Walk From Riviera To Caribbean Beach Skyliner Station

GranJan1

Earning My Ears
We’re staying at the Riviera next week. When I booked it 7 mo ago, the ease of using the Skyliner sounded great since I use a wheelchair. After finding out that loading at the Riviera station with a wheelchair may not be so easy, we’re thinking about just walking to the Caribbean Beach station to board the Skyliner. How long of a walk will that be?

At the Riviera Skyliner Station, they can stop the line if necessary to allow someone using either an ECV or wheelchair extra time to load/unload.

The CM at Riviera will call either the Epcot or CBR station (depending on direction of travel) to request an empty ADA cabin. Once that cabin arrives at Riviera, they will stop the line to allow you to load. At the destination, your cabin will travel though the special ADA zone where it will stop to allow unloading.

Last edited:
Yeah they just pull a Cabin off the line to a seperate area. It doesn't hold up the main line really at all. They likely will have 2 cabins pulled off the line at all times for this. Plus you could ride the Riviera line to CBB and do the same thing. Still probably faster than waiting for a bus and loading an ECV and unloading.
Riviera is a pass through station so there is no secondary loading area like the terminal stations. They require a full line stoppage to board or remove an ECV/wheelchair at the station. Shouldn’t be but a 60second stop each time it happens and I expect mornings and evenings to be worse. But I hear little complaints about it right now and Riviera is already at capacity so it hasn’t been too much of an issue.

Riviera is a pass through station so there is no secondary loading area like the terminal stations. They require a full line stoppage to board or remove an ECV/wheelchair at the station. Shouldn’t be but a 60second stop each time it happens and I expect mornings and evenings to be worse. But I hear little complaints about it right now and Riviera is already at capacity so it hasn’t been too much of an issue.
Oh really? I did no know that. So guests coming from the CBB Station dont have to get off at Riviera and Switch?

I read a comment this morning saying that it was never stopped at Riviera for them. They described their experience boarding there as “nerve wracking”. So it sounds like it isn’t usually stopped. I just don’t want to be rushed if it’s not stopped or inconvenience others if it is stopped. I may watch a few wheelchairs loading to see how it goes. If it seems fine, I may board at Riviera. I still would like to know how long the walk is from Riviera to the CB station in case I decide I’d rather go there to board. We’re not usually in a hurry but my husband will be walking with me & I don’t want to make him walk a long way just because I’m to chicken to board at Riviera.

I read a comment this morning saying that it was never stopped at Riviera for them. They described their experience boarding there as “nerve wracking”. So it sounds like it isn’t usually stopped. I just don’t want to be rushed if it’s not stopped or inconvenience others if it is stopped. I may watch a few wheelchairs loading to see how it goes. If it seems fine, I may board at Riviera. I still would like to know how long the walk is from Riviera to the CB station in case I decide I’d rather go there to board. We’re not usually in a hurry but my husband will be walking with me & I don’t want to make him walk a long way just because I’m to chicken to board at Riviera.
It was a wheelchair/ECV? They don't stop for strollers but my experience (seeing it happen) was they stopped the line for mobility. I'm sure if you were in a wheelchair or ECV you can ask the CM to stop the line.

I read a comment this morning saying that it was never stopped at Riviera for them. They described their experience boarding there as “nerve wracking”. So it sounds like it isn’t usually stopped.
The Epcot line comes to a complete stop many times during the day to load ECVs/Wheelchairs. In regards to the comment you mention, it's likely that particular CM needs additional training on how to deal with ECVs/Wheelchairs.

I still would like to know how long the walk is from Riviera to the CB station in case I decide I’d rather go there to board. We’re not usually in a hurry but my husband will be walking with me & I don’t want to make him walk a long way just because I’m to chicken to board at Riviera.
Looking at google maps, it's approx. 1/2 mile between the Riviera Skyliner station and the CBR Skyliner Station.

The Epcot line comes to a complete stop many times during the day to load ECVs/Wheelchairs. In regards to the comment you mention, it's likely that particular CM needs additional training on how to deal with ECVs/Wheelchairs.
It was a ECV at the Riviera station.

Looking at google maps, it's approx. 1/2 mile between the Riviera Skyliner station and the CBR Skyliner Station.
Thank you so much! That doesn’t sound too bad. Plus if you’re going to HS you’d save yourself the trouble of getting off & re-boarding at CB. Sounds like it will all work out.

Don't ever feel bad if the line stops for you. The rest of the world is so not friendly to wheelchairs it is. My wife had an issue once and we had to use an ECV and seriously, people at Disney World were just freaking rude about it, especially little kids. I had to often direct traffic to ensure my wife could get where she needed to go. I've also had to use crutches several times and geez getting into certain buildings sucked.

Today we rode the Skyliner from Riviera to Epcot & back. I was pretty nervous at first to load at Riviera but after watching it load a few times a talking to the workers, I decided to try it. It was fine. I had no trouble with backing out. When you board at Epcot it’s completely stopped and they call Riviera to let them know the gondola number so they know to slow it to what seemed like a stop. All my worries for nothing. We’ll be riding it many more times this week.

It was a ECV at the Riviera station.

I think I remember that. Since I use an ECV, i added a "note to self-avoid the Riviera Skyliner Station"

But now GranJan1, you're making me feel better about maybe using the Riviera station after all.

I think I remember that. Since I use an ECV, i added a "note to self-avoid the Riviera Skyliner Station"

But now GranJan1, you're making me feel better about maybe using the Riviera station after all.
Getting on at Riviera is no problem at all. Getting off is a little bit harder just because you’re backing off but as long as you stay straight it’s not bad. You can see your reflection in the window to make sure you’re centered & just back straight off. To me it’s not as bad as backing off the monorail on a ramp with mobs of people walking behind you. With the Skyliner, there’s no people crowding you, just the very sweet CMs telling how great you’re doing. Even though it doesn’t completely stop at Riviera, I never felt rushed. If you’re uneasy about backing off at Riviera, you can get off at Caribbean Beach. Tonight, coming back from HS, we decided to walk to Riviera from the CB station instead of transferring to another gondola. It wasn’t a very long walk & was nice. I’d like to do it again in daylight. My whole family, kids & grandkids, have loved the Skyliner this week. The sad thing is, we probably won’t stay at Riviera again, even though we’re loving it, so we won’t get to ride it much after this. My husband and I usually travel alone & studios are getting hard to get anywhere at 7 months. Since the whole family was going, we were lucky to get a 2 BR at Riviera but had to get preferred view. It was lots of points but I wanted this trip to be special & it has been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter