Waitlist question 12/6

dboules

DIS-LUVR
I’ve been waitlisted for about 6 months for one night in a 2 bedroom at BRV. I have booked a room at AKL just in case it didn’t come through.
I have used all my points and I banked the few lingering points I had.
What happens if my waitlist comes through?
Will they call me so I can cancel the AKL night and have the points for the BRV night?

If you didn't indicate on the WL request that you wanted to replace the AKL res for the BRV, I would call MS and ask them to add to your request. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is to be in limbo waiting for that one day!

Thanks, It’s been so long since I booked this that I don’t remember if I indicated to replace the AKL ressie.
I’ll give them a call to confirm.

That's wise! I forget, too, and, if you are authorizing up to 7 days, it keeps those points out of holding. :)

Yes, make sure the BRV is set to replace the AKL room. Don't fret, I got my waitlist for AKL club at 32 days out and had to immediately modify my other reservations to drop the extra room before I had to deal with holding points. Good luck!

If you don't have any points left other than the points for your AKV room, you need to make sure they will cover the stay at BRV. You need to have enough points to cover the stay in order for it to be booked.

WHOO HOO!!! I called to check on my waitlist and if I had requested to replace the AKL booking.
Guess what she said my waitlist came through. Seems kinda fishy but whatever - I am just so happy that we don't have to swap rooms on the last night of the stay.
She even combined the reservation since the previous nights were in the same room category/resort. So no need to checkout/checkin or move rooms for the entire trip.
Super happy!!!!

WHOO HOO!!! I called to check on my waitlist and if I had requested to replace the AKL booking.
Guess what she said my waitlist came through. Seems kinda fishy but whatever - I am just so happy that we don't have to swap rooms on the last night of the stay.
She even combined the reservation since the previous nights were in the same room category/resort. So no need to checkout/checkin or move rooms for the entire trip.
Super happy!!!!
Awesome news!

Super happy!!!!

Congrats!! It just happened to me yesterday. I called about booking my missing night on cash and the CM said she noticed my waitlist had matched for BLT Dec 16th.

Guess what she said my waitlist came through. Seems kinda fishy but whatever - I am just so happy

Actually, not fishy at all. I have noticed lately that MS is not getting in any hurry to complete the manual matching of a waitlist. It could have been matched for weeks, but a CM hadn't physically completed the reservation. It can be aggravating; can't help wondering how many waitlists I recently deactivated that were sitting there matched, but not completed. :crazy2:

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Glad your waitlist came through, some Disney magic happening there! pixiedust: Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter