Waitlist vs Stalking - Poll

Waitlist vs. Stalking: what wins?

• Total voters

marisabuzz

Mouseketeer
I was inspired by the stalking vs waitlist thread to do this. I’m curious to know how often stalking or waitlist prevails.

For me, we decided last minute to add a beach vacation to the WDW trip we started planning almost a year ago. For this, we originally booked a beachside hotel at Daytona and hadn’t considered Vero Beach at all until I started rereading the forums again. And of course, being under 60 days out there was no availability. I waitlisted two days 10 days ago at the tail end of our trip and checked, stalked RAT and the ****** numerous times daily to see if anything opened up. As of this morning, no luck.

I called MS earlier this afternoon to add room requests to our BLT res (couldn’t do it online) and had procrasinated calling in until today. In the middle of adding the request the CM said “oh you’re in luck! You Vero WL matched! I’ll set that up for you right now!” I was over the moon! I haven’t told the kids or DH that it happened (DH was our blowing leaves and kids were at the in-laws). I’m so not telling them until we are about to leave for the beach!!

Anyway, WL came through for me. What are your experiences?

I voted “tie” because the waitlist has won in the past, and other times stalking worked while my WL was still showing active (and I just booked it and canceled my own waitlist).

Not sure how to answer this, but waitlist has worked for us if we have had one or two days waitlisted (example, December 5 at bcv studio).

I’ve also checked for a weekend here or there, and gotten the following without waitkusring:
1. Std blt studio for Labor Day weekend in late October!
2. Value akv studio in mid May
3. Std bwv studio last weekend of May

All of the three above were the last rooms in the inventory (I checked a few minutes after I booked).

I've never stalked. I think every waitlist request I've ever made has matched - either to my preferred choice or my backup choice.

Mezza mezza.

I've had both happen. Most recently, I was able to book a CCV 2-BR before my WL came thru. But then a 1-night BWV studio came thru on my WL when I had just stalked the website an hour before hand.

Put in a WL yesterday for one night at VGC. Noticed around noon today that the room I wanted was available and booked it. I win this round!!

We booked a last minute trip in Feb 2018. The last two nights were at AKV but with two different rooms, one savanna view then a standard view. So I'd been checking on and off to try and not have to switch twice with no luck. Then yesterday I my waitlist came through, so now the last two nights are AKV savanna view. So now I only have to do the one room switch from SSR to AKV.

So far I am at a 50% return rate. Two trips upcoming-two separate stays/rooms at both. 1 Waitlist came through for each....however one of the trips is in august so there is still time.

All these experiences are great to hear. I’m noticing that WL is beating stalking. I wonder if that’s because the algorithm to match waitlists has improved?

Our trip last month was short notice and initially we could only get couple of random nights in Studio or 1bed. We were hoping for AKV. I was up early one Saturday and checked to find availability everywhere including Poly, AKV, BC. I had to wait to call in as we were modifying but I thought for sure it was a glitch because of the amount of options and because WL hadn't picked either up. But nope we got it and had great MNSSHP trip. So stalking one that time!

My first ever waitlist just came through... my stalking searches were/are still resulting in no availability, so waitlist wins!

Well waitlist should win. But from what I have read that is not always the case?

My waitlist came through today for a 2 bedroom marathon Sunday at BWV. We had 2, 1 bedrooms booked for the night and the rest of the week in a two bedroom. I’m so thrilled that we a)get to be all in the same room, b)won’t have to switch rooms after the first night, and c)that my waitlist gamble paid off. I tried stalking off and on the past 6 month with zero luck!

I’m also excited that my extra points for the difference between two one bedrooms and one two bedroom didn’t go into holding, so now I’m trying to figure out what to do with 27 points before August 2018.

Well waitlist should win. But from what I have read that is not always the case?
In theory WL should win, but others have experienced otherwise. WL failing seemed to have been worse in the past but we still see and hear stories of the system failing to do its job.

I have never waitlisted. I just did my first one for July 2018 for Hilton Head. I have a Vero room booked as back up and said to replace if waitlist comes through. I’m a little confused about why the site mentioned borrowing points. If the waitlist comes through, does it just use the points from the Vero booking? Thanks!

I have had great success with waitlists. I generally ask member services to assist me to set them up because I have specific contracts I want to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!