processed yet,

Of course, sometimes, I do think rooms show up before the system grabs them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!