Walk from cabana bay to sapphire falls

shoney

DIS Veteran
trying to figure out the easiet way to leave cabana bay and check into hard rock. Hard rock suggested going to sapphire falls and using the complimentary car service.
Is this a quick walk with luggage? Should I just spend the few dollars on an Uber?

CBBR is litteraly across the street from Sapphire Falls.
There is only a road to cross. But it can be busy and there is no crosswalk.
They have recently put up a sign advising not to cross but use the garden walk. That will take you under 10 minutes (5 if you're a fast walker but more likely 10 with luggage)

After 6pm, there is a shuttle bus that will take you to the HRH (and any of the other deluxe onsite hotels). But if you don't check-in until after 6pm, you pretty much have lost the first day of your EPs through staying at the HRH. So maybe not the best option for you, but wanted to at least mention it.

I have seen a few recent posts mentioning that there is a baggage-only shuttle service between the on-site hotels. I haven't tried it or verified it really exists, but if so, it would make getting over to HRH easier as you wouldn't have to deal with your luggage. You might check with the CBR front-desk or concierge to see if that is an option to get your luggage over to HRH. Then all you have to do is get yourselves over to HRH (which might be easier without your luggage.) :) The fastest way, early in the morning is probably paying for an Uber/Lyft or taxi. But that would cost somewhere around $8+. I'd think the next best option is to take the CBR shuttle to City Walk. Then depending on timing, you can either wait for the HRH shuttle (which comes by the City Walk shuttle drop-off every 30 minutes) or you can go through security and walk to the HRH Water Taxi.

If you decide to use the garden walk to get to Sapphire Falls, be aware that you have to walk up a flight of stairs from the Cabana Bay side. If your luggage is small enough, it shouldn't be a problem. But if you travel like I do, I wouldn't go that route.

I've heard that Loew's would transfer the luggage for you for a split stay. Generally, you will leave your bags with bell service at CBBR. They will tag them and move them for you. When you get to HRH, you can claim your bags at their bell service or have them delivered to your room. I haven't done this personally so I can't truly vouch for it. Give them a call and they should be able to tell you how to go about it.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just uber. I like having all the bags with me and know that they are there in the room whenever I need them. The ride should be under $10.

If you decide to use the garden walk to get to Sapphire Falls, be aware that you have to walk up a flight of stairs from the Cabana Bay side. If your luggage is small enough, it shouldn't be a problem. But if you travel like I do, I wouldn't go that route.

I've heard that Loew's would transfer the luggage for you for a split stay. Generally, you will leave your bags with bell service at CBBR. They will tag them and move them for you. When you get to HRH, you can claim your bags at their bell service or have them delivered to your room. I haven't done this personally so I can't truly vouch for it. Give them a call and they should be able to tell you how to go about it.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just uber. I like having all the bags with me and know that they are there in the room whenever I need them. The ride should be under $10.

When we walked to RPR one afternoon, I thought right next to the stairs was a winding inclined walkway that one could use with luggage. I assume it might be an ADA requirement for all walkways.

There is, indeed a long ramp. I used it many times during our last stay since I was on a scooter. it's a fairly gentle incline.

When we stayed in May, it was like $7 from CBBR to Portofino Bay. I would imagine that HRH would be similar.

For the luggage transfer - they transfer TO Cabana Bay from the other resorts, but not FROM there (I was told because it was their budget hotel). So, when we transferred from RPR to Cabana Bay, they sent our bags, but when we went from Cabana Bay to Portofino, we took a cab - there's like a million out front all the time. lol :)

trying to figure out the easiet way to leave cabana bay and check into hard rock. Hard rock suggested going to sapphire falls and using the complimentary car service.
Is this a quick walk with luggage? Should I just spend the few dollars on an Uber?

Spend the dollars for a cab.

It`s cheap and convenient.

When we stayed in May, it was like $7 from CBBR to Portofino Bay. I would imagine that HRH would be similar.

For the luggage transfer - they transfer TO Cabana Bay from the other resorts, but not FROM there (I was told because it was their budget hotel). So, when we transferred from RPR to Cabana Bay, they sent our bags, but when we went from Cabana Bay to Portofino, we took a cab - there's like a million out front all the time. lol :)
Thanks for posting this!! It's always great to from people that have first hand experience. Learn new things everyday.

Update. It was 8 am and the cbs were lined up so we took one tonhard rock from cabana bay. It was $6.30. Plus tip. They are metered and there was no traffic

As a side used lyft to and from airport and was around $24 for 4 people. We only had onemlarg suitcase and 2 carryon so we fit in the smaller car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!