walkie talkies

Princess Tess

Mouseketeer
can anyone recomend a brand or model walkie talkie to purchase so when our family splits up we can stay in contact with each other ? i noticed people with them last year in the park. they seem like a good idea .

Just make sure whatever brand/model you choose has both the regular channels (I think usually 14) PLUS the sub-channels (I think usually 38). Think of it as, there are potentially a great number of people at WDW using the radios at any given moment, so a good number of them may have only the standard 14 channels. Which in turn means, that many folks could be on the same channel making it so that they are hearing more than just thier family/friends. The more channel options you have the more likely you are to get just your party and not the rest of the "world". The sub-channels are the most important thing :) We really LOVED having Motorolla Talkabout 250's this past Oct!

P.S.
It looks like this is on the Disney Tips board instead of the DVC one :)

We took two of the Motorola FR-60s in October to the World. They survived the rain and humidity, and being dropped multiple times (by accident of course). Motorola walkies can be bought at any electronic store or major department store. We only had to change stations once. We did not see many other people using walkies.

But, all said - walkies are a must. Even my "doubting wife" praised me for my forsight to purchase them. See doesn't know I picked up the tip on these boards. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter