Walk me thru this, adding guests to DVC res for benefits only

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Riffing off what I read here…

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ort-reservations-for-the-same-nights.3934942/

was planning on adding two family members names (slightly differently as suggested in the above thread) to our DVC res so they can accompany us to the BLT lounge. This outlined in the above thread. It appears to be accepted procedure. I’m asking here as to thoughts on a variation of it.

We are joining two family members for the race in April. We will bouncing around multiple resorts, they are staying in a deluxe resort via a bounce back, in the same resort, the whole time.

We decided we would like to add on the “paid” DP for one of reservations (1 night only). Thot occurred to me, since I would have them listed on the res already, would need to gift/buy them the DP too.

When i suggested it, they called WDW and were just going to add it themselves onto all nights of their shorter stay. They were told not eligible, due to being booked on a really nice bounce back rate.

Not trying to overtly circumvent the current rules. Just wondering if it is possible for me, via adding the two of them our reservation under a different version of their names on the existing reservation, to also buy them one day‘s entitlement of the DP? They would still keep their existing reservation that covers the same night and sleep there.

Our Room occupancy is five people, no penalty for extra adults listed on reservation as we are DVC.

They did check on modifying their existing reservation to stay with us. Unfortunately, their rate would adjust upward rather dramatically for one day less. Was also told the room reservation wouldn’t be held if they didn’t physically check in on day one.

I have no idea if they could just use a room key from our resort vs their magic bands for the DP usage. It would all be in our company, over a two day period.

Before any flames might fire up ;) , I’m specifically asking as to the feasibility of this, as I remember when the DP first came out that it was quite common place for people to book ‘throw away rooms’ via CRO. Believe it or not, they actually came out ahead for free DP, while keeping their DVC reservation. Times have decidedly changed @ WDW, this was long before MDE, magic bands etc.

what to do

Yes you can do it, but make sure they don’t link it to their MDE account.
Thanks! Good to hear.

Logistically, any idea how they would then redeem their dining entitlements?

Upon checking in, should I request room keys for them or just use my Magic band when ‘paying’ for dining at the venues?

Thanks! Good to hear.

Logistically, any idea how they would then redeem their dining entitlements?

Upon checking in, should I request room keys for them or just use my Magic band when ‘paying’ for dining at the venues?

It depends. Do you trust them NOT to use any more entitlements than they would be entitled to? I would think so, since they are family. In which case you can get them room keys for them.

But if you are going to be with them all the time that one day/night that you'll be using the entitlements, you can also just use your Magic Band when paying.

Do you trust them NOT to use any more entitlements than they would be entitled to? I would think so, since they are family. In which case you can get them room keys for them.
Good point, yes, we trust them implacably. just would want them to have ability to use the snack option if we do split up in Epcot at different food booths.

thanks ladies :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter