Waitlist success!!

WebmasterDoc

DIS Veteran
3 weeks ago I reported my problem getting a reservation for a HH GV right at 9:00am 11 months ahead. I had aleady gotten the first 3 nights of our stay by adding nights to the existing reservation. When I called right as MS opened at the 11 month mark for the next day, all of the GVs (there are only 5 of them) were already reserved by 9:02am. I ended up reserving a 2BR and a 1BR for that day and then was able to get the last 2 nites in the GV. I was placed on the waitlist for the missing date.

This morning I was looking at our schedule on dvcmember.com and noticed that we now had all of the nights in the GV. I did call MS to confirm the reservation (and to make sure it was all linked together since it was made using 2 different contracts) and they confirmed that it came thru on 8/29, the 2BR/1BR had been cancelled and everything was linked together. We should be getting the printed confirmation soon.

For those waiting for the "new" waitlist to work for them, it appears that it does work at least some of the time.

:goodvibes Congratulations, Doc! WooHoo! :banana:

It seems a lot of folks who go to the trouble of calling day-by-day at exactly 11 months end up cancelling anyway. The earlier one gets on the waitlist, the better. And at 9:02 at exactly 11 months, well that's pretty early. Nice to hear it worked out for you, Doc. Have a great trip!

Yes - thanks for letting us know.

I don't like to hear that you can't get what you want when you call right at 9 am on the day your 11 month window opens.

A 3 week wait doesn't sound so bad - especially if MS did everything exactly right with the cancellation and linking.

That's awesome, Doc! Congratulations. :)

This is the kind of thing that is making me reconsider (our paperwork to sign is on its way). may I ask what was the time year (week) you were trying ot get a reservation for that wasn't available at 9:02am at your 11 month window? Was it Christmas or new year's or something?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter