• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour-AM or PM?

Sk8Leigh

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to make a reservation for the WiWF tour during my vacation, Sept. 11-13. I was planning on 9am on 9/13, but it turns out they aren't offering the tour that day. I guess they're cutting the schedule back since it's off-peak. So my choices are 9/11 (Sunday) at 9am or 2:30pm, or Monday 9/12 at 9am.

Are there any major differences between going on this tour in the morning or the afternoon? I'm trying to figure out what fits in with my schedule best, but don't know if I should factor in the different times, or if either one would be just as good.

I've never been to DL, and don't know if this would be a good thing to do first thing when I get there at 9am on Sunday. (Plus, I'll be driving there from the LA area that morning and am not sure how that would go with such an early deadline. I've never driven in and am not familiar with the area.) When I went to WDW last year I hadn't been to the MK since 1988 when I was a kid, and the first thing I did was take the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and I found that to be a little jarring. I hadn't been on any of the rides in over 15 years, and then suddenly I was learning about all the backstage stuff and going backstage. In hindsight I wish I would have saved it for later in the trip. Would I feel the same about this tour?

Also, can you take a camera on this tour?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

My son and I took the 9:00 AM tour last October and absolutely loved it. In no way will it spoil the magic of Disneyland for you. The tour gaves us a lot of info/knowledge/trivia about the park and Walt Disney without giving away any secrets. It's kind of like a Walt Disney 101. The love and admiration that Melinda, our tour guide felt for Walt shone through loud and clear and we now look at the park through new eyes. Cameras are definitely allowed and encouraged. During our sneak peak at the lobby of Club 33, we were urged to take as many pictures as we wanted and the CM's even snapped pictures of us in the very ornate, antique elevator. Lunch was provided at the end of the tour and we were given a special WiWF pin. I'm sorry I'm not any help in providing information about the difference between the two tour times.

I agree trying to make the 9:00 AM tour would be cutting it a little close. I know the park gets more crowded in the afternoons so maybe that would be a good time to take the tour and use the less crowded morning hours to ride as many rides as possible.

Have fun!

I heard if you do the tour in the am you get preferred seating for the parade, and if you do it in the evening you get preferred seating for the fireworks. So it depends on which you would rather see without having to wait to long.
Yes definitely take your camera!!!!! You will regret it if you don't.
edit: wait I might be thinking of the 50th tour.

Churro said:
I heard if you do the tour in the am you get preferred seating for the parade, and if you do it in the evening you get preferred seating for the fireworks. So it depends on which you would rather see without having to wait to long.
Yes definitely take your camera!!!!! You will regret it if you don't.
edit: wait I might be thinking of the 50th tour.
Yes you are thinking of the From Imagination to Celebration tour (50th).
The PM tour is like the AM tour only you eat your lunch around 5/5:30 so it is more like an early dinner.

We did the Walk tour at 2:30 on a Monday (July 18th). We chose this time because the best time to ride or get FastPasses is in the morning. At 2:30, the crowds are larger and we thought the tour would be better for later. They also weere scheduled to serve lunch about 5:30p which turns out to be an early dinner.

Because that is the last tour of the day they kept us waiting before the tour started. We also didn't get to eat on the Gallery balcony due to other conflicts. We ate at the French Market overlooking the Rivers of America.

None of this seemed like a big deal to anyone in our group, but apparently because of these to things, they granted us reserved seating for the 9:00 Fantasmic! show at show tower B, which is the light tower that comes out of the ground right in front of the French Market restaurant. That was very cool and a great perk. I liked the later tour better as you can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter